F I F T Y - S E V E N

Zhavia's Point Of View

Sunday
November 23, 2016

"You're on Thanksgiving break and you want to spend it studying?" My mom asks laughing. She's in her home office at her desk, she has her phone propped up so I can see her. I'm at my desk too with my phone propped up against my books. "Is that a complaint? I could easily be out partying." A smirk grows on my face as I look down at my paper erasing the number I originally wrote down.

"No, no I'm glad you're not out partying. You're a workaholic. Why not put it towards an actual job? You could be making money right now."

She has a point, I know that. Dad already wants me to get a job he's made that very clear as of recently. "Okay yes but I really don't want to. Pops gives me a very generous allowance. I mean he's been trying to push me towards getting one but it's not in my four year plan to get one till junior year." When I look up I see her eyes widen at the word 'plan'.

"A four year plan? What's the end goal?" She sounds so excited to hear it.. usally dad gets sick of me talking about it. He thinks having a plan is pointless. "Well the end goal is to get a track scholarship to Stanford. Then the next plan starts, I'm not there yet so I won't start planning for that until next year. Maybe senior year." She just nods smiling to herself, seeing her smile kind of makes me really happy.

"So why aren't you hanging out with your boyfriend? You two are usually inseparable."

There goes my smile, I need to think of something, fast. "He's out with friends tonight plus it's good I could really use a break from him to focus on school."

"Oh I get that, sometimes you just need a break from men." She has no idea how right she is.

"Right especially dad he's constantly in my face in it's just like 'can I breathe bro?' he can be so annoying." I love him of course but sometimes he's just a bit much. "He just loves you, you're his baby girl." I'm not a baby anymore though. He needs to get that through his acorn sized brain.

Suddenly there's a knock at my door. I almost panic trying to grab my phone. "See, hovering as we speak. I'll call back." I quickly rush out in such a hush tone. "Yeah ok love you-" The call ends as she's mid sentence.

"I'm working what do you want?" I open my room door not seeing my dad but instead Ethan.. I haven't answered any of his texts or calls. So I can't say that I'm shocked that he stopped by. "To know that you're okay." He answers looking me in my eyes, I step back letting him in. "Well you see me, I'm fine. Now go home Ethan, like seriously." If Grayson knew he was here he definitely wouldn't be too fond of it.

He just walks into my room anyways, I close the door before crossing my arms looking at him. "I would have known you were ok if you bothered to answer any of my texts." I didn't need to answer his texts..

"What texts?" I play dumb simply because I don't want him to think that I'm ignoring him.

He shakes his head to himself before grabbing my phone out of my hand. "Hey!" Fucking rude he does that thing where he raises it above a length that I can reach. I can tell that he's scrolling.

"Yeah what text? The ones you already opened. You could at least turn on your read recipes. If you aren't going to talk to me you could at least let me know that you have seen my messages. Do you know how hard it is ignoring my brother knowing what he did?" He can't be serious.. I told him I didn't want to tell him about what went down with Grayson. He's the one who made me.