The Lost Dog

❤︎

The Lost Dog

Part 23

Arthit's POV

"Arthit!" 

I turned around reluctantly when I heard the familiar voice call for me. This must be the first time that I am so unwilling to face Kongpob Suthiluck.

"What were your results..."

"Oh look, your mother is calling for us!" I quickly changed the subject, almost dashing into the dining room as dear Mrs Suthiluck called us for dinner at this moment. Kongpob Suthiluck followed leisurely behind me.

"What did you get?" The dark eyes were looking at me intently as he sat down in front of me. I shifted uneasily and transferred my gaze to my bowl of rice, staring at it as if I had never seen a more interesting object in my life. 

"Arthit..." 

Boy was he persistent. I couldn't hide my pathetic results any longer. Lifting pleading eyes to his expressionless face, I barely whispered, "38%..."

"I understand...so you only like me 38%..." His voice was quiet and he clearly looked disappointed.

"No, no!" My big eyes lifted up to his face, anxiety in my voice. "It's a 100%!" 

Then I flushed to the roots of my hair under his steady gaze, seemingly pouring into my very soul, and slowly bowed my head again.

After dinner, Auntie brought me to my newly decorated room. It was beautiful! The entire room was painted white and the fluffy carpet was a baby blue and peach colour. All the furniture was a mixture of white and peach. Other than a bed, cupboard, shelf and desk, the room had a blue sofa and there were many big cushions. I was left to explore the lovely room on my own. 

However, suddenly a thought came to me – what would happen if Kongpob was to marry someone else? I felt an acute pain in my heart, I would definitely have to leave this place then. A tear rolled down my cheek. Unlike Mrs Suthiluck, I am not deluded enough to entertain any false hopes of having a place in Kongpob Suthiluck's affections...

❤︎

All eyes were on me as I entered the University compound with Aya and May. I felt very uneasy and quickly looked down at my clothing – nothing appeared to be amiss. Apparently, it was not me being oversensitive and my friends noticed everyone staring at me as well. Turning, I caught Aya's suspicious look.

"...What did you do now, Arthit?"

"Me?" Incredulity was in my voice. "Nothing!"

"... ...oh!" Understanding was reflected in May's voice as he stared at something.

"What oh?" Both Aya and I turned to her. "Look!" 

We both turned and to my surprise, I saw a poster of me on the wall. We stepped forward to read the title, "Tennis Baka". It was the comic! As we walked to class, I noticed that the poster was hanging all around university! Ugh...why did they call me baka in it!?? That's so...rude, even if it was for a comic book!

And only Kongpob called me "baka"...

But now everyone at the university could! :(

"Hey Arthit!" I turned to see Max who was running up to us excitedly. "I've got lots of these posters!" He beamed as he showed me about six or seven rolled-up posters against his chest.