F O R T Y - O N E

(Repeat Dangerous By Big Data)

Zhavia's Point Of View
Friday
October 23, 2016

"Julissa?" I call out, no one says anything, but I do hear a stall door being unlocked. Her and Cam step out. "You caught all of that? Huh?" She asks, I shrug my shoulders. Some friend she is. "Caught what? I just came in here to make sure you were good. You said you'd be in here so I called out your name. Is there something I should have caught...?" I'm not trying to trap her I just don't feel like talking about something as stupid as what she just said.

"No, we we're just having a heart to heart is all. We're good now." Cam says before Julissa can even try to say anything. "You sure?" I ask looking between them, if one of them wants to say anything I'm not stopping them. "Positive." Cam answer, I just slowly nod before shrugging.

"Fine, I'll just go back to our seats. Seeing that you two are fine here." I turn around leaving the bathroom. I think it's safe to say I'm definitely not going to the sleepover tonight.

__

The band begins to play really loud and everyone starts to leave the field while the everyone in the stands start to leave their seats. I stayed at the fence after the bathroom, even though Ethan got put back on the field Oliva stood there with me.

"You know, we might just go to the championship this year." Olivia says as we make our way towards the front of the school. "Right, I mean the other team was amazing and we won... all I'm saying is this year could really be it." We continue towards the school until we make it to see the guys exiting the building with their equipment in their bags. It doesn't take long before I see Ethan and Grayson leaving.

They both notice me, and begin walking towards me. "I know I never complement you guys... but that was amazing!" I high five both of them separately. Grayson laughs before I feel him pull me into a hug. "Bro you're covered is sweat!" I giggle trying to leave the hug but he only pulls me closer. "Did you just bro me?" He laughs letting me go.

"Yes I did, problem bro?" I joke making him shake his head to himself. "Thank you for screaming Dolan for two hours straight. It felt very empowering." Ethan laughs, I playfully roll my eyes. "Yes, for me of course." Grayson grabs my hand holding it before kissing the back of it while we walk towards the parking lot.

"I think we could disagree." Ethan says to Grayson. "We could fight-"

"The hell is with the hostility. You two need to learn I dislike you very equally." Joking will hopefully take away from the toxic masculinity. "Really I couldn't tell with you wearing his jersey and all." Ethan says kind of seriously making me turn my head to look at him. "You need to drop the whole jersey thing it's not that big of a deal-" Grayson starts but is cut off by Ethan.

"I think I'll walk to the car alone." Ethan finished before taking off. I don't even get the chance to stop him. "What is he talking about? Is he mad at me for wearing this?" Grayson just shakes his head to himself. "Not so much at you, more at me. It doesn't matter, I'll talk to him later." I know he's trying to reassure me but that does the complete opposite, knowing that they're upset with one another.

I have caused enough arguments between them weather on purpose or unintentionally. "It does matter, I refuse to let you two get mad at each other cause I wore a stupid jersey."

"Z, you're smart please look for context clues. He's jealous, he's just mad that we're a thing. However he will get over it. So don't stress it, shouldn't you be riding with Cam. I thought you two were staying the night at Julissa's? My shoulders shrug it seems pretty clear that I'm not welcomed.

"I know when I'm not wanted. I'm just gonna have my dad take me home with him. Probably do some studying-"

"On a Friday night Zhavia? How about you just tell me what's wrong? Talk to me baby." He puts his arms around my shoulders pulling me into him as we walk. "They just clearly need space from me tonight." I relax my head letting it fall on his shoulder while he comforts me.

"Mmh, I'm sorry. I'm not letting you sit at home alone to study on a Friday though. How about you give them their space and just come with me and Ethan. Us and the team are going to go get food a few of their girlfriends are coming too."

"I don't know.." I kind of just want to go home. I would love send some time with him, he just won his first game as a starter I don't want to bring down his mood with mine.

"Come on, you cheered me on all day, let me cheer you up." He smiles ultimately making me nod. I guess maybe he could make me feel a little better. Plus Cam and Julissa would get their alone time. "You know what? Yeah I'll tag along. However... you'll have to pay this time, my dad's been on my ass about overspending and-"

"Done, I would have paid anyways. I'm going to go take a shower at home and we can take an Uber there, sound good?" I nod as we make it to the crowded parking lot. His arm moves from around my shoulders, and I quickly feel his hand holding mine. "Perfect." I smile swinging our hands back and fourth gently.

"See you then," He smiles, I don't want to let go while he takes a few steps back. But finally I drop his hand letting him go. His back turns to me and he takes off to the car while I go the opposite way as him to my dads car.

At least I have him..