Aftermath

With the previous night’s passionate haze still heavy in her mind,Shizuka groaned ever so slightly in her sleep. Feeling the satin sheets brush against her bare skin making her shudder at its sudden touch. The Celestial Maiden willed herself awake,her emerald green eyes scanning the room. Carefully Shizuka gripped onto the satin sheets,wrapping them firmly around her body. Before slipping out of the fairly large king size bed. Shizuka gripped her head as she struggled to recall the events of the night prior. And almost as if on que a flood of last night's events made themselves know to Shizuka. She recalled being upset,to the point that she was willing to give up her human like emotions. Just so that she wouldn't feel this way. And what way? So vulnerable. So weak like a mortal,it scared Shizuka. She didn't not welcome these fearful emotions. But because of fleeting moments she was allowed to feel the good and the bad. And the biggest good and bad in her life as of now was none other than the white haired Daiyokai. Sesshomaru.

Who continued to sleep soundly in the confines of his bed. His satin sheets heavy with the scent of sweat, and passion it was enough to get the sleeping yokai riled up even in his slumber. Yet when he was sleeping was when he was the most captivating to Shizuka. Sesshomaru’s handsome face  hand chiseled by the Gods themselves. While his bare and milky hue skin peeked from underneath the blankets. Giving Shizuka a small glance at the 6 pack the yokai had. Shizuka found herself biting her bottom lip in anticipation, hoping he would awaken this very moment and take her once again. Just looking at him made her core moisten and ache with need. But she couldnt,Shizuka couldn't fall down the dark rabbit hole once again. Not now. She had to know what this meant. What did she truly mean to Sesshomaru? Was she just one of his many concubines? Or was she something special? It would be a lie to say that Shizuka didn't wish to be something truly special to Sesshomaru. But she also knew it was alot to ask for. It was not the same as loving a mortal. Yes both forms of love were just as forbidden,but nothing was as foolish, as dangerous as loving a yokai.

Deep down Shizuka knew her people would frown upon her choice in love. But she didn't care,she wanted to be with him. Even if being near him threatened her very existence. Even if he turned on her and in the end devoured her. Shizuka knew above all that she couldn't hate him. He may hate himself,but she would always forgive him. A brief smile appeared in Shizuka’s lips before she casually slipped back into the bed. Reaching over to brush her fingertips against Sesshomaru’s cheek. But instead she was swept up into the strong yokai’s arms. Causing her to gasp in fright before instinctly wrapping her arms around his neck,gripping so tight that Shizuka could have sworn she had drawn blood. But he didn't seem to mind.

With ease Sesshomaru pinned the surprised Shizuka to the bed,peering into her entrancing green eyes. Almost at a lost for words the moment their eyes made contact,Sesshomaru swallowed a lump in his throat. Which told Shizuka one thing. He was nervous around her,and she liked it. She had an effect on the cool headed demon,and Shizuka knew she could have so much fun with this but of information. “Cat got your tongue?”Shizuka teased with an evident smirk,which almost drove the strong yokai over the edge. “Never.”Sesshomaru whispered,his voice filled with another emotion Shizuka was not too familiar with. Desire. He wanted her.

Sesshomaru wished nothing more than to feel Shizuka shudder beneath him in pleasure. To watch her usual melancholy expression turn to that of an ordinary woman in pure pleasure. He wanted to see that side of her,the side that was more...more human. The side of Shizuka that would bend before him and allow him to have his way with her. Subconsciously Sesshomaru couldn't help but to bite his bottom lip at the sprawled goddess before him,as he pressed his lips hungrily against her awaiting ones. Almost immediately Shizuka wrapped her pale thighs around his waist,forcing the demon closer to her. And ultimately deepening the kiss. Their tongues wrestling for dominance as Sesshomaru with ease wrapped his arms around Shizuka’s waist. Forcing her to sit upwards with her arms around his neck. Moans erupted from Shizuka who continued to hungrily kiss Sesshomaru. Wishing this moment would indeed last forever.

Yet regretfully the moment had to come to an end. Slowly Sesshomaru pulled away from Shizuka’s tender lips all the while smirking at his handiwork on her neck. Where tucked almost out of sight was a fresh bite mark that Sesshomaru had purposely placed upon her. And Shizuka knew why. Noticing his gaze Shizuka brushed her fingertips against the sudden tear in her flesh. All the while eyeing the Daiyokai in both concern and confusion. “You bit me.”Shizuka muttered as her fingers continued to graze the delicate flesh. “Why?”Shizuka questioned him,causing the great Sesshomaru to think for a moment. He wanted to say it,to tell her how she truly made him feel. And why he marked her. But would it be a sign of weakness? Is it weakness for someone such as him to admit love for someone?

Noticing his hesitation with his words Shizuka became quite flustered. But her overall anxiety quickly vanished as she thought of the worst case scenario. What if Sesshomaru’s words last night were all lies? What if last night meant absolutely nothing to him? What if he had used her in order to gain abit of divine power from Shizuka? Could she have been so foolish? Foolish to believe that anyone could love her let alone someone like Sesshomaru. Suddenly Shizuka’s grip on Sesshomaru lessened to nothing,and he watched her crawl out of his large bed with the satin sheets wrapped around her illuminating form. Ever since last night she seemed more beautiful then ever,but the closer Sesshomaru looked at her. The more he realized that something was wrong.

She had all of a sudden become so detached from him,almost as if she no longer wanted to be near him. Was she disgusted by what they had done last night? Or was it something else? Shizuka gripped onto the sheets tightly before making her way to the door. Her back facing the Daiyokai. “It doesn't matter if it meant nothing to you. After all,we're from different worlds you and i.”Shizuka began before turning her head towards Sesshomaru. Only to show him the tears which slowly began to creep down her cheeks. “Like I said before I am the poison in your life. Your weakness-”Shizuka began,her words cutting through Sesshomaru like a knife, but she wasn't finished yet. There was one final thing she had to get off her chest. Something she desperately needed to say and something Sesshomaru really needed to know.

“But know that even if you cannot love me, I will always love you even when you cannot love yourself.”Shizuka stated,her words echoing through the entire room,silencing Sesshomaru who tried so hard to say something but he could not. But why? Was he petrified by the fear of being loved and loving someone else? Or was it the look of betrayal in Shizuka’s eyes? With tears in her eyes Shizuka ran out of the room,leaving a contemplating Sesshomaru in her wake. What had he done? And how could he fix it?