F O U R T E E N

(Repeat I'm Not Ok By H.E.R.)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Monday
September 13, 2016

They dated all the way until she had to leave, and Cam hated it. She didn't talk to Julissa for a while over it. To her, it was betrayal in her eyes. She was pissed Julissa didn't tell her, and that they were hooking up while we were asleep.

"I'm sure she's grown up a bit. She's probably a whole new-" I'm cut off by the silence of the whole hallway. "Grayson?!" I turn to see who I'm assuming is Julissa now coming in through the doors of the school and running up Grayson and hugging him. "Your right, perhaps she has grown up a bit.." Oliva says while I just watch in shock. "Julissa, oh my god!" He exclaims picking her up.

__

"I wonder if they'll take the house back. It's not like anyone was renting it." My dad has been talking about Julissa all since I got home. He saw her dad across the street today when he got home from work today. He, her dad and Sean were all so close. "Dad we don't even know if she's staying. I didn't even get to talk to her at school today." She and I have no classes together, I'm hoping she will be put on the track team. She is the only person I know who's as good as me. 

"I hope they stay, it'd be nice of them to be back here. I couldn't imagine being put in there position Angelo was. Wife gone, and daughter almost taken away-"
"I don't think we should touch that topic-"
"I want you to know Z, if you ever feel like you reach a place Julissa did. You can talk to me." When it happed my dad was so upset. He kept thinking, that could have easily been me. Honestly I thought that too. That's when I told myself I would never give my mom that much power.

I'm going to focus on Stanford. "I'd never give that woman the power to do something like that." My shoulders shrug. "She's still your mom." I should tell him about the call. I know I should. The door bell rings when I'm about to speak up. "Can you get that?" I nod getting up and going to the door. When I open the door I'm shocked to see Julissa. I close the door behind me when I step out.

We just stand the staring at one another. "I guess I should say hi-" She's cut off by me pulling her into a hug. She pulls me into her suffocating me. "I missed so fucking much." She says when we both pull away. "Why didn't you come to me at school?" I ask confused.

"I tried, but you look, so different. You look amazing." I shake my head. "That is all you."
"Well the place I was at had a kind of strict diet." She notices that my smile drops. Remembering why she left, or the last time I saw her. "I'm sorry, I really am."
"You defiantly should, the last image we had of you was being loaded into an ambulance. We all thought you had it under control."
"I didn't want to be a burden. Then that turned into well, you saw. I was out getting better though, I couldn't have a phone no nothing. The only people I talked to were peers in there, doctors, nurses, and my dad. As soon as I figured out I was getting out I told my dad we had to come back here. I had no phone. Still don't." I nod taking everything in, I'm glad she's okay now.

"This is great I'm glad you're back I really am." She smiles happily, her happiness is always contagious. "Oh, also we need to talk, Grayson." She says making me turn my head confused. "Um Grayson? W-what does he hate to do with..."

"I mean do I have any competition, he's completely hot there must be someone I have to look out for. The better question is does he have his eye on anyone? Girlfriend? Exes? Tell me." She says making me feel relived. I thought for a moment she knew about our kiss- Wait our kiss-

"Uh no, I mean he's a ladies man but they come and ho- go. I mean go, yeah, yeah no he's single. He doesn't have feelings for anyone." Honestly it's the truth she nods happily. "That's great, I want to see if we have a chance. I never stopped thinking about him. I mean have you seen him-"
"It's kind of hard to miss yeah." I say scratching the back of my neck.

"Ethan too, they were cute before but now they're something else. I don't know how you did it while I was gone?" She jokes. "Lots of practice." I reply. "I'll see you tomorrow, I get a phone in two days, so stay tuned." She starts to step away from my house. "And will." She starts walking away and we wave goodbye before I opening my door stepping back inside.

I walk in seeing my dad at the sink. "Perfect, you're back. Finish these dishes for me?" He asks as though I have a choice. "With joy sir." I say sarcastically. He laughs at me was he leaves the kitchen. I start putting the dishes in the dishwasher, almost done when there's a knock at the door. It's probably Julissa again. I press pause on doing the dishes and open the front door.

It's Grayson... "Can we talk?" He asks I step out my house once again stepping outside. "Go."

"Julissa's back." He says smiling, I nod, I hope didn't walk all the way here to tell me something I always knew. "I know, it's amazing." I mean it, we just stand there both knowing how awkward this is. "It's like time stood still for her, she wants to fall back in place here..." I hope the isn't the talk I think it is.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to tell her we kissed. I know what her being back means." I nod, he has nothing to worry about. "It felt like we were getting somewhere though-"
"I'm going to stop you, there is no where for us to go. There is no us and never will be. She's back, if you get to know her and you still like her, date her. You don't owe me anything."
"And if I don't still like her...?" He asks seriously, what he's implying scares me. I know what he's hinting at.

"You have a good night Grayson."