The Prince in Shining Armor

❤︎

The Prince in Shining Armor

Part 4

Arthit's POV

The next morning, I saw this huge crowd of people looking at the notice board. I wonder why there was so much interesting news in this school. Max was staring at it too and evidently it had caused him much agitation, because he was struggling against his two sidekicks who were holding him back and screaming "No, this can't be true! No way, let me go!" all over again. 

I walked up to the noticeboard and froze. A picture of me sleeping next to Kongpob Suthiluck on my desk was pasted all over the board. I gasped aloud – how on earth did they get this picture!?? Then it slowly dawned on me – the envelope that Mrs Kongpob gave me! I recalled how last night she asked me if I had liked what was in the envelope. When I told her shamed-facedly that I had actually dropped it, she had reassured me not to worry about it as she had lots more of the same. Then the next moment, she asked me to help her sort out all the photos that she had taken secretly of Kongpob Suthiluck and myself while we'd been sleeping. I was so shocked by her extensive collection that I had not made the connection between the two events. 

My only thought was to get it off the board before Kongpob saw it. Just as I was struggling to fight my way through the crowd to the board, I froze as I saw Kongpob Suthiluck standing a few feet away, staring at the board in clear shock. Apparently he had been doing so for a while already.

"Kongpob, it isn't true that he's staying at your house is it?" Jessica, an extremely attractive, rich and brilliant (she was from A class as well) girl having the hots for Kongpob Suthiluck was standing next to him, clutching at his arm, whilst his admirers were hanging around them waiting for his answer. 

Reluctantly, he nodded. A collective sigh, or rather wail echoed through the girls as they all started crying aloud and Kongpob quickly moved away from them. Just then, he saw me staring at him and stopped. The flash in those dark eyes petrified me and I stood there motionless on trembling legs as he strode up to me.

"You baka," he hissed ferociously to me. "Thanks for messing up my life."

"I'm sorry... I dropped it by accident..." My lips started quavering as tears welled up in my eyes. I really didn't mean to create any more trouble for him. Then I turned in my spot and fled, not wanting to burst into tears in front of him.

❤︎

Kongpob's POV

I was furious at the scandal that the photograph was creating, but then I spotted my target and and made for her ready to attack. Arthit was looking like a deer trapped in the headlights of an approaching car, his large long lashed eyes were wide open with a scared expression.

"Thanks for messing up my life." 

After saying those words to him, I felt some stirrings of guilt for the first time when he ran off, obviously crying. I have never made someone cry before and to be fair as he was in the picture, my dearest mama must have been at least partially responsible. What happened to your manners, Kongpob? Thanks to his irresponsible behavior, I would have to put up with all the gossips for the next couple of weeks at least. 

I gritted my teeth and hardened my heart thinking of forthcoming intrusion into my private space by all the weak-minded busy bodies speculating to themselves (if I was lucky) or crowding around me with stupid questions regarding my private life (if I was unlucky). Why was I so darn unlucky to have him staying with me?