Weeping Darkness

With her body trembling due to the immense strain she was under, Shizuka slumped to her knees. Gripping onto her son, as her now gold blood dyed her clothes and the ground its brilliant hue. Yet even through her pain Shizuka sought to free Rin. Turning her emerald gaze to the small child who's own body began to shake. Shizuka gasped as Rin pulled at her own hair all the while screaming at the very top of her lungs. Her shrill cry echoing throughout the room as Rin herself extended her tiny hand towards Shizuka. Tears rolling down those tiny cheeks as she called out "O-Okasan!" Snapping Shizuka back to reality, the fallen maiden struggled to rise to her feet. Refusing to leave Rin behind. She was family, her sweet little girl and she was not going anywhere. Not without her. "I-I'm here for you Rin, I'm not going anywhere." Shizuka declared as her own gold covered hand made contact with Rin's small one. Bringing even more tears to the small girl's eyes as she called for her mother once more. But was silenced by a familar cackle which sent shivers down Shizuka's spine.

"Now, now don't be too hard on her Shizuka. She couldn't say no to me." The voice mocked as Shizuka's very blood seemed to run cold in her veins at the mere sound of the perpetrator. She knew this voice, infact she recalled that very voice mocking her the very same. Filled with utter hatred for Shizuka amd for reasons that Shizuka had no power over. And yet she earned the person's disdain. With her heart beating rapidly in her chest Shizuka noticed the swirling demonic aura around Rin beginning to ripple throughout the room. Causing the very ground Shizuka stood on to tremble. Normally Shizuka would be able to stand before aura such as this with no problem. But that was not the case. Not tonight. Not now. For Shizuka was no longer the impervious, immortal being she once was. No. Now she was simply a human woman.

A mother who swore she would protect her children no matter the cost. Even if it meant facing her darkest fears. Tucking her sweet son into the blanket which held him in its warmth. Shizuka's grip on the babe tightened as she braced for thr oncoming ripples of demonic aura soon to come. But it did little good as being near the demonic aura caused sharp waves of pain to rush through Shizuka's body. Nausea was soon to follow along with lightheadedness which caused Shizuka to stumble to her knees. Gasping for air all the while praying for this horrid night to end.

"Look at you Shizuka, see how far you've fallen. Now your one of these filthy beasts." The voice commented in annoyance as Rin released another shrill cry into the air. Screaming Shizuka's name as the source of the curse which lie in her neck began to pulsate and burn with power. So much that Rin could have sworn her very flesh was burning, crying out once more for Shizuka. Shizuka crawled over to the trembling Rin, violent aura whipping about the room. Slicing Shizuka up quite nicely but not enough for her to stop. Gritting her teeth Shizuka now mere centimeters from Rin abruptly wrapped the child in an embrace. Careful not to harm the newborn she held. "Its okay, Okasan is here. And in not going anywhere." Shizuka informed the sobbing Rin who gripped onto Shizuka tightly, her tears continuing to flow.

After a few moments Rin became eerily silent, the small child peered up towards Shizuka. Who was hopeful that she had gotten through to Rin smiled warmly towards her. Welcoming her once again. But deep down Shizuka could feel it, she could the horrid sense of unrest. That this battle of wills was not over. And in fact Shizuka might have just lost. Carefully Shizuka placed the sleeping newborn on the bed beside her. In reach of her incase anything happened. Shizuka turned towards Rin bidding her to look her in the eye. But instead Rin erupted into cackles her erratic laughing so unbecoming of her Shizuka knew this was not the Rin she once knew. For Rin's eyes were void of any emotion alone from fear. As tears continued to spew down her cheeks. It was then that Run crackled a sinister smile that sent chills down Shizuka's spine before the child muttered "We will be together Okasan-" Rin began as her small hand reached out to touch Shizuka's cheek. Startling the mother with how cold her touch seemed to be. Yet Rin continued to smile her full gaze filling Shizuka completely, causing her own body to become rigid. Refusing to follow her simple commands. Get away. Run.

