F I F T Y - S I X

Zhavia's Point Of View

Saturday
November 22, 2016

"Honestly you should just let us hook you up with our boy Dallas here." Xander jokes looking at me as we walk through the mall. His arm is around Cam while Preston and Julissa hold hands. This time they invited Dallas, aka the third guy in the car with them from the night we met.

They have been trying to convince me to dump Grayson and get with Dallas since they all got together. They just want all of us to hang out as couples which is idealistic I can admit, but I don't think Dallas likes me and I can't see myself with anyone other than Grayson. They're just teasing him because he's still single.

"Yeah then it wouldn't be so awkward when all of us are on a date and you two aren't." Preston adds to the joke. I just playfully roll my eyes. "Its not awkward Dallas and I are used to it at this point."

"Yeah the only ones who's making it awkward are you four. I'm still not over Lindsey and Zhavia's with Grayson. You know, your girlfriend's brother." Dallas says looking at Xander. "Barely..." Julissa speaks up taking her strawberry blow pop out of her mouth. I'm assuming she means I'm barely with Grayson...

"Barely?" Dallas asks looking at me.

"Trouble in paradise already?" Xander adds in. "Guys, come on.." Preston tries to get them to chill out. He's kind of like the dad of their group. He and Julissa are alike in that way. "They're fine they're just joking." I shrug.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I don't wanna be rude." Dallas says looking at me, he's nice but it's not that big of a deal.

"No, no you're fine. Grayson and I aren't really talking right now that's all." His mouth makes and 'oh'

"I know how you feel, Lindsey and I went through that same thing all the time. Hopefully you guys have it better than she and I did." He never goes into detail about what happened to them. Just that he had to break up with her.

Then again it's really none of my business. "Who's down for some Shell Shack?" Xander speaks up as we're leaving the mall, a couple blocks down there's a seafood bar. "I'm so down I've been craving it. You in the mood for seafood?" Preston turns to Julissa making sure shes okay with eating there.

"Always, I'm paying this time though." Julissa agrees, they are so cute. Same with Cam and Xander. I can't help but smile looking between them. "Wait we can't Z is allergic." Cam says making everyone look at me. I am, but they all want to go there they should go there.

"Sorry Z I didn't-" Xander apologizes to me but for what? "No don't, you guys go ahead, I'll be fine. I'll just walk over to the fro-yo shop on fifth Avenue."

"No it's fine we can just go get pizza or something."She speaks up, I know Julissa just doesn't want me to feel left out but I'll be fine.

"I'll go with Zhavia, I don't really like seafood anyways." Dallas shrugs earning a joking 'oooh' from Preston and Xander. "You guys are so childish. We'll meet back up with you guys in an hour?" I ask, they all nod, before walking the direction of the Shell Shack leaving Dallas and I alone.

"I'm sorry that they keep doing that." What is he even apologizing for? I know they're just joking. "Don't be, they're just joking around." I put my hands in my pockets, keeping them warm. A comfortable silence falls over us as we start walking. I definitely should speak up and start a conversation.

"So, will I ever learn about Lindsey? Who broke who's heart?" I look up at him and he just gives a little half smile. Maybe it means he'll tell me... "She uh, she's something. She and I are- were, toxic, and I knew that, she knew that yet at the same time when we were together it was so... intoxicating." He stares down at the ground smiling as we walk.