T W E N T Y - T W O

(Repeat While We're Young By Jhené Aiko)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Saturday
October 10, 2016

"Boys be careful, you almost took me out." Lisa says when she walks past Ethan and Grayson as they throw their football. The pool party is at my house this time since it was at the Dolans last time. "Sorry mom." Ethan apologizes.

Our dads are at the grill while Lisa is sitting at the patio table with an umbrella over it. Cam, Julissa, and I just lie by the pool in the pool chairs. Cam is stuck in her phone while I'm just enjoying the scenery, listening to the music.

"Your disgusting you know." Cam says to Julissa who's clearly checking Ethan and Grayson out. Her shades aren't doing her any justice. "Hey I'm just looking, don't act like you're not totally checking Jackson out. Doesn't he have a girlfriend?" Julissa asks, I shake my head to myself. Cam will never let him go. "You're both hopeless, never waste your time on boys ladies." The irony of me saying that, I've been stealing glances at Grayson since they got here.

He's definitely been working out, he's been watching me too. I can tell.

"Not all of us can be perfect like you Zhavia, some of us just can't help it." Julissa says still staring at Grayson. He looks over and her, looking her up and down before smirking and looking away. "I don't know how much longer I can take this." She sits up in her chair making me laugh at her.

"I don't see how his attitude doesn't turn you off. He's an ass."
"Didn't you kiss him?" Cam asks shutting me down. "Weren't you stalking a guy with a girlfriend?" I snap back at her, she puts her hands up in defense.

"You boys think you can handle the grill?" Julissa dad asks the twins. They just shrug, he is making a mistake. "Good we're going inside to watch football. You coming?" Sean asks looking at Lisa who nods. "I guess they won't fall apart without us." She says looking at all of us. "My money's on LSU." My dad says proudly as they all start to go inside.

"Now the real fun can begin." Julissa smirks taking her sun glasses off, what does she mean by that? She walks over to our hot tub instead of the pool and gets in, Grayson is watching her every move. "I guess I'll be the only one to get
In the water, I mean it is a pool party." Shes loud enough so that the twins will hear her.

"You're right, I'm in." Grayson drops the football, and makes his way over to the hot tub, and gets in with her making her smile. "I cannot watch this, I'm going inside too." Cam closes her phone and gets up from her chair. "What? No, you can't leave me alone with this." She looks around before speaking up. "Sorry, but watching her flirt with my brothers is weird, you're free to join me." She says starting towards the door.

"But I wanna be outside." She shrugs opening my back door and going inside. I walk over to the hot tub, not getting in, but doing something else. "You know this makes her uncomfortable, both of you do." I say looking at them back and forth. "We're not doing anything." Julissa shrugs. "Calm down Z, not everyone is interested in playing by my sisters rules." He says making me roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I walk away from the hot tub and go over to where Ethan is. "They ran Cam away and now I'm alone. Can you believe this?" He starts to laugh, and for what? "You're jealous, I swear I can almost see the steam coming out of your ears."

"You're not funny, I'm not jealous." I'm not, I'm just annoyed. "Whatever you say. Nice suit by the way." I pose feeling myself. "I know right, I bought it last year and never had anything to where it to." He takes my hand and spins me around confusing me. "So where's the rest of it?" He thinks he's so funny I push him and he looks at the pool, and then back at me.

"Wait, Ethan I'm sorry don't-" I apologize in fear that he might push me in. The only thing I can do is run, but that was stupid. He catches me picking me up. "Ethan! Please don't my hair-" He jumps in while holding me, well there goes my hair. I resurface and wipe my face to see him giggling. "You asshole that slick bun took forever." He swims over to me and takes the ponytail holder out of my hair letting it fall down on to my shoulders.

"It's fine, you look cute." He smiles putting my ponytail holder on his wrist. I look at him squinting my eyes. "I'm going to shave your head in your sleep." From that I get splashed in the face by him. He's dead. "Calm down, have a little fun." He laugh tucking some of my wet hair behind my ear. I look behind him seeing Grayson stare at us. "Graysons staring, he looks pissed. I think you're in trouble." He turns around looking at Grayson before turning back around.

"Who cares, he's jealous."
"I don't see why, he's been all over her all day. I know what you're thinking. I don't care, he just keeps giving me mixed signals." I shrug, does he like Julissa or not? "Says the queen of mixed signals." He says swimming past me towards the steps of the pool while I follow.

"What can I say? I like to keep you on your toes." I say getting out of the pool after him. He hands me a towel from the towel rack. "Funny coming from someone who claims to hate that feeling." I scoff, he walks over to the grill checking on the food. I notice Grayson has gotten out of the hot tub, leaving Julissa alone. He makes way over to the towel rack where I am.

"Flirting with my brother to get my attention I see." I roll my eyes, bold of him to assume.

"Maybe I'm flirting with him because I like him. Did that cross your narcissistic rotten brain?" I ask sweetly. "You don't have to compete for my attention Z, you already have it. Always will." He says looking me up and down. "I think Julissa is waiting on you to bring her a towel." I ignore what he just said. He turns back looking at her. "Try not to miss me." He smiles grabbing a towel and walking back to the hot tub.

Something good better come out of this pool party.

Let's hope the steak is cooked.