Worry

❤︎

Worry

Part 12

Arthit's POV

"Arthit?"

"Yes Aunite?" I ran into the kitchen when I heard Mrs Suthiluck calling for me.

"Do you know what day is next Monday?" She whispered mysteriously to me and gave me a sly look. Duh?! Next Monday? I scratched my head. Hmmm...Was it anyone's birthday?

"Er..."

"Now now don't be shy..." 

Shy?! I was more puzzled than ever...Hang on it's...

"Valentine's day!" I gasped, my eyes going wide.

"So what do you plan to give Kongpob?" She asked me with a wink.

I started blushing, stuttering and stammering. Goodness, how obvious have I been? Why does the entire world know how I feel about Kongpob Suthiluck? It is really embarrassing especially seeing that he does not return my feelings in any way.

"I ...Umm...er..."

"You should make him some chocolates!" She cut in, too impatient to wait for my reply. "That's what a lover should do for his boyfriend. Handmade chocolates!"

"But Auntie, I'm not his..."

"Come, look at this recipe book I bought the other day, it's got recipes of all types of chocolates," she gave me a smug smile as I surrendered. Obviously, Auntie only heard what she wanted to. There was no use my protesting, I might as well save my breath. Furthermore, I must confess that I wanted to give Kongpob Suthiluck something... I could just imagine him smiling at me lovingly as he took the chocolates.

"Is that for me Arthit? Thank you so much! I love them!" Then he would bend down and give me a kiss on my cheek... I sighed dreamily... If only life was as kind, loving and wonderful as my daydreams. 

Anyway, I sat down with Mrs Suthiluck as she pointed out all the mouth-watering looking chocolates and told me what she thought Kongpob Suthiluck would like. I was taking mental notes as she rattled on and on.

"Let's have a trial now!" My eyes opened wide as Auntie opened her cupboard and I saw blocks and blocks of bitter concentrated blocks of chocolate in the raw form and bottles of milk. Also, there were several different types of fillings — cherries, coconut flakes, walnuts, almonds and a large variety of other nuts. I rolled up my sleeves as we each took a block and started grating it, getting ready to melt it with sugar, milk and other ingredients as stated in the book. In a way, I'm glad Auntie bought so much. There was more than enough for retries in case I fuck this up as usual...

"You know, I don't want Kongpob to go to SK University."

I almost grated my hand by mistake when the shocking words came out of Mrs Suthiluck's mouth.

"AUNTIE?"

"All SK University students are too focused on their studies, complete bookworms," she sniffed. "I would rather Kongpob get a job or become an apprentice and learn a useful skill. Look at your friend Max! Now that's a real man." After a while, my mouth started to feel dry and that was when I realized that my jaw was still hanging open. Auntie was really...unique... Well, that particular conversation got nowhere because the pan of chocolate that I had left on the stove started smoking and we both rushed to salvage what we could of the mess and the pan.

I looked at the prettily decorated gift box and couldn't resist lifting up the lid again. There, each in its own little translucent wrapper, lay 12 homemade chocolates of all different flavors  — milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate coated almonds, walnuts, Brazil nuts, chocolates coated with coconut flakes. Even though some of them were slightly misshapen, I had selected the best 12 out of probably 200 we had made? And all 12 were made by me and myself alone, although supervised by Mrs Suthiluck.