Two Idiots

❤︎

Two Idiots

Part 18

Kongpob's POV

Hmmm... I never knew that my culinary skills were so very much in demand. It was rather surprising to hear the number of compliments that Arthit received with regards to the "excellent dinner he cooked". 

I would have ignored the entire event as not being worthy of notice if not for some busybodies who thought it their business to inform me of their belief that Arthit would make a very good partner to someone one day, especially since he could prepare such fantastic meals. 

If only they knew that they were talking to the chef himself! 

Well, seriously I don't really give a damn about their opinions. I don't understand why human beings are always so anxious to share with others their inaccurate deduction and judgment. Anyway before they could annoy me too much, I dragged Arthit away for a tennis practice. 

I haven't forgotten the upcoming tennis match. Even if I could not improve his skills, at least I will train him to get out of my way.

I started hitting the balls to Arthit mercilessly, telling him off whenever he did anything wrong. One cannot afford to be too kind to someone like Arthit — harsh words would work wonders rather than sympathy that would not sink into his thick skull. 

Apparently, I overdid it a little because even the-always-yelling Mike commented that I was being overboard. 

Helloooo!!!??

He's the one who displays schizophrenic tendencies when it comes to tennis — the reason why I'm training Arthit so hard is because of Mike's underhanded means of trying to beat me at tennis by pairing me with the absolutely worst player in the entire club (if not, the world). 

Why doesn't he look in the mirror before criticizing me — what about his own ethics?

❤︎

Arthit's POV

After another late session of tennis practice, I was staggering out of the tennis court, totally worn out, when suddenly I had the feeling that someone was watching me again. My skin crawled as I turned around, looking at my surroundings fearfully. It was already late at night and I suddenly became aware of the creepy darkness around me.

A shrill scream tore from my throat and I jumped in fright when my eyes fell on a shadow on the ground next to me. Petrified, I couldn't stop screaming. 

Suddenly, a pair of hands grabbed my shoulder. My blood turned cold and the world was starting to swirl when they shook me rather hard.

"Stop it, Arthit!" A familiar irate voice sounded near my ear. I turned to see Kongpob Suthiluck frowning at me.

"Kongpob Suthiluck!" I would have flung myself into his arms if he hadn't been gripping my shoulders so tightly, rendering me immobile.

"What's the matter?" The calm tone of his voice soothed my overwrought nerves immediately. I pointed out the shadow to him with a shaking finger.

"A ghost..." my voice was trembling. To my surprise, he did not show any signs of fear. Instead, he actually rolled his eyes at me and walked straight up to a bush where the shadow appeared to be.

"Stop playing the fool — who are you?" He even sounded rather annoyed as he spoke to the bush! To my surprise, there was a rustling sound, then the bush parted and several students around our age appeared with sheepish expressions on their faces.