T H I R T Y - S I X

(Repeat Death & Taxes By Daniel Caesar)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Tuesday
October 20, 2016

"And... it's uploaded!" Grayson yells high-fiving Ethan making me and Julissa laugh. Grayson is sitting in front of his computer, with Ethan standing beside him. While Julissa and I sit behind them on Grayson's bed. Julissa and I came to talk to Cam but she isn't here yet.

"I know there's like an unspoken rule of us not watching your videos, but I have to watch this one." Julissa says shrugging her shoulders, the video for this week is 'What Not To Do On A Date' not gonna lie it does seem intriguing. "I beg of you please don't-" Ethan's cut off by Grayson.

"It'd definitely be better if you guys didn't." Grayson says turning the chair around facing me and Julissa. "Well then how would we know what not to do on a date?" I ask oh so sarcastically. "Easy, I could just show you what your are supposed to do on one." Ethan jokes making me giggle, Grayson just side eyes him, seeming irritated.

"So, I think we should study while we have the opportunity. You know while Z and I wait for Cam." Julissa cuts the tension, talking to Ethan who nods reluctantly. "Chemistry is so boring, I have no idea how knowing who made chemical quantities, how is it going to help me in the real world." Ethan complains, Julissa stands up and they both start towards the door. "You just don't like it because it's actually something you have to study." Julissa says before they leave closing the door.

"He thinks he's so funny..." The irritation in Graysons voice makes me playfully roll my eyes. "Funny? No. Slick? Oh for sure."

"Not funny." He responds with a straight face.

Why is he taking it out on me? "Calm down, it wasn't that serious. What's got you all hostile?" He shrugs his shoulders. "You wouldn't understand." He tries to dismiss whatever it is, but I can tell whatever is is has him a bit pissed. "Try me." He sighs, thinking about answering me.

"It's a football thing, you just wouldn't get it." I roll my eyes, has he forgotten that I was raised by my dad.. "That hurts, what because I'm a girl? Grayson I would play if they let me. Have you completely forgotten that my dad is a former player for the Denver Broncos?" He looks at me shocked smiling. "I didn't know you were like... into it." His smile softly growing.

"Of course you wouldn't, you don't talk to me about it- hey!" I squeal when he pulls me off of the bed and onto his lap. We're facing each other with, my legs around his waist, and his arms wrapped around my lower back. Holding me. "You're hotter than ever before, you know that?" He looks me in my eyes making me shake my head softly, trying to hide my goofy smile.

"Seriously, tell me what's got you so upset?" He sighs, rubbing my back still holding me. "They made Jayden QB one, so he's captain now, he isn't even good and he's a total ass."

"Tell me about it, it's fine though. He's going to be a senior next year and then that spot could be yours. You're already a starter now and you're only a sophomore." He makes a face trying to hide his smile, why is he being so goofy..?

"...What? Why do you keep doing that?" I ask smiling, but confused. "I never told you what position I play..."

"I finish early at practice... I may or may not watch you practice. That's how I know you are our RB this year. Your fast enough to potentially be as fast as me." His eyebrows raise when I say that, boosting his confidence.

"Fast as you huh?" I can hear him seeking for a compliment in his voice.. "Potentially, I said you have potential. You don't need to stress about Jayden though, he didn't get a starter position till this year. Next year you could be QB one, plus running back is just as important as the quarterback if not more." He takes a deep breath in sighing before nodding in agreement with me. If there's one thing I know, it's my sports.

"God I can't wait to see you wearing my jersey at the homecoming game this Friday." He whispers on my lips before leaning in to kiss me, his hands travel from my waist to my mid back, pulling me into him. My hands snake around his neck holding on to him. "And I can't wait to see you in yours. Then out of it.."

"Why wait till Friday? We're alone right now aren't we?" He lightly kisses my neck, whispering in my ear sending shivers down my spine. I let my head fall back when his finger graze lightly down my neck. "Grayson no, we can't I have to talk to Cameron." I giggle pulling my head back up.

"I know, I was just playing, kind of." His arms fall back to loosely sitting around my waist.

"Whatever you say..." My eyebrows raise, falling almost immediately after I lift them.

"What's convinced you to even want to talk to her and stop being stubborn anyway? I'm glad your doing it it's just last time I mentioned you two hashing things out you got pretty defensive." He furrows his brows. This is when I get up from his lap and move back to his bed. He looks at me even more confused. He just reminded me of me and Julissas talk. How he knew what she was going through and told no one...

"Julissa, she talked to me, and made some pretty valid points. After she told me everything, everything that led to her leaving." His eyes get wide, the look on his face, it's like his heart just skipped a beat. Not in a good way either.

"Oh, that's um, that's good... I'm sure Cam will be here soon so-"
"You knew.. she told me you knew Grayson. You knew what she was going through and you kept it to yourself." I don't want him to feel like I'm blaming him but I am upset that he knew and told no one. "I don't know what you want me to say, she told me she had it under control. She didn't want you guys to know, you and Cameron were really cruel to her. Remember?" He says in a calm stern tone sort of like it's was my fault.

"Grayson I'm not blaming you. I just didn't think it was fair to keep it to yourself, and I tried to help her and Cam." I defend myself and he nods before speaking up. "Well you didn't try hard enough.." He mumbles, but I hear him. Loud and clear. "Excuse me? It's not like I knew she was getting into drugs and drinking and told no one. I thought she just needed space, are you blaming me?" He doesn't say anything he just shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know, I'm just saying you didn't entirely help. It's different for you, you didn't here her cries, see how clearly hurt she was, or see her unconscious in that hospital bed! So I'm not blaming you I'm just not saying it wasn't your fault-"

"Because it wasn't- you're the reason her and Cam were even arguing you do know that right?!" I ask standing up getting a bit irritated. His eyes widen and he stands up now too. "She was already starting to hurt before she and I were together. I found her, I tried my best to help her, you and Cameron just made her feel worse about herself." He says defending himself.

"We would have been able to help her if you told us. Instead you had to play hero alone because you were her 'boyfriend'. You were fourteen, Grayson."

"Don't say it like that- we were young yes but I felt things for her. I just wanted to help her she was so hurt. It hurt me to see her hurt so I'm sorry I didn't try and tell anyone! But you weren't the only one who cared about her. She meant a lot to me Z, I'm in love with her." He stops when he catches himself, and his look goes from annoyed to regretful. Did he just say 'in love' as in currently. I nod letting him know I'm done with this conversation. I start towards the door.

"Z, I didn't mean it like-" He tries to touch me, to turn me around. "Don't touch me." I huff out pulling my arm back, I open his room door, leaving. Slamming it shut.

He's in love with her?!