F O R T Y - F I V E

(Repeat Normal Girl By SZA)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Saturday
October 24, 2016

"I'm telling you, sneaking out isn't necessary. You've spent every other night here since you were eleven. They aren't going to care Z." We've been debating at his room door for like five minutes. I'm too scared to leave the room.

"Grayson, either you're going to help me slip out of here, or you're going to shut up and let me do it on my own." He sighs answering me.

"Fine..." He opens his room door and I start down the stair hoping Lisa and or Sean aren't at the bottom. I look around scanning the living room, I almost feel the need to jump when Sean and I make eye contact. Damnit.

"There you two are, you missed breakfast, you hungry?" It's like twelve in the afternoon, we hid out in Grayson's room for like three hours..

"I don't know, my dad is going to start looking for me soon-"

"It's not like we're not strangers you can tell him you're eating here, he knows you stayed the night here right?" My shoulders shrug with my mouth not knowing what to say. "Dad.." Grayson speaks up trying to get him to just let me go, Sean just gets up and starts towards the kitchen. "I'm just asking, it's ok if you didn't I just want to make sure I don't accidentally tell him that you did. Come on let me get you some pancakes." I look at Grayson who shrugs, I guess we're eating pancakes.

We follow Sean into the kitchen we both take a steal at the counter sitting in the stools. "Bacon or no?" Sean asks me and Grayson. "Sure." It comes out in sync from both of us followed by dead silence maybe it's the awkwardness...

He turns around after a minute sliding Grayson and I both plates with pancakes, eggs, and bacon followed by a bottle of syrup along with some orange juice. "So, what'd you two do all night?" He asks, Grayson and I look at each other.

"Talk-"

"Watch movies-" We say at the same time, why would he say talk? "He means we watched movies and talked all night." I cover eating some of my pancakes with the fork that was on my plate. Sean smirks nodding, he definitely doesn't believe us. "You guys got those hickeys from talking and movies...?" He asks laughing a little, I look over at Grayson. He's smirking, this is so funny to him..

"We may have kissed a little.." Grayson shrugs eating his eggs, I punch his arm lightly. He's so annoying. "It's okay Zhavia, Lisa and I know you guys are intimate. We just ask that you guys protect yourself. Would we like it better if you guys weren't? Yes, of course, but we can't force you so we just want you guys to be safe." I almost cringe at hearing him say this, I mean at least he's not scolding us..?

"Dad we already know this I filled her in on the very boring talk we already had." I just eat my food very much not wanting to be apart of this conversation. "You call it boring, I call it parenting. And if you want to act like you two aren't doing anything maybe stop covering each other in hickeys. Especially you, she is covered in them Grayson." Sean playfully hits Grayson I love how he can joke about this.

"I'm starting to run out of concealer to cover them up... because if my dad were to see these I'd be dead, Grayson too." Sean shakes his head to himself, he probably thinks I'm joking but I'm so sure my dad would actually murder Grayson if he knew. "With as discreet as he's being I don't blame your dad. So when's the next track meet? I've been meaning to ask Cam." I drink some of the orange juice in my glass before answering.