Daddys girl - Adam Ruzek

Prompt: Adam Ruzek with song when she grows up requested by Corebore123

"Daddy's home" Ava squeezes as she heard the front door open, within seconds she had scrambled off your knee and ran as fast as her little legs could carry her.

"Hey princess" Adam chuckled as he crouched down scooping her up in his arms.

"Well we know who the favourite is" you laughed walking over to your husband and daughter.

"I'm a daddy's girl momma" Ava smirked.

"It's actually scary how much a like she is to you. She's got your smirk baby" you laughed giving Adam a kiss.

"And we both know you love my smirk" he smirked making you roll your eyes as he placed Ava on the ground.

Within seconds she was back running around the living room.

"Daddy I drawer you this" she grinned passing him a piece of paper. "That's you and me but you are superman"

You could see the tears forming in Adam's eyes.

"Do you know where I'm going to put this princess?" He asked bopping her nose "I'm going to put it on my desk so I can see it everyday."

"Come on you I let you stay up till daddy got home but it's now time for bed" you smiled.

"Daddy can you read me a story?" Ava asked as she dragged Adam upstairs.

"Of course I can princess" he grinned quickly passing me his gun before he disappeared.

Deciding to let them have some time together you started rounding up toys that was scattered across the living room.

"Why did you draw me as superman baby?" Adam asked as he placed Ava in her bed.

"Because you stop the bad guys like superman" Ava said softly placing her tiny hand in Adam. In that moment he thought his heart was going to burst with love for the tiny human in front of him. "And because you are my hero daddy"

It took all of Adam's strength to hold the tears back. He couldn't believe she saw him as her hero, that's all he ever wanted.

"Now what story do you want tonight" Adam asked as he sat on her bed.

Soon enough he came back downstairs, it was evident he had been crying.

"Babe what's wrong" you whispered as he sat next to you, pulling you into his arms.

"Ava told me I'm her hero" he sniffed. "Ever since she was born I knew I want to move mountains for her, and change the world. And show her no matter what happens, she's my little girl and that my love for her will last forever. And let her know she'll never get too big for Daddy's hugs."

You didn't say anything, you didn't need to you just squeezed your husband tight, nuzzling your head into his neck.

"What she sees in me that's what I wanna be, I could have all the badges pinned to my chest, I could be a Sargent of a unit and it still wouldn't top the fact our little girls thinks of her daddy as superman but not just any superman her superman" he whispered.