Grief Across Realms

Before Shizuka took her last breathe, the effect of her oncoming death had already been felt throughout the realm. To even The "Mother of Celestials" who immediately broke down into erratic sobs. Covering her face all the while shooeing fellow Celestials at away, through her tears the "Mother of Celestials" made her way to the very source of her power. But not just hers, for every living Celestial there was and ever would be forever lay within a fairly large tree. Which roots stretched across the entire realm, looping around mountains and even the seas themselves in order to spread its divine light. Showering their home and the realm of Man with enough divinity to sustain both worlds. But now this was not so. For the once tree had begun to wilt horridly, its vibrant amber leaves now becoming dried up. As if it autumn had come early to their land. Yet the Mother of Celestials knew better. She knew what this meant. And though it pained her to think it, she knew it to be true.

For on this moonless night she would lose her daughter. And the entire Celestials existence would fall upon the children Shizuka was sure to have left behind after her death. Her death.  Once again the "Mother of Celestials" broke out into tears unable to fathom a world of any such without her little girl in it. For their was no future without the present. And the "Mother of Celestials" was not going to lose her daughter. Not again. Cautiously the Queen pressed her hand against ths slowly dying tree. Praying to her ancestors, her Creator to please aid her one last time. Upon her touch the tree gave off a faint silver glow as within the light the sudden clashing of battle could be heard. Along with the cries of the fallen.

Using all the remaining strength she held the Queen pressed forward,now able to see Sesshomaru himself dashing across the crimson covered battlefield. Akumosai in hand as he effortlessly servered 10 yokai which stood in his path. The yokai immediately succumbed to the silver flames which now licked at their corpses. Yet ignoring their deaths Sesshomaru pressed on, his face appeared calm but the "Mother of Celestials" knew better. For as her daughter said, beneath that calm mask was a man. A man burdened by emotion and never truly able nor willing to express them.

Gathering her thoughts the Queen was suddenly fatigued. Her body now feeling quite heavy, stomach was fairly uneasy. The Mother of Celestials gripped onto the sides of the Holy Tree. Not understanding what in fact was happening, that was until the light which breathed life into every Celestial vastly began to become dim. Like a single candle struggling to survive with no oxygen. Gripping onto her chest the Queen felt empty,for the absense of her immortal heart now lay silent. Now near tears "The Mother of Celestials" watched as that single flicker of light within the very heart of her world fade into nothing. Causing an immediate plague of darkness to sweep across the land. Plants began to wither away into nothing, flowers lost their blooms and became a ghastly shell of their former selves. Animals merely fell to their knees succumbing to the darkness in their lands, becoming consumed by the darkness itself. Increasing the darkness and its reach as it spread across the Divine Realm like wildefire.

It was then that the "Mother of Celestials" fell to her knees and cried. Screaming at the top of her lungs for she knew the reason this was happening. And it pained her to that this was infact true. Her daughter, Heir to the Celestial Throne, Mother of the Prophesied Ones had fallen. Shizuka was no more. And to this The Queen cried, she cried for her own weakness. Believing that maybe if she wouls have sent more Celestials to defend her daughter. Then maybe she would still be alive and the darkness would be nothing but legend. Gritting her teeth the Queen continued to sob into the air knowing there was nothi g more she could do. For zhe herself and the other Celestials were living in borrowed time. At any moment they too could become nothing more than dust in the wind. It was then that the Mother of Celestials releazed one final prayer to anyone who dared listen. But would that prayer ever be answered?

While elsewhere in the Realm of Man, Lord Sesshomaru had finally smashed the final Naraku puppet into pieces. Stepping on the mocking corpse as he passed by but the words the puppet spoke struck something within Sesshomaru. "You are already too late Sesshomaru, your maiden is gone. As is your boy!" The puppet laughed maniacally drawing Sesshomaru's rage as he smashed the skull with his foot. Feeling the pieces crumble beneath his feet. Hearing those words Sesshomaru's heart skipped a beat, and everything around him seemed to be moving in slow motion. He couldn't describe it, this ache. This immense amount of pain he felt at Naraku's words. "Your Maiden is Gone!" These words echoed within Sesshomaru as his heart urged his body to move. To keep pressing forward. To find Shizuka.

