T H I R T Y - S E V E N

(Repeat Something In The Way By Jorja Smith)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Tuesday
October 20, 2016

As soon as I leave his room I'm met with Cameron coming up the stairs, thank god. Her eyes widen at the sight of me. "You here for Ethan or Grayson?" She asks confused. "You actually, I wanna talk-"

"We wanna talk." Julissa interrupts walking out of Ethan's room. "Oh, okay we can go to my room, if that's cool with you two?" Julissa and I nod and Cameron walks us her room opening the door. She takes a seat in her desk chair, and Julissa and I take a seat on her couch, in front of her.

"Uh before you guys say anything you should know I'm sorry, for what I said about..."

"It's fine, you were just pissed." Julissa finished for her and I nod in agreement, it still doesn't make it right. I guess I'll let it go though. "I hate having either of you not talking to me. Let alone both of you at the same time I was wrong and I'm sorry. However..." I know she is not about to-

"Cam, before you say what I know you're about to I want, need you to know that no matter what happens with me or your brother, you're still my bestfriend. Both of you are, I can't promise you that he and I will be forever. However I can promise that it won't change our friendship I won't let it." She nods her head thinking, what if my reassurance isn't enough?

"I want to believe you Z, but it's deeper than that. I know you think I lied and manipulated you to stay away from my brothers but it's not good for them. They both like you Z, I don't want to see you or them get hurt I was protecting you-"

"Thank you Cam, but I don't want your protection. I get that you mean well, but I can take care of myself. Plus I've talked to Ethan we are good. There is nothing to worry about." Plus side for her, Grayson and I are probably done. He said he's in love with her...

"You sure?" She asks, I nod trying to convince her. My focus right now is getting my friend back and making sure that she's ok. "See, now we're back! New rule, no guy talk unless it's absolutely needed. Seems like that will be a sensitive topic for a minute." Julissa says making us laugh. "Does that rule have to apply to me? Because I really need to talk about Jackson..." Cam says quietly, I totally forgot about him and her.

"Are you kidding me? Of course you're going to talk about him. We need to catch the hell up and I say we have a girls night asap." They look at me nodding agreeing with me, what I need is my girls right now. "Who's hosting because it's always me and the energy with you guys and my brothers will take some getting used to." That's understandable I don't want to throw it in her face. However Tiffany, my dads 'girlfriend' is supposed to be staying the weekend and i'd like not to be there.

I don't have anything against her really it's just, a story for another day. "On that note I will host, it's been years since you guys have been in my house so we will spend the night at my place. If that's cool with you guys?" We rarely stayed the night as Julissa's place as kids. Like I'm talking I can count the times we stayed the night at her house and it was only like twice, maybe three times max.

"Um, like for real? I mean I'm down it's just.. you know..." Cam says making my burst out into laughter, glad to see I'm not the only one who's thrown off by this. "What's so funny? I can host just as good as you two do. Come on, this is perfect I can put the girl cave to use." Cam and I's eyebrows raise at mention of the girl cave. It was something we always talked about when we were younger.

None of us ever made it happened though. We just liked to fantasize about getting our own apartments and making it happen.

"Girl cave? You made it a reality?!" Cam shouts excitedly, taking the works out of my mouth.

"How? Why didn't you say something?" I ask wanting to know all about this. I bet I looks amazing. "Well I wasn't done decorating. My dad let me turn the basement into one as a 'I'm sorry/congratulations for making it out of rehab' so I'll finish before Friday and you guys will see the reveal." The excitement in her tone is alive.

"Oh hell yeah, this will be amazing." Cam shrugs smiling. I'm glad our talk went well, I don't know what I would have done if I had to deal with Cam not wanting to be friends and Grayson saying what he said. "And will, I'm glad we're all cool again, but I do have to help Ethan with chem." Julissa says sounding disappointed making me laugh.

"I know that feeling... I have to do some homework a well though, so on that note I see you two later." I sigh standing up, Julissa does too. Cameron nods, understanding we have things to do. "See you later. Close my door on the way out please." I do as she asks, me and Julissa make it to the hallway.

I'm about to precede to go downstairs but Julissa stops me. "Hey, look I wasn't eaves dropping or anything, but talk to Grayson. He just said the wrong thing. If anyone knows there's nothing there, it'd be me." Her voice dripping in sympathy. She herd? Great, probably means Ethan herd too.

"You listened in on my conversation?" I don't mean to but I sound irritated which I am. That was a private conversation. "I wasn't trying to. I was using the bathroom and you guys weren't all that quiet. Look, all I'm saying is don't let a good thing go away. He has a big heart-"

"You don't think I know that? He's my boyfriend J."

"Then act like it. Don't be so dramatic when things happen. If you want to be with him deal with it. Talk about it, not run away." She is being completely insensitive, I'm sure this is so easy to her considering... "Did you really just call him saying he's in love with you a 'thing that happens' I'm sorry that I didn't react better to him telling me he's in love with his ex. That's you by the way." She just scoffs.

"Why are you saying it like that?" She asks getting defensive, and for what? "Saying it like what? Like you two dated in the fucking eighth grade and can't seem to let it go? For gods sake you were thirteen and barley fourteen when it ended."

"You know what, I don't know why I expect you to understand. You can be really cold and really fucking heartless you know?" She asks shaking her head. "Wow, because I'm rational?"

"No, because you're being insensitive towards my feelings and his. You have no idea what I put him through. This situation is a bit more complex than a middle school relationship. He cared about me and he cares about you." She says becoming irritated with me. I just don't say anything, thinking. I guess she takes my silence as a response. She shrugs before speaking up again.

"He's been hurt enough, don't add to it."