Flower Petals

s u m m a r y — taehyung loves jungkook, and jungkook loves jimin. Leading taehyung to have a rare disease called, hanahaki.

" i swear im going to ask him out." jungkook blushed as he saw jimin walked infront of them.

" yea, wish you luck." taehyung said while patting his back, he didnt know but he found the olders attitude kind of weird. Is there a problem?

" Im going to go to the nearest coffee shop. bye. " taehyung waved at him.

His smile faltered, if only the younger loved him also, he wouldnt be a crying frailed boy who have this rare disease. But it was his fault for falling inlove by his features. It was never jungkooks.

He went to the hospital, ofcourse he lied. He always do.

He lied about being okay, he lied about being fine, he lied about going to a walk, he lied about going to the near coffee shop. He lied, so that he wouldnt worry jungkook, and give him the best life without him.

" t-taehyung, this aint normal any more. The flowers will grow out of your mouth. Taehyung, you will die if he didnt take a chance to love you back." seokjin, his doctor said as he smiled.

Hanahaki Disease —  where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left ...

" its okay, i have known it since the start, im never going to experience his love, his touch. Everything that Jimin deserves, and i dont. "

" why cant you just find another man?"

" my heart has been connected with his from the very first day he was born, hes just too blind to find it. But its okay. "

seokjin smiled sadly at taehyung, the boy has been fighting with this rare disease 2 years ago until now, he may have died if jungkook wont love him back.

" Y-you only have 2 months taehyung, if jungkook never does t-then im sorry we cant do anything with our machine and tools. You can die tae." taehyung just nodded and closed his eyes. Not noticing the sad eyes of the young boy, who followed him in the hospital.

— t i m e s k i p ⇄ n e x t d a y

" are you okay hyung? " jungkook asked, not letting his tears drop. Taehyung is very skinny, the flowers inside him is growing. He cant do anything about that but just accept the fact that jungkook will never love him, and he will die sooner or later.

" im fine. " taehyung said, still having the guts to smile when he is in so much pain.

" you're not."
" i said im fine."
" no hyung, you. are. not. fine."
" I SAID IM FINE. WHY CANT YOU JUST LET IT BE? ITS NOT LIKE YOU CARE ABOUT ME ANYMORE, LEAVE ME ALINE AND STICK TO JIMIN. I NEVER WANTED TO SEE YOUR FACE EVER AGAIN, IT MAKES ME FALL INLOVE WITH YOU MORE AND THE DISEASE KEEPS GETTING RISKIER!" taehyung pushed jungkook down, not caring if he was crying and not caring if he confessed the feelings out.

"  i care about you! "

" you dont! just let me die in peace. "

" fine, just die. " jungkook said, out of his mind making taehyung sob and ran away from him.

jungkook fell into his knees, hes tired. How did he kept this a secret for a long time? and his words, how dare he to say it to the older whom he love so much.

He ran to taehyungs house, kicking the door open. He doesnt care, he needs to save him.

He ran to the olders room to open the bathroom door. Locked.

He kicked it open again but it wont budge.

" LEAVE ME ALONE JUNG-." he then heard taehyung starting to throw up, the petals.

He pushed and kicked the door one last time. taehyung was pulling the flower out of his lungs. The flower is connected to the heart. If he ever tried to pull it out, he will die.

He held taehyung in hisnhands, hugged him like his life depended on him, well it does.

He pulled away only to see taehyungs mouth pooling in blood, he didnt care. He kissed him, his soft lips that he has been wanting to kiss, but got blind for another man who doesnt even showed a sign of loving him back.

They kissed for a solid 2 minutes, not caring about anything. But taehyungs delicate life.

He pulled away and caressed taehyungs soft face.  " You are the best thing that happened to my life, and it sucks that i am so much of a jerk to ignore it, i love you so much."

there he was, kneeling down infront of taehyung. The petals have already vanished, and so is the flower on his heart.

" i love you too. "