Familiar Anguish

Kagome Higurashi; upon the back of Inuyasha dashed across the barren terrain of the Western Lands. Sango and Miroku traveling on Kirara. Though even they could not ignore the harsh lands that were once filled with lush greenery. A sickly miasma filled the air; causing Kagome to cough violently. Alarming Inuyasha who stopped in his tracks. Kagome covered her mouth, forcing down the bile. She couldn't stop now. Kagome was aware of the massive Shikon Jewel shard nearby. Belonging to none other than Naraku. The group could not afford to stop now, especially with the heavy pit in Kagome's stomach. Her nerves were ever on edge since Hisuri dissapeared from the group. She knew that something was wrong, they had to get to the villa immediately.

"We can't stop-! Something's wrong." Kagome choked out, as Sango handed her an extra Demon Slayer Mask. Kagome thanked her friend, placing it upon her face. An immediate relief filling Kagome as she climbed atop on Inuyasha. Beckoning him to keep running which he did. "Seems my brother just can't keep outta trouble these days." Inuyasha remarked as the group soon came to the familiar bills belonging to Sesshomaru. It's massive stone walls which surrounded the rather large home which would be considered a mansion. Though outside the protective walls and leading deeper into the area was fresh blood which covered the ground, trees and even walls. Sango tensed up at the sight, recognizing the signs of battle. Even Inuyasha seemed to become rather silent, his mind racing. There was alot of blood, the scent was one that Inuyasha knew. But he refused to believe it. Without another word Inuyasha took off to the village entrance. Miroku and the others trailing behind him only to see the bodies of what seemed to be hundreds of demons littering the ground. But among the center of the bodies was Sesshomaru and Souma. The Father and Son had collapsed from the massive assault, for even their blades were still in their hands.

Though upon closer inspection Inuyasha released a loud cry into the air. His scream of despair filling the air, causing Kagome's heart to sink at the sight. For Souma had seemed to be impaled by a tentacle of some sort; and Sesshomaru's body had taken the brunt of the attack. The tentacle striking through the very heart of Sesshomaru. His blood continued to pour from the wound, Inuyasha could hear his brother's struggle to breathe. And found himself frozen in fear. His elder brother, one he believed hated him...was now at the brink of death. For Sesshomaru's kimono was a mess of crimson, while behind him; Souma began to stir. Pain pulsing through the lad's body, though when he opened his eyes a look of utter terror filled him.

Souma gripped onto his father, tears evident in his eyes. Though he held back his sobs, silently mourning his father. Inuyasha remained still, even as Kagome ran pass him to help Souma from underneath Sesshomaru. Inuyasha was still unable to move, his body numb at the sight of the bloodied Sesshomaru. Souma clung onto his father, pleading for him to wake up. But Sesshomaru did not stir causing Souma to wail. Unable to hide his anguish. His father. The proud Daiyokai Sesshomaru had fallen to protect him. The sight alone causing Inuyasha to fall to his knees and sob. He screamed. As Kagome was unable to console Inuyasha who couldnt take it. He roared. Cursing at Sesshomaru. Screaming at him to get up through bleary eyes. "All this time you were stronger than me, and not your letting this be your end?!" His words were hurtful yet moving which only caused Kagome to sigh lightly. Already aware of how much Inuyasha truly cared for his brother.

Kagome carefully approached the injured Sesshomaru, careful of the large wound through his heart. It surprised her that he still managed to cling to life. But he was a stubborn Daiyokai, that was for sure. Kagome's gaze softened upon the loss of Sesshomaru to his mate; the lovely Shizuka. Upon meeting the luminous Celestial Maiden, Kagome was overcome by the warmth which was the woman. For Kagome had never seen anything like it; the strength behind the calm emerald eyes of Shizuka. She was not only beauty and power; but she was love. Able to bring even the mighty Sesshomaru to his knees. Becoming his one and only companion. Their children were treasures to him; pieces of his sweet blissful times with his mate. The one being who rivaled him in power. The only being Sesshomaru deemed worthy of his legacy. And now he was to leave her.

Tears streaming down her cheeks Kagome begged Sesshomaru to stand. "You can't leave Shizuka and your pups! Please! She would die without you!" She croaked. This seemed to stir something within Sesshomaru who weakly moved his left hand to his son. Placing it upon Souma's own trembling hand. Sesshomaru was able to squeeze Souma's hand one final time, before his gaze was turned to the dark sky above. It was the first time that anyone besides his family had seen Sesshomaru shed tears. He said nothing. For it was not needed as all could feel the anguish of the Daiyokai. His rage of not meeting the beautiful gaze of his mate; or to be embraced by his children. To raise both Rin and Shion as his own. He would lose this due to his own weakness.

Though still Sesshomaru clung onto the hope of being with his loved ones again. His grip tight upon his weapon "Akumosai". The weapon forged by the "Mother of Celestials" herself. Lady Shouko. Whom refused to allow Sesshomaru to fall to those beneath him. Gritting his teeth Sesshomaru muttered a single prayer into the air. One that was unheard by many but heard by only one. A soul who would ensure Sesshomaru's wish was heard. And bestow upon him and his family the strength needed to survive this night.