F I F T Y - N I N E

Zhavia's Point Of View
T

uesday
November 24, 2016

It's already eight? It feels so early, I know I said that I need to get more practice in but I didn't even go to sleep last night until three in the morning.

I had so much homework to do not to mention studying. My dad really expects me to get a job right now? He's insane. I rub my eyes trying my best to rub the sleep out of them.

I roll out of bed and immediately go to my bathroom to brush my teeth, take a shower and do my hair. All I ever do when I'm about to go run is pull my hair back. I put on my apple watch and grab my phone before going downstairs.

The whole house smells like bacon, Dad's already up. I don't expect him to still be asleep since Cami stayed the night. I don't even bother facing the kitchen, I head straight for the front door. "Come sit down with us, I made breakfast." Us? God no, the last thing I'll do is have breakfast with this woman-

"I really can't Ethan's waiting and-"

"If you'd bother to turn around you'd see that Ethan is over here, with us." I do a full three-sixty. They're all at the table. On the table are a stack of pankaces, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, muffins and sausage. My dad is next to Cami and Ethan is in front of Cami.

"I just assumed he'd be out there. Why'd you come inside?"

"I invited him, he was just standing out there when I went to take the trash out and your dad and I had just made this big breakfast and I know you guys are friends so I just-"

"Invited him inside without asking me?"

"Zhavia." My dad warns furrowing his brows. I didn't even say anything. "I can leave if you want me to, I was just waiting for you to get ready." Ethan speaks up, I shrug.

"Well I'm ready now, we can go ahead and start-"

"Z, the boy barely touched his plate. Just sit down and join us." My dad knows exactly what he's doing, I don't know this woman and I definitely don't want to sit down and have breakfast with her like we're family.

"I don't really like-"

"I said join us." He says in a much more demanding tone. I sigh inevitably listening to him and I take a seat beside Ethan who gives me an 'I'm sorry look' it's not like it's his fault. "Its fine I can just eat my food after Z and I are done." Ethan's just trying to help me but I know my dad, he's not going to let me out that door until I start a conversation with Cami.

"Its fine you can go ahead and eat your food now. Z is just being bossy." Says him, he just forced me to sit down with them.

I just shake my head to myself lightly.

"You want me to get you a plate? Your dad told me that you're a sucker for pancakes and blueberry muffins." I'm sure Cami is a nice woman, this I have no doubt. I just don't like how my dad is trying to force her into my life.

They've been together for what two months? I've seen this woman like three times. "I'm not really hungry." I shrug, she gives a light "Oh okay".

My dad just gives me a look. To which I completely ignore. "Z you need to eat something before you go running." My dad says not looking up from his plate, picking up some eggs with his fork.

"Is that a suggestion or are you going to force me to eat like you're forcing me to sit here right now?" He drops his fork looking up at me harshly.

"You're pushing it."

"Why because I told you I don't want to eat? I said I'm not hungry." What is he deaf now? Ethan puts down his fork and turns his head looking at me as well. Meanwhile Cami is doing everything not to look up right now.