One Last Thing

The still frazzled Shizuka gently tucked the unconscious Rin within her bed. Careful to plant a warm kiss on the child's head. For the fear of never seeing her sweet face seemed to become even more clear to Shizuka. This could be the final time she would hold her sweet daughter. And it brought her near tears. Forcing back this hurricane of emotions Shizuka closed her eyes,for if this was the last time she would see Rin. She would not leave her unprotected. Reaching deep within the very confines of her being Shizuka gripped onto the brimming power within herself. Willing it to take form Shizuka watched as the boundless silver aura began to twist around her body.

Giving Shizuka an almost ghost like beauty appearence from those around her. Collecting Abit of the aura in her hands Shizuka whispered a simple command. A command that was forever embedded within her very soul from that very moment. "Protect her." With those words the silver aura immediately spread throughout the room. Centering itself around the sleeping Rin. The aura slowly began to seep into Rin's very body. Doing as it's master had commanded. It would do as she wished. Protect the girl,but from within. A place where those who wished harm upon Rin would not consider. And it was genius. As the aura began to spread itself through Rin's tiny form,her body began to give off a dim silver glow identical to Shizuka herself. Yet as quickly as the light came it vanished deep within Rin. Forever in a slumber into the time was right.

Knowing that she had given Rin all the protection she needed,Shizuka quietly began to leave the room. Only to meet the amber orbs of Sesshomaru who seemed to have been there the entire time. Shizuka averted her gaze to the ground,her heart pounding loudly in her chest at just the mere sight of him. Yet even though she refused to meet his gaze, Sesshomaru sensed something wrong Sesshomaru bid Shizuka to follow him. "Come with me." He stated,all the while Shizuka couldn't help but to feel herself once again drawn towards the dangerous amber eyes demon.

Unable to refuse him Shizuka silently followed Sesshomaru to his room. It had been awhile since she has been in his private quarters. Yet Shizuka could still remember her times within these walls. The mounds of twisted silk sheets at the foot of the bed. The many claw marks within the very mattress of the bed almost slicing the bed in half. Shizuka could already feel herself becoming Abit heated at her lustful thoughts and struggled not to show what she was truly thinking. "Alot has happened to you lately,how are you handling all this?"Sesshomaru questioned which stunned Shizuka,he had never been so direct about getting down to what was wrong with her. It almost made her smile and clutch her slow growing belly. But she refused the urge,she would not show that side of her. She would keep this secret for as long as she could and deal with it then.

"I'm as well as I ever could be. We will return to the Moon tomorrow night and...."Shizuka began her voice choking out as tears cascaded down her cheeks. She couldn't hide it not to him. She couldn't hide what she was truly feeling inside. The fear of never returning to this land. The very thought swallowing Shizuka whole. For she knew of her mother bid her to stay on the Moon she would have no choice. She would have to forever remain on the moon,away from Rin and away from him. And that was something that Shizuka could not bear. Noticing the turmoil within her Sesshomaru did not hesitate to console her. In one swift moment he held Shizuka close to him. One arm wrapped firmly around her waist while the other was busy playing with her hair.

"No matter the outcome,know this Shizuka."Sesshomaru spoke her name sounding so natural coming from his lips so much that it seemed to please them both. "You are no ordinary woman. You are my woman,and I am yours."He whispered causing Shizuka to gasp at his words. She has never heard him admit it like this before and it was quite moving. "Sesshomaru i-" "I know you cannot answer me now, and I know we cannot show our affection for one another around them."Sesshomaru breathed,Shizuka couldn't even fathom how he knew nor did she care. "That isn't all...if my mother wishes for me to stay on the moon then I must. I will never be able to return here with you again....or see you ever."Shizuka muttered through her quiet sobs. Sesshomaru held onto her before stating "If that's the case then we will convince your mother otherwise. I will not leave you behind."Sesshomaru declared bringing a smile to Shizuka's face that he hadn't seen in forever. "Then when we return,I will give you my answer." Shizuka whispered,her lips drawing closer to Sesshomaru's.

Biting his bottom lip Sesshomaru brought Shizuka into a passionate and demanding kiss. Their tongues wrestling for dominance in the flow of the moonlight. Slowly Shizuka broke the heated kiss,gasping for air as Sesshomaru gently pinned her blushing form to the bed. His skin tingling,yearning for her touch once more upon it even if it was indeed painful due to her divinity. He craved it and craved her above all. Sesshomaru flinched slightly as his skin began to almost burn Abit from Shizuka's touch but he ignored it. "W-We shouldnt."Shizuka moaned as Sesshomaru slowly ran his fingers down her arm causing her to tremble.  "I know,but we will."Sesshomaru whispered into her ear while biting it gently causing her to gasp. "Will you stop me?" He asked the heavy breathing Shizuka who's eyes seemed to be clouded with an insatiable list that only Sesshomaru could handle. "No." She breathed into the night air as she layed down before Sesshomaru her eyes burning into his own.

The two shared a slow and tender night together,their bodies glistening in sweat. As their moans sounded throughout the entire place but they didn't seem to care. For this was their one and possibly final moment of unbarred feelings for one another. And they refused to waste the night away.