Yet the moment he turned upon the corridor to his chambers, where he had placed his beloved to be safe. The smell of freshly spilt blood filled the air, hitting Sesshomaru in the face. Causing his eyes to widen at the familiarity of the scent. It smelled like her....but then there was something off. Concern growing Sesshomaru dashed to the room noticing the sutra placed upon the door had been broken. Kicking the door down Sesshomaru could not believe what lay before his very eyes.

Scrambling to live in near the brink of death was Ayane,who's hand pressee against her neck to ease the crimson which continued to pour from it. But that was not Sesshomaru's main concern, what was was the source of a vast sea of crimson which soaked this room head to toe in its aroma. Slowly Sesshomaru made his way towards the body of a woman, who's eyes were wide. Yet vacant of any life within them. Sesshomaru began to tremble violently as he gazed upon the battered and blood soaked form of his beloved. His love. Stumbling to his knees not caring that his robes were now soaked in blood. Sesshomaru brought thr now limp body of Shizuka into his arms. Closing her eyes and ever so gentlt holding her to his chest.

Gritting his teeth as the Great Dog Demon struggled to hold back his grief. Unable to take it much longer Sesshomaru released a loud cry into the air burrying his face into the raven locks of his love. He was sorry, my god was he sorry. Maybe he should have stayed by her side like she wished. After all before the battle begun Sesshomaru recalled the worry in those bright emerald orbs of hers. Her warm hand gripping onto his own and her words to him. A simple request. To remain with her during the birth. And yet...he did not. Sesshomaru had left her to fight on the front lines....while she was alone. Cursing himself Sesshomaru found himself caressing Shizuka's now cold cheek, missing the warmth she once provided in his life. Pressing his forehead against her cold one. Sesshomaru blinked away a single tear which rolled down his cheek, landing on Shizuka's battered face.

"I should not hsve left you alone." Sesshomaru whispered as he carefully caressed his love. Wishing she could infact still hear him. It was true he was never one for much words but now all Sesshomaru wished was to speak to her once again. To hear that angelic giggle of hers and to have that firey touch of hers on his skin. Kissing Shizuka on the lips one final time, the broken lord placed her upon his bed. Only to be interrupted by a faint wail in the air. Startling him Sesshomaru peered around him searching for the source of the wail. But soon realized it was coming from Shizuka's very body. The wailing soon continued notifying Sesshomaru that even in her last moments his brave mate was able to keep their child alive. Carefully Sesshomaru reached within his mate pulling out the snow crying babe who immediately fell silent upon meeting Sesshomaru's amber gaze. For the child shared the trait. Bearing vibrant amber eyes, and raven hair like Shizuka. Sesshomaru then wiped the child off before swaddling the child in his arms realizing this child was a girl. Which meant the now in fact had two children.

The small infant locked eyes with Sesshomaru, gaze strong almost as if she knew far more than Sesshomaru could ever imagine. Her gaze glimmering as in those very eyes Sesshomaru saw everything. He saw Shizuka give birth to his son. He saw the joy in her eyes as she held him. But he also saw fear that filled them. As Sesshomaru witnessed a possessed Rin who lay unconcious still attacked Shizuka injurying her. But that was not all. For now Sesshomaru saw the vile form of Shinimi who angrily attacked Shizuka ultimately ending her life and taking his son with her. Blinking back tears of rage and sorrow Sesshomaru tore himself from his daughter's gaze unable to shake what he saw nor what she could infact do. For she and her brother were half Celestial and Half Daiyoki. There was no telling what the two of them would be capable of.

"Your eyes hold power, and they bore witness to your mother's demise-" Sesshomaru began as he gently rocked the quietly cooing child who seemed to already be a Daddy's girl. "Then prepare and bear witness to the vengeance I will now seek." Sesshomaru stated his body burning with rage. As the scent of his son still lingered nearby. Peering back towards the forever silent Shizuka, Sesshomaru tore his gaze from her. Swearing that he would return with their son. Gripping onto his daughter Sesshomaru ran top speed through the forest. Following his nose to his prey for he would find Shinimi. And by his will she would die for the pain she had caused.