The First Phase

After enlisting the help of priests and priestesses, Shizuka immediately retired to her chambers. Fatigue hitting her like a ton of bricks as she doubled over the side of the bed in pain. Dry heaving till she felt as if she werre nearly about to collapse. Gripping onto her swollen stomach that was now the size of a watermelon. Blinking back tears of pain Shizuka called out for her beloved who almost in a mere instant appeared by her side. Coaxing her to the bedside,all the while gently pressing his clawed hand against her belly. "I-Its coming soon." Shizuka breathed, her forehead coated in a layer of sweat. As Sesshomaru gently pulled her clammy body onto the bed, properly sitting her up among the many many pillows he had in the bed. In hopes it would soothe her labor pains. Resting her head upon the mounds of pillows, Sesshomaru called for one of the priestesses whom had training as a mid wife in her village.

Introducing herself as Ayane,the woman entered the room. Beginning to immediately examine Shizuka's body. Coming to the conclusion that Shizuka was indeed going into labor. "  All the wards have been set up for the delivery, however the child is coming quite fast. Faster than usual." Ayane informed the two soon to be parents causing great concern to be evident in Shizuka's gaze. "Is that normal?" She questioned as a sudden wave of pain spread throughout Shizuka's body causing her to lurch her body upwards and cry out in pain. Tears escaped Shizuka's eyes as she tried her best to hold back her sobs of pain but was unsuccessful as Sesshomaru himself grew even more agitated at her painfilled expression.

Gritting his teeth Sesshomaru barked for the priestess to answer Shizuka. Startling the young priestess as she struggled with her words. Trying ger best to stay calm despite sensing the demonic aura oozing from Sesshomaru's very pores. " N-Normally no but y-your case is vastly different. Not a human child but...something else. These symtons could be normal but only time will tell." Ayane muttered as she dabbed a cool washcloth on Shizuka's forhead. Hoping to soothe the troubled maiden's mind but it did little good. Slowly turning her head towards Sesshomaru, Shizuka flashed a weak smile towards her love. "I-Ill be alright, I promise. The pain...will slowly subside..."Shizuka breathed as both Ayane and Sesshomaru sighed in relief. All the while the young priestess began her preparations for the delivery of the child. Reminding Sesshomaru of the moonless night soon to come. "We will need all those willing to fight on the front lines. Including yourself My Lord." Ayane pointed out as a sudden emotion flashed within Shizuka's eyes. Fear.

Fear of being left behind by him. Unable to see him, aid him in this battke despite her weakened form. Shizuka wished to fight beside him, to prove her worth. For even now she did not wish to be a burden on Sesshomaru and that was something she truly feared above all else. Being his weakness. A loophole for someone to take advantage of Sesshomaru and use her against him. Reaching her hand out Shizuka gripped onto Sesshomaru's right arm,tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. "N-No-!" Shizuka cried out, her sobs swelling within her making quite difficult for Sesshomaru to bear.

"Please don't go- stay with me. I beg of you." Shizuka pleaded her voice so feeble it startled Sesshomaru to see her in such a state. This woman. No his woman is such a state. For Shizuka was always a strong woman. One who strove to be Sesshomaru's equal. Not only in beauty but also power and yet here she stood. Tears in her eyes begging for him to stay with her. It only showed Sesshomaru that anyone could be weak,not just humans. But Celestial Beings and maybe...even himself. Kneeling down beside Shizuka, Sesshomaru planted a small kiss on her forehead ceasing all her tears to flow. "Its alright, I will return to you and our child. I swear to you." Sesshomaru stated as he gently caressed her warm cheek soothing her rapid beating heart. "You better." Shizuka breathed causing a brief smirk to appear on Sesshomaru's lips.

Rising to his feet once more Sesshomaru prepared to join the battle, all the while peering out towards the sky. Watching as the sun slowly began to set, the sky becoming lovely hues of orange,and red symbolizing the beginning of one of the most important battles Sesshomaru has ever faced. "Seal this door, Priestess. No one is to enter except myself." Sesshomaru ordered as Ayane immediately nodded beginning to chant a mantra in order to harness her spiritual power. Only to be interrupted by Rin. Who appeared in the doorway.

Smiling widely Rin skipped into the room, taking her place at Shizuka's bedside. Stating she would not leave her "Okasan" alone. Nodding at the small child's determination Sesshomaru stepped out of the room. Watching as a talisman was placed upon the door, giving off quite Bit of spiritual power which would be able to keep any unwelcome guests at bay. Turning his attention outside, Sesshomaru stood at the front lines where at least 20 priests and priestesses stood prepared to give their very lives for the "Miracle Child". And Sesshomaru was no different.

Standing his ground Sesshomaru could feel the sudden tension in the air. As the time for his child's birth drew near the true dangers of this would began to make themselves known. Yokai. Pitiful yokai who dared to enter Sesshomaru's domain and that was something Sesshomaru could not forgive. So disrespectful it was simply unnerving. Already Sesshomaru could sense hundreds and hundreds of separate demonic aura drawning near. Lured by the scent and desire to devour what was rightfully his no doubt. But they would never get within eye shot of Shizuka. That was a promise. For Sesshomaru would strike them down where they stood without even batting an eyelash. For his land. For his woman. For his family.

Perhaps this is what his father meant by having "something to protect". Something that would drive him far beyond his limit. Giving him nearly limitless power when pushed pass those boundaries. Yes, for even as he stood prepared to give his very life for another. Sesshomaru could sense the sudden change within himself. Power swelling within him like a tornado, threatening to rip his very body into shreds if not managed carefully. Taking a deep breathe Sesshomaru peered towards Shizuka's room wishing he could be at her side as she wished. But knew he could not for he was needed more on the battlefield. Because he knew one of the most dangerous yokai would soon come. And he would be ready for that pitiful monstrosity.

Naraku. One of the most disgusting creatures to ever roam the land. And Sesshomaru knew that yokai was simply biding his time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to sink hands into Shizuka and most of all his child. But Sesshomaru was more than prepared he was sure of this. Naraku would not stand a chance here tonight. Even with that corrupted Celestial Maiden Shinimi at his side. They were nothing. Mere insects that needed to be squashed. Now more than ever.