Undead Message

The sky was filled with soft hues of orange and pink, as the day drew to a close. Despite the short time on the road, Hisuri along with Inuyasha and his gang had traversed quite a distance. Nearing the borderlands of Southern territory before the sun was lost to them. Wishing not to waste time Hisuri continued to follow the scent of the enemy, soon stopping at the border of the land. Suddenly picking up another scent. One of death and graveyard soil. Hisuri opened her mouth to speak, hoping to alert Inuyasha of her findings. But there was no need, for the look in Inuyasha's was that of familiarity and concern. Inuyasha immediately took off far off into the distance, leaving Sango, Miroku, and Kagome in the clearing.

Hisuri went to Kagome's side, sensing the hint off resentment and sorrow within the young woman's soul. For Kagome's gaze was downcast, and her right hand clutched onto her chest. As if she were in great pain. Deciding it was best not to speak to her at this fragile time; Hisuri turned her attention to Sango and the others. Hoping to get information on why exactly her uncle ran off and the tense  air about them. "That would be Lady Kikyo." Miroku began drawing Hisuri's interest even more. "Lady Kikyo? The one my father spoke of?" "Sesshomaru told you about her?" Sango questioned earning an immediate nod from Hisuri. "Yes, he spoke of a woman with incredible spiritual power. The very woman who  was entrusted the Shikon Jewel to." Hisuri began as Miroku commented how surprised he was to hear her knowledge on the subject. "Yes well Lady Kikyo and Kagome share the same soul. And 50 years ago Lady Kikyo shot an arrow and impaled Inuyasha to the Sacred Tree. Then years pass by and Kagome stumbled into our time through the Bone Eaters Well." "But that's not all! Kagome and Kikyo look identical!" Shippo pointed out causing Hisuri to go wide eyed in disbelief.

"Kikyo still roams the earth surviving with the souls of the Dead. But Inuyasha—" Miroku began as Hisuri understood the situation,her yes landing on the sorrowful Kagome. "He loves them both. Kikyo and Kagome."She finished as Sango nodded with a deep sigh. "It's really hard for Kagome, she know she can never ask Inuyasha to forget about Kikyo. But at the same time she is dead and Kagome she—she doesn't deserve this." Sango stated in a sad manner. "I see,I can't imagine how Kagome feels." Hisuri whispered as she turned her attention back to the forest where Inuyasha had taken off into. Still able to smell the graveyard soil on the air.

"I'm going after him." Hisuri informed the group as Kagome took charge. Stepping forward before Hisuri asking to come with her. Hisuri then flashed Kagome a comforting smile, all the while extending her hand for the troubled maiden. "You can do this Kagome." Hisuri affirmed as the two women carefully made their way through the thick forest before them. Hisuri continuing to lead the way with her keen sense of smell into a dark clearing. Where strange yokai which appeared to be white snakes circled the area. Each of these creatures carrying a glowing soul of the departed. Upon seeing this Kagome tensed up, knowing that they were close. The young girl hesitated, unsure if she truly wished to see what was beyond. Knowing what was there would indeed hurt her greatly. But Kagome continued with the urge of Hisuri only to see Inuyasha; intertwined in the arms of a woman Kagome knew all too well. Kikyo. The Undead Priestess. She clung onto Inuyasha, digging her face into the crook of his neck. While Inuyasha held her, a sense of serenity overcoming his features. He was truly at peace with the dead woman. Which greatly confused Hisuri.

"Kikyo, what are you doing here?" Inuyasha questioned as the woman before him parted ways. Her gaze turned towards the black sky above. "War has come to the Southern Lands, the bloodshed has brought me here. Along with the demonic aura of Naraku and the Shikon Jewel." "Your heading to the Southern Lands too?" "Yes, I'm sure battle will effect the nearby villages. It is my duty as a Priestess to aid them." Kikyo stated as Inuyasha averted his gaze to the ground. Disliking Kikyo's decision one bit. "No, it's too dangerous for you. Kikyo—please." Inuyasha pleaded as the harsh gaze of Kikyo softened. "I see, I still have a place in your heart. I am overjoyed Inuyasha." Kikyo began as she turned her back to Inuyasha; her gaze turned towards Hisuri and Kagome nearby. A smug smirk appearing upon Kikyo's featured as she spoke"But your concern is not needed. I will face Naraku myself and will end him." Kikyo informed once more, her gaze hard upon Inuyasha who shuddered. "Kikyo—" "You have someone who needs your protection. Not me." Her words targeted to Kagome who through her own tears ran away from the scene. Earning the concern of Inuyasha who had finally caught her scent. But was stopped by Hisuri who stood before him. Eying the suspicious Kikyo nearby. "She needs time Ojisan." Hisuri said as she continued to eye the undead priestess who examined her from head to toe.

"You—"Kikyo began as she drew near towards Hisuri. Sensing the mass of Divine and Demonic aura oozing off Lady Hisuri. Never once witnessing anything like Hisuri in her life. "I've never seen anyone quite like you. Your aura is a clash of entities. Fighting for dominance." Kikyo recited as her hands reached for Hisuri's clutching them tightly. Feeling the rush of energy fill the dead woman with newfound energy and life. Life she had never felt since she took a first breathe into this world long ago. Kikyo gazed upon Hisuri, witnessing the silver flames erupt behind Hisuri. Dancing about her with such ferocity Kikyo felt as if she were be swallowed whole if not for Hisuri's control. For in Hisuri's eyes Kikyo saw the world itself. A mass of people of all ages bowing before the dazzling creature before her. Her weapon held high over her head in triumph as the people cheered her name. The world was her, it would be hers. Kikyo saw this and she knew what she had to do. She must aid Hisuri, this she knew.

"I see you, what you will be. And I will act accordingly." Kikyo said slowly retracting her now warm hands of Hisuri. Inuyasha watched in confusion as Kikyo spoke. "I have heard of a plot against the Lord of the Western Lands. From what I have been told by villagers; an army of yokai is being created. With Gin Lord of the Southern Lands leading the charge." Upon hearing this Hisuri's heart sank. Her family was in more danger than she realized. Time was even more dire as she cursed. "What else do you know?" Hisuri barked. "I also sensed the Shikon Jewel nearby and a strange aura I have never come across." Kikyo informed as Inuyasha spoke up. "What did he look like?" "I didn't see him. Merely felt his aura. He is not too far from the border of the Southern Lands. But if you travel further inside prepare to face yokai guarding the Lands." Kikyo said before releasing a sigh, stating it was time she took her leave. Even to Inuyasha's protest, she could not remain. "We will meet again Inuyasha." With this the Undead Woman took her leave. Dissapearing in a thick mist with her soul collectors not too far behind.

Absorbing all the information she had received Hisuri bit her bottom lip. Barking at Inuyasha to inform the others of where they would be heading to. Before Hisuri herself took off into the direction Kikyo had given them. Though with Inuyasha screaming behind her; it didn't matter. She would end this. All of this, and strike the yokai down who dared attack her family.