The Beginning

It Started with a Kiss

❤︎

The Beginning

Part 1

Arthit's POV

Have you ever experienced heartbreak? That excruciating pain in your chest, the terrible ache that consumes your body and soul, makes you feel you can't breathe, and then, the hopelessness and desperation that follows?

I never knew how painful it could be until my first love confession was rejected and quite harshly as well. Prior to that, I had only known the sweet agony of longing heart and unfulfilled dreams that accompanies one's secret crush. 

There is one person who I love the most in the world — his name is Kongpob Suthiluck. He is the one who commands my heart, but is very cold to me and has hurt me in many different ways several times, yet he is the main reason for me to continue living. 

Even though it hurts, I simply can't imagine a world without Kongpob.

I still remember the first time I saw him on stage when I started going to SK High School. He walked out to give a speech to all the students, looking tall, charismatic and simply drop-dead gorgeous. And I was smitten right there and then. I can still see his dark eyes looking over us all, his straight nose, well-defined jaw and the mop of ebony black hair with the floppy fringe that fell slightly over the side of his face. And when he opened his mouth, that husky voice caressed my ears like the sweetest honey...and the brilliance of his speech.

Sigh...

I never believed in love at first sight until that very moment. 

However, I never did dare to approach him because of our different social status. I mean, he was in the A class, class consisting of only the smartest students, and not only that, he was the top student in A class and his IQ is meant to be about 210 — that's like stratospheric. 

As for me, well, I'm right at the other end in F class, the lowest class in school, and I'm only an average student in my class. As my dad always said, "my talents lie in areas other than book learning". 

However, I'm still striving to discover where my talent lies. I still haven't found anything I'm good at.

Thank goodness my father has always been so understanding of me. It does make up to a certain extent for not having a mother. My mother died giving birth to me. You know, one hears of cases where fathers struggled and became to hate their children because their wives died in childbirth. But my father was different, he loved me more dearly than any other father I had seen and he means the world to me. I had once questioned him whether he ever hated me for what had happened to my mother, but he only chuckled, ruffled my raven hair gently and replied, "it's not possible for any father to hate their child. And it would be unfair to blame their child for the death of their mothers." 

At that moment I realized how damn lucky I am to have such a loving father.

I still remember the humiliation that ate into my very soul when I first confessed my love for Kongpob Suthiluck — or at least sort of confessed. Well, I'll let you know the details and then you can decide if it really can be considered a confession or not. 

After 2 years of crushing over him from afar, I had finally mustered up enough courage to write him a sweet letter expressing my love for him. With a thumping heart and extreme nervousness, I waited for him after school to give it to him. Just when he was stepping out of the corridor with another guy, Mike — I think he was the other genius guy who always got second place in school after Kongpob Suthiluck — I mustered up my courage to step up to him and pass him the letter that was sealed in my best blue floral envelope.