T W E N T Y - S I X

(Repeat Love In The Dark By Jessie Reyez)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Sunday
October 11, 2016

"You had sex with him?" Ethan's voice, I can hear how hurt he is. I'm such a fucking idiot. I look up taking a deep breath in, what do I even say? There is nothing for me to say.

"I should go..." I say barley above a whisper, leaving. I don't go home, instead I walk to the bus stop. I haven't sat on this bench in a minute. The last time I sat here was in eighth grade, after that Lisa, Sean, and my dad took turns taking all four of us to school. After everything that happened with Julissa it brought all of us together.

And I just pulled us all apart, I feel like shit, they really cared about me. Really cared, I have been so upset thinking they were playing with me. I was playing with them... they were just trying to listen to Cam.

I don't even think I can be mad at her, she just didn't want them to get hurt. What about me though? Did my feelings not matter to her? I hear footsteps approaching from behind me, I turn my head to see Grayson. I guess I shouldn't be shocked, he's probably mad at me for telling Cam. He walks around taking a seat on the bench.

"Here to pick up where Cam left off?" I turn my head looking at him. "I'm not sure I know what you mean?" He furrows his brows. "Did you not just catch Cam screaming at me? I'm sure the whole neighborhood herd it."

"I was out here jogging, I just saw you come over here I wanted to talk, what happened with Cam?" I don't want to discuss just yet. "You first." He takes a deep breath before speaking.

"This morning, you said I only wanted one thing and that I had gotten it. Z, I want you to know that's not true at all."

"Do you have any idea why I finally gave in?" He shakes his head no. "As of lately, I haven't been able to get you out of my head. I thought maybe if we got the sexual tension out of the way, I'd stop thinking about you." No walls no jokes, just the raw truth. "Did it work...?" He asks searching my eyes.

I shake my head feeling a bit of relief wash over me. "I don't know when, but you snuck up on me Grayson. Absolutely out of no where, I mean I hated you, or so I thought I did. I like you Grayson no matter how much I try to deny it or walk around it I do." He starts to smile, the pit in my stomach I've been walking around with all day turns into a flutter in my chest.

"I'd say you snuck up on me to but I think I've always liked you, you're just so... intimidating." I laugh shaking my head to myself. I reach out to him caressing his cheek. "I'm so sorry, for everything I ever put you through." I say finally letting everything built up from today come out. I can feel the tears start to pool in my eyes.

"Put me through?" He asks placing his hand on mine, taking it off his cheek and holding it. I nod answering him. "Cam told me, you and Ethan made a deal. I painted you as this bad guy in my head, I thought it was an act. That you acted like you felt things for me to get what you really wanted. Cam let me believe it too. You cared about me..."

"No, I care about you. I don't want you to be pissed at Cam or vise versa, she loves you. She didn't want to loose her friend, I know if you were mine I'd do everything I could not to loose you." He says making me smile. "The offer I gave you that night when I brought you flowers is still on the table...." I look at him confused.

"I'm sorry what offer? I'm having a problem remembering." I begin to smile, messing with him. "Come on, you're really going to make me say it?" He asks smiling. "I mean you kind of have to, if I recall you 'took it back' I think it's only fair if you give it back."

"Hm, you think you're funny?" He asks as I get up from the bench, standing in front of him.

"I've got a joke or two.." When he stands up I feel his arms loosely wrap around my waist, pulling me into him. He leans in kissing me softly, my arms snake around his neck, my hands gently playing with his hair. I'm aware this is the last thing I should be doing right now, but this is happiest I've felt in a minute. I wish things could be simpler.

We pull away, our foreheads leaning against one another. "Go on a date with me." He whispers due to how close we are, he's comedic. "Now look who's got jokes." I laugh lightly. "I'm serious, let's do this right Z. Let me take you on a date." He says hopefully, like an idiot I accept, I nod smiling. "This Friday, after school?" He asks raising a brow as I back away from him, about to leave.

"It's a date Dolan." I smile walking away from him. I turn around, away from him walking to my house. Maybe something good can come out of this.

__

My phone was blowing up while I was in the shower. I walk out of my bathroom in my towel and walk over to my phone, unlocking it, checking it.

Dolan Three

I talked to Cam...

I feel really bad.

I mean I'm flattered, who knew I meant enough to cause this much chaos 🤭

Goodnight Grayson 😂

Goodnight Zhavia

__

As soon as I close my phone it starts to ring, I don't know who it is either. "Hello?" I ask putting my phone to my ear. "Zhavia, baby please don't hang up."

"Mom?"