E I G H T

(Repeat Triggered By Jhené Aiko)

Zhavia's Point Of Veiw
Friday
September 10, 2016

"I say we watch Princess and the Frog." I offer up as we all sit in the Dolans living room trying to pick a movie for movie night. Lisa and Sean are on one couch, my dad is in there single recliner. While me, Cam, Ethan, and Grayson are on the other couch. I'm stuck in between Cam and Ethan. Ethan's on the end.

"You say that every time, and we've watched it five times." Cam says in an annoyed tone, she isn't wrong. I'm quite obsessed. "Ok, but it's a classic." I say sticking up for it, I look around the room waiting for someone else to stick up for it with me. "Read the room, Z. It's a no..." my dad says laughing while Lisa, who's holding the remote shrugs agreeing with my dad.

"Come on not you too Lisa, you too? I thought you loved it." I say eating some popcorn out of the bowl I'm holding. "I did... the first three times." She says making me playfully roll my eyes. We do these movie nights every time four or more of us have nothing to do on a Friday or Saturday night, I've missed not one movie night. "You guys are lame. I've given my movie option." I say shrugging not caring what we watch.

"How about that one? It's a classic, Alice in Wonderland?" Sean suggests, but it's so boring. "We all agree?" He asks looking all around the room they all agree, but... "honestly-"

"-Z!" They all say in sync cutting me off, we've been looking for a movie for forty minutes now.

"Hey, I was just gonna say I love it geez." I lie, we all laugh, and they start the movies. I've never understood this movie, I can never get past the crazy to understand it. We all watch despite what I think anyway and have a few laughs. My favorite part comes up, when they have a tea party. I being pulled into the movie but I'm quickly pulled out when my phone buzzes.

I'm going to let it continue to buzz when Ethan says something. "Just take it."

"If it's bothering you that much." I shrug, pulling out my phone I answer it making everyone look at me. "I'm about to hang up, I didn't forget the rules." I giggle looking around, we all have a strict no phone policy during movie night. There is no caller ID whoever it is.

"Hello, whoever this is I'll call you back."

"Wait, Zhavia don't! It's me, it's your mom..." My heartbeat begins to speed up, I feel my heartbeat in my ears. A lump begins to build in my throat, tears start to burn the brim of my eyes. "In that case I won't call back."

"Zhavia don't-" The line dies cutting her off. It was her, it was really was her, her voice sounded the same. My hands start to shake while I hold my phone. Ethan notices, giving me a worried look. "Z, who was it? You okay?" He whispers, I nod not wanting to cause a scene, I won't let her have that control over me.

I try to practice my breathing, not wanting to loose my shit right now, but I can't control it. I feel myself about to let the tears wash over me. "Z, I don't think your good, you're breathing really heavily. Who was that?" The last thing I need is him acting like he cares right now.

"What? You want me to not be okay so you can comfort me, if I'm not and get into my pants?" I snap at him really not meaning to. "Z I would never-" He's cut off by me getting up, I grab my purse making everyone look at me. "You ready to go? What's wrong?" My dad gets up to about to come with me.

"No- I mean yeah I'm ready to go, I'm fine you can finish the movie. I'm just going home." In a rush, I leave the living room and make it to the front door just trying to go home. "Zhavia, wait-" The front door closes when I walk out of it cutting Lisa off, my breathing gets really unstable. I do the only thing that calms me down and I run, as fast as I can. I run home not trying to think about her.

"Zhavia!" Someone calls out behind me, but I completely tone them out racing home. Once I get home I slam the door behind me and race up to my room. That door gets slammed too, how dare she!? I collapse beside my bed pulling my knees to my chest. She can't just call me out of the blue! She left, she can stay gone I swear it would have been better if she just-

"Zhavia, what's going on? Can I in?" It's Grayson. "What are you doing here I didn't want you to follow me." My head falls into my knees and my arms wrap around my legs holding my knees in place. "My mom wanted me to walk you home since it's dark, but you ran after that phone call so I know something is wrong." I don't even say anything, I don't want him to hear my voice, or the pain in it.

I don't let people see me vulnerable, and I definitely don't want him seeing me like this. I don't even get to protest when he opens my door coming in my room. He rushes down to the ground when he sees that I'm clearly upset . "What happened- is this about a guy? I swear I'll-" He stops speaking when I let it loose, the tears start to flow. I pull my head up from my knees, my elbows rest on my knees while my head sits in my hands while I cry. I don't look at him I can't, I turn my head away from him.

"Talk to me..." He's not talking to me like he usally does, with a cocky tone, or a assertive one, but instead a compassionate one. "It was her." I try my hardest to swallow the lump in my throat so I don't start sobbing. "Who, Diamond?" I shake my head and take in a deep breath and look at him ready to say it. "That was my mom." I let go, and start sobbing. He scoots beside me and pulls me into him.

I don't even have the urge to push him away from me. Instead I wrap my arms around him sobbing into his chest. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to-"

"I hate her, I hate her."