S I X T Y - T H R E E

(Repeat Carry Me Home By Jorja Smith)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Thursday
December 17, 2016

"He really just told you that you can't talk to her?" Lisa asks after I've explained it all. We're all in their living room, I'm on the laying my head on Grayson who has his arm around me. Cams also on the couch comforting me while Ethan went upstairs to look for is old phone so I can sign into my iCloud and use that one for the time being.

"It's the way he said it. He got so mad at me and all I wanted to do was not have to lie to him anymore. I wanted to tell him and he forbade me from talking to her or coming here." I can't believe he said I can't go to the race after how far I've gotten. "Do you want us to try and talk to him?" I shake my head frantically.

"No, you guys have already done enough for me, really. I'm so sorry that I scared you guys like that I just- I felt like I couldn't even breathe right-"

"You don't have to apologize or explain yourself Z, we are always here. You did the right thing leaving." Cam cuts me off rubbing my back, her head laying in my shoulder sympathetically. "Where does he think you are right now?" Grayson asks.

"Probably in my room, he's going to come here I know he will. I worked so hard for this race and he's saying I can't go because I talked to my mom. I mean I was still going to go but he's probably calling to cancel my flight as we speak." Lisa and Sean just look at me sympathetically. I drop my head looking down as soon as I feel my tears start to build up once again.

"It's not a seven like your phone but I found my old six plus." Ethan comes up to me handing me the phone before sitting next to Grayson on the couch. I take the phone and slowly look up, looking off to the side, I can't look at them while I cry. "Thank you, for the phone." I manage to get out without my voice quivering.

"No, no this isn't right you were so happy about that race. You have to go." Grayson says comforting me, I can't go. "I can't Grayson, he's just going to cancel the flight. Even if he doesn't I have no money once I get to New York. I have to just let it go."

"No you don't, I'll pay. I'm paying for it." He can't seriously think that I'm going to let him do that.

"Grayson no, I know you want to help but you can't do that, tell him he can't do that." I look at Lisa and Sean, they have to tell him he can't do this. He looks at them waiting for them to speak on this. Lisa and Sean just look at one another. "Actually Z I think if he doesn't we will, like you said you worked too hard for this. Your dad is just reacting out of anger. It'd be wrong for him to take this from you." Lisa says, I know they're going to end up paying. It's just what they do.

I turn my head looking at Ethan who gives me a little nod and then at Grayson who looks at me with pleading eyes. "Z you have to go, I know it sounds selfish but, I was kind of relying on you to carry this race. I know it's crazy to say but I'm not that fast." Cam admits making me laugh a little. I love her, I do.

"You have to let me pay Z, Ethan and I make more than enough money for me to pay for this." I know he's right, but it's his money. He worked for that. "Okay." I answer lowly seeing all of them start to smile.

"Yes! I know this won't fix you and your dad's problem, but you can use this time to get away. And maybe bring us a win." Grayson says smiling. "I'm paying you back though, this is going to be a lot of money Gray." He just shrugs, it's probably not a lot to him. "I'm not letting you pay me back, not when I can just make it back next week. You just worry about winning that race." He smiles, I wish I could smile with him but all I can think about is everything that went down. "Thank you." Is all that comes out making him nod.