Dangers of a New Moon

Becoming more comfortable around Lord Sesshomaru,Shizuka soon found herself falling asleep next to him. Causing Sesshomaru to actually crack a smile for the woman. She recently tended to bring out the kindness in him. A kindness that Lord Sesshomaru was not too sure that he even held. There was something about Shizuka that simply made him want to be nice,but not nice to just anyone. But only nice to her. Because she was special, in someway. Sesshomaru couldn't help but to gaze upon Shizuka's peaceful sleeping form. He quite enjoyed watching her sleep,it was quite soothing for him. To see how carefree she appeared to be around him. Carefree and absolutely beautiful. Sesshomaru found himself reaching towards for the sleeping woman. Caressing her warm cheek,oh how warm she was. He had only had the luxury of holding her once before but this,this was different. He wanted her to welcome his touch,and most of all beg for it. Yet as he was enjoying his fleeting moment with the beautiful creature before him he sensed something.

A demonic aura which seemed to be fast approaching. Almost as if she too sensed the aura,Shizuka's emerald eyes opened and held a distressed look about them. "Someone's coming."Shizuka whispered before raising to her feet and immediately rushing to the sleeping Rin's side. "Shizuka!"Sesshomaru exclaimed causing Shizuka to turn her head to meet the angry gaze of a demon. Who's blood red eyes startled Shizuka. It's eyes were filled with blood lust. It wanted to end her,it wanted to slash through her and lick it's claws free of her blood.

Shizuka held her hands out upfront of her,expecting the barrier she always created to make itself known. But it didn't. She didn't have her power. And she couldn't use it. Which meant at that moment she was a weak human who was in grave danger. And so was Rin. Shizuka held Rin tightly in her arms,who awakened to the demon coming at them. Rin screamed for Lord Sesshomaru to save them. "Lord Sesshomaru!"Shizuka cried out as Sesshomaru bound into the air barring his claws before slashing through the demon,completely destroying it on impact.

Rin shielded her eyes from the mass amount of blood splattered around. Which stained Shizuka's white kimono. She turned towards Lord Sesshomaru who's claws were now stained with the blood of the demon he had slew. Shizuka quietly thanked him,though something was off. Where had he power gone? Was it because of the new moon? Had it taken her power? Just as the new moon had rumored to take half demons power? "We should leave now,it appears you are a target now."Sesshomaru stated before carefully hoisting Rin atop of Ah-Un. Shizuka opened her mouth to say something but was silenced as she too was placed ontop of Ah-Un. "Your words are not necessary. We will return to the castle tonight."Sesshomaru informed Shizuka before the group took off into the night sky. Leaving the bloody remains of the demon behind them.