T W E N T Y - N I N E

(Repeat Love Sings By Kaash Paige)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Friday
October 16, 2016

"It's so loud!" I yell over the music as Grayson and I walk into the skating rink. He hasn't told Lisa or Sean so we used Uber to get here. "What?!" He yells back not hearing me.

"Nothing!" I laugh making him do the same. Grayson has his own skates so he doesn't have to rent any. I wish I could say the same. The last time I went skating I was thirteen, so mines no longer fit. "I'm going to go to the Bathroom!" I hear him say over the music. "I'm going to go get my skates!" He nods and I walk over to the growing line of people.

It takes maybe five minutes for me to make it to the front of the line. "What can I get for ya, beautiful?" The young guy asks, he looks around my age. I smile at his compliment. "Thank you, can I have some size five roller skates." He nods taking my shoes and walking to the back to get my skates. I reach into my pocket about to get my money ready.

"Oh no you don't." Grayson walks up beside me taking out his wallet. "Hey, I've got it." I giggle, he shakes his head. "I asked you on this date, I pay. So don't even try it." I put my hands up in defense.

"Okay, so for the pretty girl in blue, I've found some nice size fives that actually seem to match your outfit." The guy says coming back. "Thank you." I smile taking them. "You're number two twenty three and that will be... fifteen dollars and twenty four cents." He says ringing them up. "I've got it, here ya go." Grayson hands him a ten, a five, and a quarter, he puts his wallet back in his pocket. "Keep the change." Grayson says before we walk off making me laugh.

"Did you really just say to keep the change?" I ask still giggling. "Yes, I can be very generous."

"Grayson the change was a penny."

"And ever penny counts." I roll my eyes playfully sitting on the bench we make it too. I put on my skates and he puts his on. "You ready?" I ask getting up skating backwards and forwards in front of him. "Way to show off, what can't you do?" He asks smiling.

"That? Oh this is nothing. You should see what my dad can do. If he knew I were skating right now without him he'd be pissed." My dad absolutely loves to brag about how he's the best at roller skating. "Well I'm not the best or anything but I think I know a trick or two.." He grabs my hand guiding us to the skating rink.

We get to skating and I've never had so much fun skating ever. The music filled our ears and we felt the music with our bodies. The amount of times Grayson ran into the wall is hilarious. He was getting tired so I'm skating skating by myself feeling the music. I skate backwards watching him as he stands on the other side of the rinks walls.

When I've finally had enough I skate out of the rink and over to him. "Ready to go?" I ask breathing heavily from skating nonstop. "Only if you are, you seem like you're having a lot of fun." He smiles touching some of my hair. "I was, but now I'm ready to go, next door to the diner I'd kill for a milkshake right now." I hop up sitting myself on a stool nearby to take my skates off.

"You've read my mind." He says squatting down untying my skates for me. I feel them fall off letting my feet breathe. "Thank you." I smile picking them up. "Of course, I'm sure that guy is just dying for you to come back and turn them in." He helps me down from the stool and we start in our way to the rental station.

"What do you mean?" I giggle confused. "Oh were you not there when he referred to you as the pretty girl in blue?" He asks seriously. "Oh I was very much there. I just wanted to here you describe it. You can be hot when you're jealous."

"I'm hot all the time." He says confidently making me playfully roll my eyes. "I'm just here to turn these in and get my shoes back I was number-"

"I remember I'll be right back." He says with a wink. "It's like he doesn't see me standing here right now." Grayson says sounding irritated yet annoyed. "Who cares, he's not even that cute."

"That cute-"

"Here you go, hope to see you again." The guy smilies giving me my shoes. "You won't." Grayson smiles wrapping his arm around my waist making me smile, with that we walk away.

__

"First off I could have definitely taken that guy, secondly that's mine." He says making me giggle as I take one of his French fries. "Sharing is caring."

"That's bogus, I tried asking you for one of your chili cheese fries and you said no, and I paid for them." I shrug eating the fry I took from his plate. "Mmh, back to that guy I have no doubt that you could take him. I'm just saying that you wouldn't need to." I explain before drinking some of my snickers milkshake. He gets really quiet when I say that so I look up at him to see that he's just smiling.

"What's with the goofy ass smile?" I ask kind of skeptical. "Are you saying we're exclusive?" He asks still smiling.

"You're the one who popped off at me like three days ago saying we're a 'thing'..." I'm kind of confused, what actually are we... "Because we are a thing, but if you're saying we're exclusive. Well I'm gonna have to make a few calls to make..." I kick him under the table. "You better be joking." It comes out seriously while he giggles.

"I am I'm completely joking, you don't have to worry about me." He says smiling. "What about Julissa?" I finally dare to bring her up. "What about her?"

"Do I have to worry about her?"