Tale of Mount Nahiko

Unknown to Hisuri, as she began her adventure to Mount Nahiko. The once sacred Mountain which was under the eternal reign of the "Dragon God" was not what it use to be. For one thing then once vibrant mountain filled to the brim with greenery, and wildlife. Now the sacred ground was tainted. Sickly blood and deeds absorbing into the very soil. Ceasing all life from sustaining. Well that was for all other inferior life forms. For there was a single survivor who remained attached to the dark covered mountain.

To the suvivor, this mountain was always home. Where the strong once prospered. Where thousands of humans would infact travel by foot to Mount Nahiko. Seeking the blessing and word of the "Dragon God Nahiko" whom had lived for many many centuries off the very beliefs of humans. Keeping his small group of followers safe upon hia sacred mountain. But the survivor of the Mountain was no simple follower. No, infact she related to the Dragon God. For remaining in the stillness of the mountain, taking over her father's role as "Dragon Goddess" due to his untimely demise.

Since that faithful night a mere month ago, when two strangers appeared on the mountain. Everything drastically began to change. Her father Nahiko had seemingly fallen head over heels with one of the strangers. She was beautiful no one could deny that. But there was something sinister about the woman. Her crimson eyes flickering weakly in the moonlight. While the woman herself seemed to keep herself a safe distance from Nahiko. Almost as if she was afraid of any divine aura. It intrigued Nahiko's daughter no doubt, and she kept an eye on the newcomers.

But it was not enough, upon returning one night from hunting on the mountain for the night's meal. Nahiko's daughter returned to the temple, already feeling something was amiss. And how right she was. For as the young woman ran up the many flights of stone steps hearing the shrieks of pain from the natives of the mountain. Picking up her pace the young woman was soon welcomed by the sight of many mutilated bodies which lay sprawled across the mountain peek. The barefoot woman carefully stepped pass the corpses recognizing many of them as caretakers whom had dedicated themselves body and soul to Nahiko. And this...this was their reward? A painfillee death where their God couldnt even guide them to the next life.

Gritting her teeth the daughter of Nahiko continued to survey the area. Soon coming into contact with the discpicable male visitor who's miasma oozed into the very air. Its toxic musk stealing the very life of anything it touched. Except for her. Baring her fangs the daughter of Nahiko retaliated. Attacking the yokai but her claws merely slashed through a wooden puppet. Causing the dark haired demon to cackle at her stupidity. "Your too late, the Dragon God has fallen. And his legacy will end with you." The yokai mocked before his false body dispersed into the wind leavibg hia putrid miasma in his wake. But he didn't matter, yet his words did.

She had to find her father. Rushing pass the many followers who still clung to life. The daughter of Nahiko barged into the main temple, expecting a fight to ensue. But she was not prepared for what she saw. For in the center of the room, her father lay. His snow white hair marred by the crimson puddle which dyed the ground. The smell of his blood filled the air, all the while the crimson eyed woman stood above his corpse. An evident smirk on her face as she licked her lips "You were a tremendous help, Nahiko." The woman cackled causing Nahiko's daughter's blood to run cold.

Unable to contain her rage, the young dragoness charged. Her canines lengthens and her nails now becoming their normal claws as she prepared to rip the horrid woman in two. Yet the moment she was mere centimeters from the vile woman. Her crimson orbs came to life. Those horrid orbs reflecting the very bloodshed she created. Without even batting an eyelash, a strange crimson barrier formed around the woman. The electric current flowing through the barrier wracking the Dragoness's body with pain, causing her to gritt her teeth till she bled. Yet even so the Dragoness continued to press forward. Her skin beginning to peel away due to the intensity of the barrier. The Dragoness hissed at the pain declaring she would see the wench dead. And to this the woman laughed before flashing the Dragoness a snide smile.

"You should be grateful." The crimson eyed woman stated as she turned her gaze towards the blood covered corpse of Nahiko who's empty gaze remained glued upon the woman who surely took his life. Nochalantly the crimson eyed woman carelessly kicked Nahiko's corpse causing his body to tumble across the ground. Unresponsive to her actions which greatly saddened and angered his daughter. "Your father has aided me in more ways than one." The woman began with a smirk as she seemed to pat her stomach which utterly shocked and confused the Dragoness. "YOU!" The Dragoness roared her once femine voice now a mixture of that of a beast. Preparing the rip its prey to shred no matter the cost. No matter the sacrifice.

Taking a shallow breathe the Dragoness exhaled slowly allowing fire ane brimstone to erupt from her lips. Pelting the crimson barrier with the burning might of a Dragon's rage.  With no intention of stopping her assault of her father's murderer, the Dragoness increased the strength of her flames causing the barrier to ever so slowly melt under her flames might. This intrigued the crimson eyed woman as she eyed the dedicated Dragoness who's anger filled roar echoed throughout the land. "I have what I wanted, so I suppose I will allow you to live." The woman commented with a smirk as she merely swiped her hand upward causing the barrier to shatter into thousands of flame covered shards.

The Dragoness jumped back a bit, keeping the vile woman at bay. All the while the young and inexperienced Dragoness struggled to recover the energy she had spent on that last attack. Knowing all too well she would be unable to muster even the faintest of flames. Suddenly feeling the fatigue hit her the Dragoness was forced to her knees. Gritting her teeth and cursing in frustration as the crimson eyed woman turned her back to her. Almost as if she were a mere gnat that simply was not worth her time. And strangely enough that angered the Dragoness even more.

It was then that the crimson eyed woman's body began to disappear in a smog of darkness, her low chuckle echoing even as her presence left the mountain. It was as that evil woman had stated. She had infact done what she had came to Mount Nahiko to do. To end the eternal life of the "Dragon God Nahiko" Keeper of the Western Gate. One of the Four Guardian God's whom had been tasked with keeping the "Realm of Man" out of the harms way of those who would marr it. But now....now one of those Guardians had fallen. Which meant not only were the other guardians on danger. But the entire world.

With this heavy weight on her shoulders the young Dragoness shed tears of sadness and frustration. Knowing all too well that woman and yokai were not ordinary. They had planned this and now had left nothing but pain and blood in their wake. Quietly the Dragoness peered up towards the sky above, which was no devoid of not only the moon but stars as well. The Dragoness knew she and her father would never gaze upon this sight with her ever again, and at that thought she couldn't help but to continue her sobs. She could not do this. She could not take her father's place as Guardian in his place. For she had not finished her training, nor did she truly understand her father's abnormal dedication to another Goddess.

The Dragoness refused to believe such a ruse,she had to see for herself. To see if this world was truly worth the sacrifice her father had given. So until she could move forward, until the path before her was paved the way she wished it. The Dragoness would remain on Mount Nahiko but not merely in honor of her father. But of herself as well, for the Dragoness would pray for a sign from above. Yet unknowingly to the Dragoness it seemed her prayer had been answered. For the young and adventurous Hisuri began to eagerly make her way towards the infamous mountain. Both excited and fearful of what could possibly await her.