F I F T E E N

(Repeat Movin. By Kiana Ledé)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Thursday
September 30, 2016

"Come on this one is easy. Look, if I have six point two moles of aluminum, how many atoms are there?" Ethan looks at the study guide yawning, he's been practicing this for about forty minutes. He has it in him he's just being lazy. We sit at the desk in his room just looking at the work. "I'm sleepy, why can't we just finish tomorrow?" He rubs his eyes, tiredly.

"It's movie night tomorrow, hopefully this one will be better than the last one." He looks at me lost, what's the look for? "What?"
"We're not having one this week. Cam is going to a party, my parents are going on a date, and Gray is hanging out with..." He's acting like her name is a bad word. "Julissa, I'm glad they're becoming a couple. I love that she's back."

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" My eyes roll, I kissed Grayson once, I don't like him. "Neither, I know what you're implying you ass. I'm attracted to him, that's clear but I don't like him." He nods smirking to himself, where's the joke? "What, why are you smirking? What's so funny?"

"You think I'm hot."
"Who said that?"
"You're attracted to Grayson, that means you have to be attracted to me to some extent." He says confidently. "You just pulled that shit out of your ass." I laugh to myself. "Did I? I see it more like, I just pulled the words straight from your mouth."
"You're delusional."
"And that wasn't a no." He laughs making me roll my eyes, he's wasting my time.

"You're wasting my time Ethan, just do the damn problem. Do you even know how to do it? Because I've been explaining mole conversions all week and you can't solve this one problem. Do you even listen when I talk-"
"If one mole equals six point two times one-thousand twenty-three then six moles are three point seventy six times one-thousand, twenty-four atoms of aluminum." I look at him confused, he's been struggling with these conversions all week.

"How'd you..."
"I listen when you talk Z, I just like hearing you talk. If I finished these when I was supposed to you would have went home already." I gasp and punch his shoulder. "Ouch, chill I just wanted to spend time with you." He rubs his shoulder where I just hit him.

"You ass, you let me ramble about conversions and chemical quantities all week and you already knew how to do it?"
"Hey, I really did need help with chemical quantities. Just not as much as you thought I did. You're a good teacher."
"Well I am top of our class." I say proudly, pushing my hair back.

"And you call me cocky..." I scoff at him. "That is because you are, I'm proud, you're cocky. There is a difference."
"Oh really? Explain it then." He's really going to put me on the spot like this? "Pride is more acknowledging something you have, or have done. But being cocky, that's just overdoing it. It's going from acknowledgment to bragging, and boasting." He nods with a smile knowing that I'm right, I always am.

"So you do think I'm hot..." Circles, we are literally talking in circles here. "I am not fueling your ego."

"If we're being honest I don't think I am, but if you think I am, well that's a game changer." For some reason that was really a mood booster. "My opinion really matters that much to you?" I giggle not believing him.

"Sometimes, most of the time when you say something it's straight forward and honest. So sometimes your opinion does matter." He has a point a lot of times I find myself in trouble for my 'honesty'. "I think you're hot, but you kind of have to be because your actions can be a turn off."

"You couldn't have left it at 'I think you're hot'?" He asks laughing. "You wanted honesty"

"Yeah well it goes without saying but I guess you're hot too. Just too prideful."
"I think I'm not prideful enough, but pop off. See you tomorrow." I stand up and start packing up my stuff up. "You're leaving?" He asks sounding disappointed. "Yeah, we're done here." I grab my phone checking the time to see that it's eight. "Wait, what are you doing tomorrow?" He asks while I watch Grayson's snap, he and Julissa had dinner together.

"I don't know, study, probably watch Princess and the Frog by myself since all you want to cancel movie night. Why? This better not be an attempt to ask me out." I close my phone putting my phone in my pocket. "Ask you out? Why would I do that?" He asks confused, I should be the one who's confused. "I don't know, because you think me helping you not fail is a sign of me showing interest."

"Goodnight Zhavia." He says with a smile. I nod putting my backpack on and leave his room. Today really dragged, I really need tomorrow. A movies night by myself actually sounds better than one with everyone. I could go to that party with Cam, but I'd much rather die.

I open the front door leaving, and of course I'm met by Grayson on my way out. "Hey." He greets me half smiling. "Hi?" We could have easily averted conversation. "What are you doing here, Cam is-"

"Out, I know I was just finishing up with helping Ethan study chemistry." Normal conversation is so not us. "You don't want to help me? I need chemistry help too." He jokes flirtatiously. "I'm sure you don't have the time, with your busy schedule and all. You and Julissa have lots to catch up on." Damnit, why did I say that? "Are you pissed about that? Z, I asked you if there was anything between us, if the could potentially be."

"Yeah and I said no."
"But you didn't mean it?" He ask like it's a question and not a statement. "I don't know. I didn't know so I said no. It doesn't matter, you should get back with Julissa-"
"If you didn't know why would you say no? I don't know isn't no." He says sounding upset, why is he upset? "I guess I just wanted to see what you'd do if I said no, I got my answer." I walk off, he tries to stop me but I don't want to talk.

Julissa is my friend. She and him should see where it goes.

I do not like Grayson.