Tutoring

❤︎

Tutoring

Part 9

Arthit's POV

"Wow, this is delicious," Auntie commented as she sampled the tender beef slices fried in black bean sauce with bamboo shoots. Apparently, her mother was not critically ill and luckily felt better by the next day, so she and Daniel returned home just as Kongpob and I were starting to have lunch. That's when she tasted the soup, teriyaki chicken and tofu dish.

"Yummm~~ You're a great cook Arthit!" 

I flushed bright red at the unjustified praise.

"Auntie...er... umm...actually Kongpob was the one who prepared the meal." I stuttered.

Immediately, Daniel bent forward and tried each dish — he had refused to try any just now when he was under the impression that I had cooked lunch. What a brat.

"Yeah big brother, this is good." He commented excitedly.

"Arthit, thank you so much..." began Auntie, looking teary-eyed all of a sudden.

"Mum! Why on earth are you thanking Arthit? Don't you know that big brother prepared the meal for us?" Daniel exclaimed with shock.

"Well, Arthit, Kongpob has never cooked for us before. You are the only one that has been able to make him cook."

O_O

...

Wut...?

"...Is that true?" My eyes widened as I stared at Kongpob Suthiluck.

❤︎

Kongpob's POV

"That's true," I nodded slowly. Come to think of it, our mum has always been preparing our meals. If Arthit had not proven himself to be so bad at it, I would have never learnt to cook. 

In a way, he has kinda 'helped' me to acquire another skill. Surprisingly, that baka had the power to unconsciously make me do something out of character...

I continued eating my meal, peacefully unaware of the surprised delight that was shining through Arthit's eyes at the thought of being so 'special' to me...

That baka...

Later, I was reading a book peacefully in my room when suddenly I heard a knock on my door. Getting up reluctantly, I went to answer it and saw Arthit looking anxiously at me. I groaned inwardly.

"Yes?"

"Could you teach me how to do this sum please?" I looked at the sum he was pointing at — goodness how is he going to pass his exams if he can't even do something as simple as that? 

I pulled out a pencil and completed it in 5 seconds, passing the book back to him and shutting the door amidst his expressions of gratitude. 

After around 10 minutes, I heard a timid knock on my door again. I sighed and went to open the door. Why wasn't I surprised to see a pair of half fearful half-pleading brown eyes and a book held out to my face? 

I shook my head and whipped out my pencil, finishing the question within another 5 seconds.

❤︎

Arthit's POV

I showed May and Aya the answer and they both looked at me in some kind of awe.