Realization

❤︎

Realization

Part 20

Kongpob's POV

We were sitting in a private room in the Mr Rojnapat's restaurant, starting on an extremely mouth-watering dinner. The table was covered with delicacies such as sashimi, delicate slices of thin beef, oysters and barbecued eel. 

It's really amazing how Arthit's cooking skills are practically non-existent compared to his father's. Surely, it would be reasonable to expect that some of his father's skills would have rubbed off on him. Obviously it must have been some recessive gene that has skipped a generation. 

Max was trying his best to be a permanent fixture near our table as he served us — I forgot that he was now an apprentice to Mr Rojnapat's restaurant.

"Now, a toast to welcome Arthit and his father to our family!" that was Mama waving her glass around chirpily. I reached for my glass, albeit a trifle reluctantly and we all drank. 

As soon as I had put down the glass, I found Max standing next to my chair. "Arthit, I thought you'd move out of the Kongpob residence?"

"Oh but he's moving back in," my mother cut in happily. I glanced at Max. He didn't look too merry at the bombshell that my mother had oh so casually dropped. On contrary, his face had turned a dark red.

"Well, I mean since Kongpob's already kissed Arthit, I don't see why they shouldn't stay under the same roof." I nearly choked on my mouthful of soup at my mother's next words. Apparently Arthit suffered the same shock, as simultaneously, choking sounds came from his direction. When I looked at him, he had buried his face in the napkin behind which the sounds of a coughing fit were heard – that baka's always unlucky.

"Whaaat?" I winced as that idiot Max practically shouted into my ear. Before I could react, he had seized me by the collar and was shaking me hard. "Tell me that isn't true! Tell me you haven't kissed Arthit!" 

Smoke was practically coming out from his ears as he glared at me, grinding his teeth. It's pathetic how lower life forms always have to turn to violence to solve everything. I simply removed his hands from my collar and smoothed my shirt with dignity.

"It's true," I said and then deliberately rubbed salt into his wounds. "He looked really cute blushing then." Turning my back on him, I continued to enjoy my dinner, leaving him to tear his hair out in rage. 

Fortunately, Arthit was still in the midst of his coughing fit and didn't hear our little exchange. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known the end of it. I must admit that on rare occasions, my tongue runs away from me.

❤︎

Arthit's POV

A few days after that extremely embarrassing dinner, I found my feet carrying me to Kongpob Suthiluck's faculty building, much to my own confusion. To my surprise, I noticed a familiar figure lurking furtively behind a tree. I stepped up to the figure and tapped him on the shoulder. Mike jumped up violently as he swung around to face me, his face scarlet.

"Don't do that again. You scared the heck out of me!"

"Who are you looking for?" I looked in the direction which he had been staring in and my heart gave a sickening lurch.

"...so what do you say?" That was Jessica smiling sweetly (sickly sweetly) at Kongpob Suthiluck.

"Sorry, I'm busy." He turned and walked off abruptly, leaving her looking despondently after him. I could not help but gloat. Way to go Kongpob Suthiluck! I knew you wouldn't go out with her!