The Demonic Encounter

Elsewhere laying comfortably in a simple futon lay little Rin,whom slowly began to awaken from her blissful sleep. She groaned in her sleep,mumbling a word she had yet to speak in years since her revival by Tenseiga. "Mom." Rin was calling for her mother who she knew had passed many years ago in her village due to a ruthless attack by wolf demons. Little Rin knew she was gone forever,this she knew. But there was something about Shizuka that stirred hidden emotions within her. Longing.

Rin longed for her mother's soothing words, and gentle touch. She craved to be held and told how good of a girl she was. But she knew this was impossible. Quietly Rin began to sob in her sleep,catching the attention of a certain demon who was just about on his way to return to her and Jaken.

The handsome demon effortlessly soared through the sky. Using his heightened senses to quickly pinpoint the distraught Rin's location. Already the handsome demon was quite irritated as he realized that Jaken's scent was no where near Rin's whatsoever. He released an irritated growl before spotting the remnants of a village in flames. Watching as the flames crackled and licked at the standing huts and the lifeless bodies that littered the ground below.

Already the handsome demon could smell the putrid odor of rotten and burning flesh lingering in his nostrils. He sighed before lowering himself at the center of the dangerous flames, watching as the angry flames seemed to dodge his powerful figure. He blaintly ignored the cries of help from the remaining villagers before making his to the source of Rin's scent. Which seemed to coming from a small hut tucked in the far corner of the burning village.

The handsome demon released a sigh in relief realizing Rin was safe before walking towards the small hut but was soon forced at bay by a strange flicking silver barrier which seemed to surround the entire hut. This caught his interest finding it intriguing that the barrier appeared to be quite similar to a priestess's barrier. Was their a priestess nearby? And did she create this barrier to protect Rin from the flames?

The demon took anther step towards the barrier,extending his right hand forward. Watching as the barrier crackled under his demonic touch scorching his very fingertips. The handsome demon eyed the barrier,thinking to himself that it would be best for Rin to remain in the barrier abit more before deciding to explore the village in search for the source of the barrier. But he was not expecting to find the body of a human woman huddled on the ground. Sobbing ever so loudly into the crisp night air.

Upon hearing his footsteps the woman quickly turned,her long flowing starless hair following her every movement as her tear filled emerald eyes landed on the handsome demon. She stifled back a gasp at the sight of the handsome demon. He was fairly tall,with a flawless pale complexion,and striking gold eyes which startled the woman to no end. She couldn't help but to picture herself staring into those aimless orbs. The woman also noticed the demon's long flowing white hair,and common trait that dog demons seemed to have.

The woman swallowed a huge lump in her throat,watching as the demon walked over to her weakened form. "Are you the priestess of this village?"He questioned,his tone stone cold as he spoke to the woman. The woman hesitantly shook her head towards the handsome demon before answering."No...their is no priestess here." Her words almost equally mimicking his coldness.

The handsome demon's cold gaze only seemed to harden as he examined the human woman. He noticed how the strange silver aura continued to drape over her body. Yet she claimed she was no priestess. Who or more exactly what is this woman? Her aura is not of a human nor demon he had ever come across. In fact her aura imitated the strength of something the handsome demon had only heard of in legends. Celestials.

It was similar yes,but something was a bit off about her aura. Something just didn't sit right with him. "You are no priestess yet you are the source of barrier."The demon pointed out as the once sobbing woman who slowly rose to her feet. It was the first time that the handsome demon got a really good look at the woman.

She was as normal human women were,except for deathly pale skin which seemed to indicate how frail she truly was. Yet if she was frail the woman never acted like it. She was a petite built woman with long flowing raven hair which enhanced her deathly beauty. Her dull emerald eyes seemed to bore into the handsome demon's very own which surprised him. He watched as her emerald gaze seemed to linger on him. Almost as if he was being examine by the human woman.

"Yes. It appears that I am the source of the barrier. "Shizuka agreed her cold eyes lingering on the handsome demon's. "Then what are you?"The demon spat in an irritated manner as the woman known as Shizuka turned away from him whispering "I don't know. "She breathed.