T W E N T Y

(Repeat DOPE By Jessie Reyez)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Monday
October 4, 2016

"The look, I mean the look on Diamond's face was nothing below priceless. She was mad. Mad that I'm that bitch. Hurdles are tomorrow and I'm not too sure how that's going to go. I haven't really been practicing my jumps." I explain to Olivia as we leave the track. "One thing is for certain, you are on fire. You ran the mile in what? Eight minutes-"
"Seven, but who's counting?"
"Either way it was amazing. You riding home with Cameron?"

"Yeah, I'm not sure where she is, she runs so slow, I'm sure she'll catch up with us soon." She rolls her eyes playfully. "Well, my fathers here so I've got to go, good luck with tomorrow." I should have been practicing hurdles, I totally forgot about them. "Thanks, I'm going to need it!" I walk towards Cam's car, hopefully I won't have to wait too long.

Unlike cross country track tryouts, and practices are done after school. Ethan and Grayson stayed after school too since they had football practice. Yet no one is at the car but me when I get to it... or so I think. I roll my eyes once I see him leaning against the car and start to walk the other way. "Zhavia wait!" He says from behind me. I turn around, facing him.

"What Grayson? I really don't want to be alone with you. I don't feel like being chewed up and spit out." He just nods. "That's fair, but you didn't see it how I did. I was just pissed I'm sorry, I acted like an ass."
"Pissed about what?" He just shrugs not saying anything. "That right there, that's what I'm talking about, you don't know how to communicate. I don't know what our problem is if you don't communicate it." He nods, takes a deep breath and finally speaks.

"I told you how I felt and I heard my brother in your house. Okay I just assumed you two-"
"Well don't fucking assume, quite frankly it was none of your business what we were doing. You're not my boyfriend." I cross my arms not falling for it this time.

"Now who's the one being hot and cold? One minute I think you like me and the next your being a bitch. Even when I'm trying to apologize. You act like a bitch." My eyes widen and my eyebrows raise. "A bitch? Have you met yourself? If I'm a bitch you're a bitch, you pull bitch moves and not the good kind. Make up your mind." I roll my eyes and he rolls his. "My mind is made up, I'm just waiting on you to make yours up." He says making me nod.

"Yeah well so is mine." I shrug with my arms crossed, we're both clearly so stubborn that wherever this talk was supposed to be going... it clearly didn't get far. "And what would that be?" He steps forward, making my back touch the side of Cam's car. "That I will never, ever be stupid, naive, or conceited enough to see you as anything other that my best friends brother." I say getting in his face, he gives me a cold look, like I can't predict what's coming next.

"You would be stupid, naive, conceited and everything in between if you think that you or I believed that."
"Asshole." I look into his eyes letting him know I mean it. He's so fucking annoying.

"Liar."
"Cocky"
"Know it all"
"Indecisive bastard-" He cuts me off smashing his lips against mine, he grabs my thighs lifting me up wrapping my legs around his waist. There has always been heat between us but never like this, neither of us has ever acted on it.

My hands move to his hair, running my fingers through it. "Good luck acting like this didn't just happen." He whispers in my ear confusing me until he puts me down, I don't even have time to ask. Ethan and Cam come to the car just in time. "Sorry we took so long, I had to help Cam find her phone." Ethan says making Cam roll her eyes.

"You didn't help ass hat, you just kept screaming 'it's ringing!' And 'you're not looking hard enough' the whole time." Cam says looking at Ethan, I'm just trying my hardest not to look suspicious, what the hell even was that? Heat of the moment? The questions in my mind right now.. Can unlocks the doors and we all get in. I sit my bag down, and pick up my phone when I hear it ding.

Dolan Three

Good luck getting that out of your head. If you didn't like me before at least I know you do now...

It's hard to do the right thing when you keep doing things like kissing me. Cut it out.

Hey, I just did what you wanted me to do. Kissing me is not wrong.

Yes it is it puts me in a position to lie to Cam were you thinking about that at all when you did that?

Actually no, I wasn't thinking, and for once you weren't either and you liked it.

For someone who hates lying you sure do lie to yourself a lot.

__

All of a sudden my phone dings, with a message from Ethan instead of Grayson.

Dolan Two

You two are texting...? What's that about...

How do you know that..?

I can see your phone. Just the name, whats going on with you two?

Nothing.

__

I close my phone, well this sure makes things weird. I thought my conversations were over, but my phone vibrates with a message from Grayson. 'You liked kissing me, don't over think it Z'. I open my phone responding.

Dolan Two

I didn't like it, and you're under thinking this, Ethan and Cam could have caught us. It didn't happen. You didn't kiss me, and I definitely didn't kiss you back.

I think you have the wrong Dolan...

__