Blinking away tears of her own Shizuka felt a blade seep into her flesh, burning everything it touched. Shizuka gasped unable to comprehend what had happened. Peering down towards Rin's tiny hands which held the crimson covered blade firmly yet with trembling hands. For tears never ceased from Rin as she continued to sob crying out as the blade lodged itself even more into Shizuka. Causing a fairly large spurt of blood to rise from her body, splattering across the floor and ceiling around her. The blade soon become stuck completely in Shizuka's flesh increasing the amount of pain which slowly flooded through her. All the while Rin's tiny hands shook with fear at what she had just done. She screamed. She cried. She begged for forgiveness from woman she called mother. But there was no reason to.

For Shizuka was never angry at Rin. She could never be angry at her. In truth Shizuka was mad at herself. If only she had been stronger,if only Shizuka had reinforced her blessing on Rin. Then maybe,maybe none of this would have happened. Maybe sweet little Rin would still be the angel she always was. Reaching out Shizuka held onto Rin not caring about her injury, for she already felt her life leaving her swiftly. Shizuka knew her time was limited and this was no waste of her life. She would save her children. Even if she could no longer be by their sides after this night.

So with all the love Shizuka held within her being she held onto her daughter. Rocking her small form in Shizuka's bloody arms causing Rin to shed even more tears. "I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry Oka-" But she was quickly shushed by Shizuka who reasurred her all was well. "Its alright, Okasan isn't mad at you. You did nothing wrong, the fault....was mine and mine alone." Shizuka whispered her voice failing her along with her now blurred sight. Before she coule do anything Shizuka slumped against Rin whom cried begging her to stay awake. To stay with her. Strugfling to push her on her back Rin pressed her tiny hands against the blade in Shizuka trying to pull it out but was stopped by Shizuka.

"Its too late for me Rin. Please...." Shizuka began before turning her attention to the slumbering infant on the bed. She extended her hands for the child, as Rin nearly slipping in the pool of crimson held onto the sleeping boy. Peering down towards his tiny firm. For her was not even bigger than a loaf of bread. So small, so fragile. Kneeling down before Shizuka,Rin held the boy out for Shizuka. Who wished nothing more than to hold her son one final time. Yet a sudden set of arms swiped thw boy from Rin's grasp. Causing great panic in Shizuka as she made eye contact with the culprit.

For it was none other than Princess Shinimi. She slowly emerged from the shadows,dressed in fine long flowing dark purple and white robes. She was indeed a beauty like her mother and younger sister. Her slender fingers holding the prophesied infant whom all coveted. Smirking at her handiwork Shinimi couldmt help but to smile at her sister's pitiful form. Covered in crimson from head to toe due to the crimes Shinimi swore she had committed against her. "Well now sister, who has the power now?" She mocked as Shizuka coughed violently her hands to reaching out for her son whom she felt was in harms way.

Yet despite the danger it was Rin herself that dared to stand against Rin. But to Shizuka's sadness as Rin was easily knocked unconscious, unfazing the corrupted Celestial being Shizuka called sister. " Foolish child, but then again she isnt the only foolish one." Shinimi stated as she peered down towards the sleeping infant her hatred for his mother seeming to boil over. "You are foolish as well. To think you could take everything from me." Shinimi began as she knelt down before Shizuka. Who struggled to remain conscious. Yet she spoke "P-Please....he's just a boy.." But her words fell on deaf ears as Shinimi gripped onto a dagger she held on her person. Smiling wickedly towards her victim "I swore to you I would kill you with my own hand." Shinimi began before swiftly plunging. The dagger into the already gaping wound multiple times she struck with a vengeance. Laughing maniacally as the blood continued to flow. Shizuka's body barely recognizable due to the horrendous torture she had been through. Yet Shizuka still hung on, gargling noises formed in her throat. As the weakened Shizuka began to choke on her own blood.

Fear in her eyes Shizuka blinked back tears as her breathing became quite weak. Almost nonexistent. And in her face was none other than Shinimi whom smiled relishing in her dream finally coming true. " With your blood spilt I will rule the Lands, using your own child as a vessel of destruction. Won't that be fun?" Shinimi mocked before slowly beginning to slice Shizuka's neck, blood curdling around the new exit all the while the light in Shizuka's once brilliant emerald eyes had faded and become empty. Satisfied with her demise Shinimi tossed Shizuka's body to the ground, leaving the once lovely maiden sprawled across the floor amid hwr own sea of red.

Her smirk never leaving Shinimi took her leave,holding onto the key to her future. Laughing manically Shinimi escaped the villa into the woods. Leaving a trail of crimson in her wake.