Echos

Toxic flames soaked the earth and air about, bodies of both human and yokai tumbled to the ground. Their bodies lifeless, turning to nothing but none upon contact with the earth below. Children cried out for their mothers, seeking refuge. But only met death. Hearing their shrieks wracked Hisuri with grief, and yet it filled her with strength. Through clenched teeth, she released a loud battle cry into the air. Her blade forcing Yoru at bay, his sinister flames whipping around him violently. While the Hisuri's own silver flames thrashed about. Latching onto the sinister flames of darkness. Snuffing them out though with great difficulty. Yet even so Hisuri was at a disadvantage. For the miasma forever grew, invading her keen senses. Hisuri coughed violently,right hand clasped upon her face. But it was to no avail, Hisuri felt it. The toxins coursing through her veins, slowing her movements. Dulling her once keen senses, as even Hisuri's own vision began to blur.

Cursing Yoru's name into existence, Hisuri fell to her knees. Her body visibly trembling, as strange purple welts spread across her body. Aching horribly and causing a burning sensation unlike any she had ever felt. Hisuri cried out in anguish, the welts increasing their hold on her body soon taking the shape of a spider. It's many legs stretched across Hisuri's body in a grotesque manner. Causing Yoru to cackle manically into the air. For he had won. He would fullfil the final request left to him by his mother; Shinimi. Ensure her ressurection no matter the cost. With this Yoru appeared before Hisuri in the blink of an eye. Alarming the weakened Hisuri who still held onto her katana. She flimsily waved the sharp weapon at her assailant. Earning only the bones in her hands shattered at her endeavour. Through her tears Hisuri's blood boiled, her body feeling as if it would soon burst into flames. But she held it at bay,bid her destructive power to cease it's constant wails. She could do this on her own. She did not need the blood of her father nor her mother to accomplish this. Hisuri believed in herself,but now looking death in the eye. She found herself second guessing her decision. Perhaps she was not strong enough. Maybe she was not as capable as she believed. Was it all a ruse? Would Hisuri always be in the comforting yet looming shadow of her father. Being only at his coat tails? Wishing to be realized, to be seen. To be better, stronger than him.

Gritting her teeth Hisuri released tears of frustration into the air as Yoru roughly grabbed Hisuri by the back of the neck. Forcing her to stare up towards his deranged expression. Watching as her own silver flames were consumed into his, raging. And spreading his horrid stench and influence across the entire lands. And Hisuri was under his thumb. Fear made itself known to Hisuri as Yoru began to speak. Seeming to be calling for someone. Someone who had died. A person that Hisuri herself had slain. And he intended to call her from the grave, using Hisuri as a living catalyst.
"N-No! You can't! You can't!"Hisuri cried out, struggling against Yoru's iron clad grip as he continued his beckoning. "Return to me, mother! And take what was always meant to be yours!" With this a loud thunderstorm raged outside, lightning streaming across the dark skies. Raining the fury of the heavens upon the Realm of Men. Seeming to be a punishment for daring to fool them. As if they would not know Yoru's plan. To bring Shinimi back into the realm again would reign destruction upon mankind, yokai and God alike. She could not be allowed to breathe.

Soon as if answering the rolling storms above the earth below the castle fell apart. Crumbling to the depths below, along with the bodies of many fallen humans. Whom were unfortunate to have been caught up in such destruction. But their lives would serve a purpose. One that even Souma and Sesshomaru could see from the comforts of the "Western Lands". It was there that the two men witnessed the very Underworld open it's mouth. Something that alarmed Sesshomaru as he demanded the holymen and women to increase their  spiritual power. "No one leaves the barrier, unless you wish to face death." Sesshomaru informed his son who exclaimed that Hisuri and Narize were out there somewhere. "Father—i must go." "You will not." Sesshomaru spat. Refusing to meet his son's gaze as Lady Shouko continued to tend to the pregnant and weak Shizuka.

Some sense had returned to her, but she was deeply fragile and unwell. She had attempted to step out of bed days prior only to have a broken ligament in her leg as a reward. His beloved was fading fast, and Sesshomaru was deeply crushed. Believing it was all his fault, for his carelessness. He would not only lose his mate, but their daughter as well. "Why father?! Surely my blood as your son will protect me. I am not of weak nature. And wether you allow me to or not I will rescue my sister." Souma stated proudly, standing before his father. Their amber orbs boring into one another,searching for any shred of weakness. "This responsibility is not yours alone father." Souma continued as Sesshomaru sighed knowing his son. What he spoke was indeed truth but he was concerned for his family.

"I will return father, Hisuri and I are unstoppable together." "Do not let past victories cloud your judgement. This is far more than a simple battle my son." "Which is why you need you General and Tactician on the front lines. We can handle this, divided we are few. Together we are many. Hisuri and I will not fail." Souma declared with confidence turning his attention to his Grandmother, Lady Shouko who nodded at the boy's proclamation. "He speaks the truth Sesshomaru, the Prophesized Saivors not only share their strength but a single soul. Seperation for long periods is death to them. Let him go. And Shizuka will live, along with your future child." Lady Shouko informed, placing hand comforting hand upon Sesshomaru and Souma's shoulders. It was rare gesture for the "Celestial Queen" to show such kindness to wards them so openly.

"Swear that you will return to me,son." Sesshomaru breathed, his request shocking his son. Who had only seen his father like this rarely. With that Souma smiled reassuringly towards Sesshomaru. "You have my word father. " Hearing that Sesshomaru released a heavy sigh, agreeing to the terms set before him. Souma would leave the safety of the Western Lands to save Hisuri and Narize. He only prayed his children and family would remain whole once more.