Is this a dream or are we really together now?

❤︎

Is this a dream or are we really together now?

Part 48

Arthit's POV

I was almost running beside Kongpob Suthiluck as he headed for home, taking swift determined strides with his ridiculously long legs. However, he was holding my hand the entire time and I did not dare to ask him to slow down for fear that I would wake up, only to find that everything was a dream. 

When we reached the gates to the house, I was winded, but even before I could catch my breath, Kongpob Suthiluck pulled me through the door and headed for the dining room. Damn, why is he in such a hurry?

"What do you mean you are moving out?" Mrs Suthiluck sounded really upset with my father. Uhuh, my Dad must have told them about us moving out.

"You know you're extremely welcome to stay with us," Mr Suthiluck was trying to persuade my dad to stay.

Just then, we both burst into the dining room. Everyone's eyes widened as they turned to us.

"OMG! Why are you both dripping wet? You'll catch a cold." Mrs Suthiluck chided. However, Kongpob Suthiluck totally ignored her and pulled me along until we were both standing in front of my Dad who had yet to recover from the shock of our soaked appearance.

"Why... why don't you both go and change out of those wet clothes?" Dad commented slowly. 

However, Kongpob Suthiluck did not budge. I turned to him, wondering why he had such an exceptionally serious expression on his face. "Mr Rojnapat, would you please give me Arthit's hand in marriage?" 

I froze in shock as my jaw dropped. Everyone stared at Kongpob Suthiluck and the silence in the room was palpable. Daniel dropped the bag of chips he was holding and stared at us wide-eyed, before a bright somewhat satisfied grin spread on his face and he gave me, surprisingly, an encouraging wink that seemed to say 'I knew this was going to happen'. What did that little devil know that I didn't?

"Kongpob are you serious?" My dad and Mr Suthiluck finally got over their state of paralysis and asked almost simultaneously, disbelief obvious on their faces.

"A-are you joking, Kongpob?" Mrs Suthiluck whispered slowly, already shedding happy tears.

"Yes, I'm serious." Kongpob responded with firm confidence, squeezing my hand in his.

I had to bite my lips to stop them from trembling when I heard his quiet but firm tone. "I have finally realized that the only person I wish to marry is Arthit... Of course not now. I would like to wait until we've graduated from university and I've turned Dad's business around, before we get married. However, no matter what happens, I will only want Arthit in my life." 

I told myself that I had to be dreaming. Yet, if dreams were always so wonderful, then I pray that I would never wake up, ever.

"Kongpob, a-are you sure?" My dad had to dampen my spirits a little by asking Kongpob Suthiluck again. Dad, haven't you got a little bit more faith in me? "You know what you are in for, don't you?" He continued slowly, oblivious to the frown that was starting to appear on my face. "Arthit is quite reckless, none too intelligent. Geez, he can't even cook! You know that he will never do anything correctly."

"I know." Kongpob responded calmly, nodding.

I suddenly felt like boxing Kongpob Suthiluck's ears when he calmly agreed with every horrible thing that my dad was saying about me. Thanks dad.