Dont call quits - adam ruzek

"So how's things going with Y/N?" Kevin asked Adam as they walked into the bullpen.

"Really well but it's still early days at the moment" Adam smiled.

"You seem happier bro" Kevin nodded.

"I am Y/N makes me feel something I've not felt with anyone before you know" Adam mumbled not wanting the rest of the team to hear. "She's coming round tonight and I'm cooking dinner for her"

"Check my boy out being all domestic and shit" Kevin laughed punching Adam's shoulder.

"Piss off" Adam smirked.

———

It had been a long day in the office and you couldn't wait to get home, get changed into your comfies and head over to Adam's.

As you was walking out the building a young woman and a child approached you.

"Are you Y/N?" She asked.

"Yeah who's wanting to know" you asked as you dug around in your bag for your car keys.

"I'm Rachel, I'm Adam's ex, I just wanted to make you away of what you are getting involved with" she half laughed.

"I don't get what you mean" you said adjusting your bag on your shoulder.

"Look I don't want to cause shit but we dated for 3 years but he left me out of no where and a week later I found out I was pregnant" she said pointing at the toddler in her arms.

You felt your heart drop as you looked at the little boy in her arms, he was the spitting image of Adam.

"Does he even know he had a kid because I know Adam absolutely loves kids" you said "now if you don't mind I need to be going"

The whole drive home all you could think about was the fact Adam had a child. Did he actually know about this child or was he clueless to the whole thing. But what ever the answer you didn't know how you felt about it and what it meant for your relationship as it was still in the early days.

Soon enough you arrived at Adam's but your mood wasn't the best. You hardly spoke all night in fear you'd say something you would regret.

"Baby are you okay, you've been quite all night" Adam said as he placed his hands on your shoulders, gently rubbing.

"Just something happened today" you sighed "who's Rachel?"

"She was my girlfriend like 3 years ago" he said "where has this come from?"

"She kinda ambushed me outside of work today" you sighed staring at the wall. "Did you know she was pregnant"

Adam didn't say anything but let a long sigh. "I did know and yes Aaron is my son"

"Why did you hide it from me, this is massive Adam" you said pulling away from him.

"Because I wanted to make sure this was real what we have before I introduced you to him, Y/N" he said rubbing the back of his neck. "It's a big thing"

"Oh I know it's a big thing Adam" you spat "what does this mean for us"

"I don't know because it seems you have made your mind up already" he scoffed. "If it's too much of an issue for you then you know where the door is"

"I don't know if it's an issue at the moment" you mumbled grabbing your bag "Look I just need time to process everything, I'm not giving up on us"

"Just stay the night please" he begged.

"Adam I just need time okay, I've got so much running though my head right now I just need some space, give me a day or so let me work through things and we will speak about what we are going to do" you whispered. "I don't want to get into an argument about it because at the end of the day he is your kid"

"Promise me you won't call quits on us because I really like you Y/N" he said taking your hand in his.

"I promise" you whispered as he pulled you into a hug