F O R T Y

(Repeat Smalltown Boy By Bronski Beat)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Friday
October 23, 2016

"What the hell?! That was a pass interference! That ref clearly needs glasses!" I yell getting annoyed with this referee. Grayson could have easily caught the ball if number twelve on the opposite team did not interfere. "Zhavia, you're right but watch your language." My dad laughs, he wanted to come watch Ethan and Grayson's game being that football is something that means a lot to him.

"I'm sorry he's just ticking me off. I know he saw that." Sean turns his head looking at me laughing. "Gray really lucked up with you. Not too many girls know what they are talking about when it comes to football, better yet enjoy it." Sean is just trying to be nice it's literally his personality. My dad speaks up before I'm able to.

"Yeah well he's never gone out with a girl raised by me. My baby knows her sports. She's damn good at them too."

"Dad stop, please." I hate when my dad hypes me up, it's embarrassing. "He's right you and Grayson have a lot in common. It's important to have someone support you the way you're supporting him. We all knew it was a matter of time before you two started dating with the way that you argued." Lisa laughs, I playfully roll my eyes. I guess we did used to pick petty fights with each other a lot. Especially as kids.

"Thank you really. For being so excepting and supporting. I really wasn't sure how you'd react at first. You guys are like my second family." I say looking down at them since they're below me on the bleachers. My dad and Julissa's dad are behind, above me, Cam and Julissa who are sitting side by side. "Of course, we couldn't imagine anyone better for him." Sean smiles looking back, at me. I smile back nodding.

I hear Julissa who's sitting beside me take a deep breath. Is she good? "J, you okay?" I ask quietly enough for just her to hear. She just looks at me and shrugs. "I'm going to go to the bathroom." She says getting up.. odd.

I sit my water bottle I was holding down beside me. "Oh okay I'll come with-"

"Alone." She cuts me off walking away, there is definitely something wrong. As soon as Julissa leaves I turn my head to the other side of me to see Cam looking at me with a 'what's up' look. I shrugs my shoulders. "I'll go check on her." She says getting up. "She said she wanted- okay just leave while I'm talking..." I finish saying the last part to myself.

Whatever it is I'm sure Cam's got it. My attention is turned back to the game. I'm glad I do because Jayden throws the ball to Grayson... he catches it before before running it to the end zone! "Touchdown!" Me and Sean both jump up at the same time high-five each other excitedly. "That boy is on fire! He's got a great arm." My dad says talking about Jayden's throw.

"I have to say that was more Grayson than anything he's fast. You saw how he ran that from such a long distance without getting caught right?" Eric, Julissa's dad says making me turn around and high-five him. Now he knows what he's talking about. "Exactly, Jayden isn't really all that good if we're being honest, he gave Grayson almost no time to make it towards the end zone before he threw it. Which it's not like Grayson needed more time, clearly." I explain to my dad who nods when I'm done.

"You're right, he is fast. You might need to watch your back." My dad jokes making me roll my eyes. "If he is that's only because he has longer legs and that's an if." I explain making my dad and Eric laugh.