Engaged!?

❤︎

Engaged!?

Part 49

Kongpob's POV

"You have something to say to me." I stated as a matter of fact as I opened the door of my bedroom, gesturing for Arthit to enter. I'm always the gentleman. 

As we both sat down on the mat on the floor, I looked at Arthit. There was a sweet blush on his face and he was wringing his hands in his lap in distress. Quite obviously he was finding it hard to say what he wanted. I waited patiently for him to compose his thoughts – after all we had all the time in the world now.

Gosh, it felt great to say that...

"I ... I ... Can I ... CanIstayinyourroomtonight?" His words tumbled over one another as he finished the sentence in one breath and he looked down shyly, unable to meet my eyes. 

My eyebrows lifted when I deciphered the meaning of his sentence.

"I ... ... I'm afraid." He blushed as he lowered his head. "I'm afraid that this is only a dream, that in the morning you'll be acting as cold as you always did and pretend that nothing happened..." 

Arthit's insecurities ... ... disturbed me. I needed to show him how serious I was about this. But for now, I decided the easiest way to make him forget his fears, was to tease him.

"Arthit..." I almost purred. His eyes flew to my face when he heard the unnatural kind tone of my voice. They widened to their maximum circumference as I walked over to my bed and sprawled out lazily, propping myself up on one elbow. Pulling back a corner of my bedcover, I held out a hand to him, "Why don't you sleep with me tonight?" There was a subtle teasing smile on my lips and my voice had deepened in invitation. Although my IQ is about 200, I am still a man after all and my hormones responded accordingly at the naughty thought.

Immediately, Arthit blushed bright red as he jumped up to his feet and started backing away from me. "T-that's not what I meant!" He was shaking his head furiously and waving his hands frantically in the air. 

With a sigh (though I was secretly extremely amused by his blushing reaction), I got to my feet and resumed my original sitting position on the floor, waiting for him to calm down.

❤︎

Arthit's POV

When I finally stopped shaking my head, I realized that Kongpob was sitting on the floor again, waiting patiently for me to sit down and resume our conversation. I gulped as I recalled how damn sexy he had looked holding one hand out to me with his long lanky body stretched out lazily on the covers, the sly invitation that was obvious in his eyes and the half-smile on his lips. It must really be a sin to look THAT good. 

My face burned and I carefully avoided his gaze as I sat down again. I quickly shook my head mentally, trying to get the unsettling image out of my mind. 'Concentrate, Arthit!' I chided myself, bringing my mind back to the question on hand and immediately sobered when I succeeded. I was afraid of the answer yet this was something that I had to know.

"Kongpob Suthiluck, d-do you really want to marry me?"

There was the slightest pause, and then, "yes." 

I lifted my head and met his gaze bravely, trying to decipher the enigmatic expression on his face. 

"Why are you so unsure?" He asked me as he frowned slightly in apparent puzzlement.