Farewell

❤︎

Farewell

Part 13

Kongpob's POV

If anyone told me that I would be sitting in a chair next to Arthit, gazing at his sleeping profile and feeling the concern fill my heart, I would have laughed my head off and recommended that he get his head examined. Yet, this is precisely the situation that I am finding myself in. I sighed to myself... Well someone up there has a great sense of humor.

"How is he, doctor?" I recalled asking the doctor a trifle anxiously when they wheeled him out of the emergency ward.

"It's appendicitis, however, it's not that serious and he doesn't need an operation. We have given him some painkillers to alleviate the pain, and he will be fine now." 

I looked at the clock — I could still make it to the exam in spite of the delay if I caught a cab and rushed. However, I really didn't want to take the exam and decided to stay with Arthit this time. I continued to sit by the bedside, looking at Arthit's calm face. He had such pale skin with puffy cheeks and very plump lips that made him look like a cute chipmunk whenever he ate with us. I had begun to stare at him during breakfast and dinner when he wasn't looking and smiling to myself when he looked so damn cute again.

Aww...damnit.

After a while, he started to shift a little, finally waking up again.

"Kongpob Suthiluck..." I walked up to his bedside, thinking that he was awake. His face was a little flush and even paler than usual, but it was obvious that he was still out of this world.

"Kongpob Suthiluck, hurry up and go for your exam. Go for your exam... Quick go for your exam." He muttered as he moved his head rather restlessly. Even in his sleep, I was still in his foremost thoughts and he was still worried about me. 

I stood beside him silently, hearing him call out my name and asking me to go for the exam. For a moment, my iron resolve faltered. 

Should I really go? Yet...yet...

I didn't want to leave him alone.

❤︎

Arthit's POV

When I opened my eyes, I found Dad and Mrs Suthiluck staring anxiously at me.

"Dad, Auntie..." Strange, that weak groggy voice didn't sound like me at all. "Where am I? Why are you all here?"

"You had a bad stomach pain and Kongpob brought you to the hospital. He called us and we rushed here." Mrs Suthiluck explained gently.

"So he's gone for the exams already then?" I asked happily and felt a great sense of relief. I didn't mess up his university exam day after all.

"Yup, he wasn't around when we came in." Auntie replied with a smile and squeezed my hand gently, but just then, the door opened and three pairs of eyes widened simultaneously, followed by three jaws falling wide open. 

Kongpob was standing at the doorway holding a can of soda and looking quite unfazed.

"Kongpob what are you doing here?" Mrs Suthiluck actually forgot where she was and sufficiently raised her voice in an almost shriek.

"Kongpob, why aren't you at the exam?" My dad asked just as shocked. 

0_0

I couldn't say a single word and my eyes almost popped out of my sockets as I continued staring at him as if he were an apparition. Please let this be a bad dream...