The Reunion

The room was silent as the many anxious people awaited for the moment of truth. The moment where each and everyone of them realized either the wish of Sesshomaru had infact been granted. Or was it simply ignored by the "Great Creator" because it was a request of a yokai? Even so Sesshomaru forever remained at his mate's side. His hand giving her cold one a gentle reassuring squeeze, and praying that she opened those bright orbs of hers. It was slow, yet Sesshomaru felt it. The sudden spike in her body temperature, as the veil of death began to crumble before his very eyes. All the while the once dormant divine blood which had ceased it flow within the lifeless body had now begun to flow once more. The elixer of life pumping its very essence into Shizuka, wishing to stir that silent heart of hers.

It didn't take long as if waking from an eternal dream,Shizuka opened her eyes. Those once dull orbs which had remained lifeless for too long had finally been given light once again. Shizuka blinked rapidly, struggling to focus her gaze on everything and everyone around her. Her limbs feeling quite heavy due to lack of use and blood flow. The newly revived Maiden stared down at her hand, which was still clutched by none other than Sesshomaru himself. Who upon being pulled into those emerald pools once more, he held his beloved mate. Caressing her right cheek lovingly, causing Shizuka to smile shyly at his actions. As her own hand reached up to press her fingers against his.

Tears escaping Shizuka's gaze as Sesshomaru's grip on her waist tightened. It had been so long without her. Without her touch, it was maddening. As even now Sesshomaru could hardly contain himself. Taking in the gentle warmth of her skin upon his own. How soft her skin was beneath his sometimes rough touch. Sesshomaru believed he had truly seen Shizuka for who she was. But he was wrong, for now he truly saw who she truly was. No longer just his mate. But one who was delivered from death. She was above everyone even Sesshomaru knew this. But he also knew Shizuka was never vain when it came to her capabilities. Why? Because that was simply who she was. Someone who cherished the small things in life rather than a thirst for power.

Something that Shizuka taught him the moment she left this world. Shizuka knew this, it was a hard lesson but a necessary one. Through her own tears Shizuka kissed the top of Sesshomaru's head, feeling her own heart beating rapidly against her chest. Even more proof of her miracle revival. " I'm here now, and I won't leave you ever again." Shizuka whispered to her love who gave her another tight squeeze refusing to allow her to leave his sight. " And I refuse to allow you to ever leave my sight again." Sesshomaru began, his protective instincts for his mate kicking in upon her embrace. Shizuka released a light giggle agreeing to his terms knowing Sesshomaru would not take no for an answer.

With her divine blood continuing its flow Shizuka's abilities were now even more heightened than ever. So much in fact that upon sensing the unique aura of her own children, Shizuka became quite startled turning gaze towards two children appearing to be siblings. Who's gaze remained downcast as they bowed before Shizuka. Welcoming her home which confused Shizuka as she had never seen these new members of the clan before. She bid them to show their faces to her, causing the veiled female to smirk before stepping towards Shizuka.

The veil hiding the young girl's face from view but Shizuka felt it. The familiarity, and overwhelming desire to keep the young girl safe no matter the cost. The young girl stood proud unafraid of Shizuka's standing showing how brave she was at such a young age. " Our Lord wishes to spend quality time with you. You have a lifetime to get to know us." The young female stated before turning in her heels to her brother. Who's face remainded hidden as well. He bowed before Shizuka one last time before leaving the room with his sister in tow. Allowing Shizuka and Sesshomaru time. Time the two desperately wished to make up for and share with one another.

It was then that Sesshomaru wrapped his arms around his beloved, leaving a trail of kisses down her neck as he whispered "Now let us celebrate the return of my mate." Sesshomaru stated as Shizuka smiled at him once more enjoying to feel of his hands upon her once more. "Yes, lets."Shizuka whispered as the two lovers gazed upon eachother once more. The desire within one another reaching its peak as Sesshomaru slowly began to remove Shizuka's kimono. Wishing to become one with her once again, to feel whole and alive. To no longer feel the pain of loss, but now rejoice in the gift of her return.

Shizuka peered towards Sesshomaru sensing the emotions dwelling within him. Struggling to reach the surface and breathe. Caressing his cheek gently Shizuka kissed Sesshomaru feeling the passion that had been awaiting her return spike up. To the point that Sesshomaru had already picked the maiden up in his arms. Her legs wrapped around his waist as the two continued their steamy kiss. Without breaking the kiss Sesshomaru pressed Shizuka against the wall, their bodies already glistening with sweat due to their activities. Sesshomaru eventually broke the kiss, his gaze upon Shizuka's who refused to look away. Afraid if she did so he would disappear and once again Shizuka would find herself in that dark void once more.

Blinking away her own tears Sesshomaru kissed them away, one hand supporting her while the other gripped onto her wrist. " I love you." Sesshomaru whispered into her ear, causing Shizuka to stare in utter shock at Sesshomaru. She knew his feelings for her yes, but never had he dared to say it. In fear of seeming weak to those around him. But now it seemed as if their opinions didn't matter, all that did was Shizuka. Unable to stop her tears of joy Shizuka smiled even through her tears. Hugging Sesshomaru tightly as she answered her beloved mate's sweet words. " I love you too."