T W E N T Y - S E V E N

(Repeat 2 By H.E.R.)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Tuesday
October 13, 2016

"Okay, my dad say he can take you home after practice. Can I ask what's with you and Cameron? You've been ignoring each other all practice." Oliva says as we sit in the bleachers waiting for everyone else to finish their mile.

"It's, it's a lot. I definitely deserve it. She also deserves me ignoring her." I pick up my water bottle drinking some of my water. "Well, can you at least tell me where the hickeys came from?" She asks making my eyes widen, I didn't think they were that noticeable. "You can see them?" I ask closing my water.

"Yes, the sun is really complementing them. Whoever it was really got you, there are so many-"

"It's no one, you wouldn't know him." She nods looking at me suspiciously. Oliva and i are friends, but i really don't want everyone to know about me and Grayson. It's crazy to even be thinking there is a possibility of a me and Grayson.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket letting me know I have a message.

Grayson

I see the track team running, but I don't see you...

That's because I've been done for five minutes now. I don't slow poke around.

And here I was hoping to see you pass by in those shorts

Ofc... what are you even doing with your phone out?

Practicing, I'm sitting out right now. Have you talked to Cam?

Don't want to.

You don't mean that, I'm missed having you in the car with us.

Do you think she's told Julissa...?

__

I close my phone shaking my head to myself, I hate that him asking about Julissa bothers me. I should probably talk to her. She's on the other side of the bleachers. She finishes when I did. "I'm gonna go talk to Julissa real quick. That good with you?"

"You don't have to ask me your good, go." She says giggling. I nod, get up and walk over to Julissa. "Hey." I sit down greeting her. "Sup..." she says unenthusiastically, Cameron definitely told her. "Cam told you didn't she?" She just shrugs. "She's pissed at you, big time." Julissa says confirming that she knows.

"And are you..?" Please don't say yes. "No, I don't blame you. It's what I would have done. I meant what I said in the car that day. I want him back, and I'm going to get him back." She shrugs unbothered. "Jay, I don't want to feel like there is a competition between us. I want us to be cool." She nods.

"And we will be. I love you, you're my best friend. I won't do anything shady, but I'll wait for him if I have to." She shrugs, I'm just glad she isn't pissed at me. Funny how she's the understanding one in all of this. "I actually didn't come to discuss that though. You're the only person who might understand what I'm about to tell you." She nods looking at me sympathetically, waiting for me to continue.

I take a deep breath. "Last night my mom called, we didn't talk long, but we did talk."

"Holy shit, are you okay? That had to be overwhelming as fuck." She's right it was. "I don't know how I feel, I want to be pissed but it was a good talk. I held back on yelling at her for abandoning me."

"Did she tell you where she is, how she got your number?" I didn't even think to ask that... "No, I didn't even think about those things. The call lasted three minutes tops. I don't know if I can do it, if she calls again.." Talking to her was nice but I can't ignore the pain she caused.

"I don't think you should pick up if she calls you again. I also don't think you should tell your dad. Things are going good with his lady friend, from what he tells my dad. He's happy, of course that's just my opinion. You do what you feel you need to do." I'm so glad I can talk to Julissa, that she's not pissed at me. Granted she's made it clear she's going after Grayson. Do I really have a right to be mad?

He and I aren't together...

"Thank you, for being here for me, and not being pissed at me. It really means a lot." I smile meaning it. "It'd be a bit hypocritical if I were don't you think. I've been there, Cam ignored me for what felt like forever. He's really sweet when he wants to be." She half smiles, and that's when the guilt starts to chew at me. I just nod not really knowing what to say.

I look up to see Cam finishing her lap, coming over to sit by Julissa. "She looks at me rolling her eyes. "If you're over here to apologize, don't bother." I scoff, does she not realize she owes me an apology too? "I was here to talk to Julissa, you're the one who approached us." If she was expecting me to kiss her ass, she's dead wrong. I feel bad, but I feel even worse about treating Ethan and Grayson like shit when she could have just told me the truth.

"Just leave Z, Julissa knows. The best thing you can do is give us space." She shrugs making me laugh, is she serious?

"You're fucking crazy you know that, crazy and a hypocrite. If you think me having sex with your brother justify's your lying to me, manipulating me, going through my phone, and or what ever else to did. Your dead wrong. At least I came to tell you the truth. You never planned on coming clean. So take your space, cause I'm not sure if I want you in my life right now." Maybe I shouldn't have said all of that, but that's how I feel I hate it but I feel like this.

"Guys let's not say things we don't mean..." Julissa looks between us, she may be able to fix a lot of things, but I don't know if there is any fixing it this time. "No, she's fine if that's how she feels it's how she feels. Just like I feel like all she knows how to do is self destruct. Every since that night your mom called you've been being a bitch times ten." I hate how she throws that up like I'm hiding behind it. That has nothing to do with anything. I am not the one who can't take responsibility for what I did.

"Cam, that's not fair."Julissa looks at Cam asking her to apologize with her eyes. "Of coarse you stick up for her, you do realize you can never be with Grayson after what she's done. She was selfish, but that doesn't matter to you because what? You both miss mommy?" Regret immediately makes its way to her face after she says it.

Julissa doesn't even say anything, she gets up and walks off. "Good going." I roll my eyes and get up leaving the bleachers, about to go after Julissa. "I didn't mean to-" I hear her try to say but she's said it now.

She's being completely insensitive.