Daniel's Accident

❤︎

Daniel's Accident

Part 30

Arthit's POV

I was pacing up and down in front of the operating room. My forehead drenched in cold sweat as the frightening events of the past hour rang through my head. Daniel in pain, the ambulance arriving, how the paramedics trooped in and with a few practiced movements transferred Daniel to the stretcher and then, the quiet ride to the hospital when I held onto Daniel's small hand the entire way.

"...He needs an operation..." 

I recalled staring helplessly at the doctor who was waiting for my answer. Then Kongpob Suthiluck's face came to mind.

"I'll be depending on you, Arthit." 

I took in a deep breath then and nodded to the doctor. The next thing I remember, I was following the hospital bed and squeezing Daniel's hand before the nurses stopped me at the door of the operating room. 

I paced around frantically again as the minutes ticked past. Was this the correct decision? Kongpob Suthiluck where on earth are you? I agonized as time crept by and Daniel was still in the operating room.

Suddenly, I heard rapid footsteps approaching me. Turning my head, I felt overwhelmed by immense relief as I saw Kongpob Suthiluck walking towards me with firm swift strides.

"He's still in there?" He gestured towards the operating room as I nodded, tears gathering in my eyes. At this moment, the door opened and a surgeon walked out.

"How is he?" Both Kongpob Suthiluck and I dashed up to him.

"The operation was a success. He's fine and we'll be moving him to Ward 65 to recuperate." 

At his words, I felt every single muscle in my body relax. I didn't realize how tensed I was until this very moment. He smiled rather tiredly as we both thanked him and then left to attend another patient. As he walked away, I felt myself starting to shake and tears flow down my cheeks – obvious reaction from the stress.

"Excuse me, Kongpob..." I tried to smile casually at Kongpob Suthiluck before fleeing from him.

❤︎

Kongpob's POV

I sighed in relief after I heard the doctor announcing that Daniel was fine. At first, I was pretty worried at having to leave Arthit in charge, however, I knew that despite his clumsiness, he would do his very best for Daniel. 

Before I could even thank him, he suddenly excused herself and walked away – no make that sprinted down the corridor. Sensing something amiss, I quickly followed him.

As I turned the corner, I found him leaning his face against the wall, his slender frame shaking with uncontrollable sobs. A strange feeling of remorse came over me for putting him through so much strain and fear. 

Without a second thought, I walked towards him and slid my arms around him, giving him a very light hug.

"Thank you, Arthit." 

He turned and hugged me tightly, burying his head into my shoulder as he cried his heart out in my arms. 

We stood like that for long moments as I held him gently and let him release his pent up emotions against my chest...

❤︎

Arthit's POV

"Would you like some cake, Daniel?"