Dynasty of Sesshomaru

Dedicated to Rosie9767 one of most faithful readers and makes me smile Everytime I see their screen name. This chapter is for you :) sorry for the delay.

   Love, Ashe_hime
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shizuka clutched onto the now slumbering Shion; the newest addition to the Dynasty of Sesshomaru. The Little Princess was indeed the child of Sesshomaru. As mere moments after birth, Shion's potential was revealed to all. Creating a barrier of silver flame covered butterflies. Protecting her mother without a single thought to hold her back. Shizuka would expect anyone to fall asleep after such effort. She cradled the small babe in her arms. Leaving tender kisses upon the blue crescent moon upon Shion's forehead. Light lingering upon the infants flesh after Shizuka's loving touch. She smiled down upon her daughter, whispering that all would be well. Though Shizuka was perhaps speaking to herself more than her own flesh and blood. Though the Celestial Maiden was indeed powerful and knew that her mate was indeed just as strong. Something in the pit of her stomach filled her with such dread. Shizuka was unsure of the origin of this feeling but she could not shake it. However she could not deny the immense strength her family had on their side. Power that would alone cause the entire earth to tremble before them. Power they intended to smite the devious Naraku with all their might.

Soon Shizuka felt the smoldering gaze of her mate. The infamous Daiyokai whom had stolen her heart, and she him. Sesshomaru, tall and mighty. His silver locks billowing behind him, while the handsome yokai cracked his knuckles in anticipation. For Shizuka could feel the enormous amount of demonic aura rippling off of Sesshomaru. As the enraged Daiyokai struggled not to take his true form. His skin prickled to life as Sesshomaru reached for one of his many weapons upon his waist. His amber eyes gleaming in the night which sent chills down Naraku's spine. Naraku hissed lowly for assistance for Kanna; one of his many incarnations. The small yokai lay in a heap of broken shards upon the ground below. Her small hand reaching out for her Master, a single shard of glass which was her body was carried by her will. This single shard grew exponentially in size, creating a shield of utter glass before Naraku. It was Kanna's final act in this world as her body became that of mere dust. As finally she was free just as her elder sister Kagura was. Free as the wind.

It was then that Inuyasha stepped forward, clad in his "Cloth of the Fire rat" making the hanyou appear but a mere blur upon movement. He revealed that cocky grin of his, witnessing his weapon increase in size to that of a large Yokai's fang. It then took a deep crimson shade before Inuyasha commented. "Your barrier won't stand a chance Naraku!" Inuyasha declared as he eyed his elder brother in the midst of raising his weapon. Unsure if it was alright to destroy the home that his family dwelled in. But a building was nothing, it was the souls within that made it a home. As long as they were all living and together. Any place could be called their home. Giving Inuyasha the okay, Sesshomaru too took to Inuyasha side. Barring his fangs lowly towards Naraku. The brother's released low growls before charging angrily towards Naraku. Inuyasha now high in the air, his blade kissing the top of the villa. But with a single swing a crimson twister of demonic energy traveled with great accuracy towards Naraku. The dizzying demonic aura clashing against the sheer glass barrier.

Naraku gazed upon the sight in disbelief as a single crack formed as Inuyasha smirked calling upon Sesshomaru. Who indeed acted. Swinging his own blade to clash against the slowly cracking barrier. Naraku hissed, backing away from the attack. Only to have his exit blocked by both Hisuri and Souma. The two twins glaring towards the filth whom had destroyed their peace. Souma with Akumosai still in his hand then appeared the blurring speed behind Naraku. The Divine lad able to move between any space at will, and with that he plunged the gleaming blade into Naraku's back. Hot blood the color of tar poured from the gaping would. Shrill cries of Naraku filled the room, his eyes seething as his left hands became that of tree branches. And slithered towards Souma, seeking to bind him before anymore harm could be done. However his attempt was stopped by none other than Hisuri. Who did not hesitate to protect her brother, her own demonic aura seeping from her body. Hisuri anger was as sharp as the weapon she held within her slim fingers. Her own crimson orbs gleamed in the benevolent light of her brother. The two sibling appearing as if the epitome of Ying and Yang. Light and Darkness. Coexisting for all eternity. Never without the other.

Black pile fell from Naraku's lips, his breathing labored as he clutched onto his chest. Bidding his body to mend itself together. Nothing but a collection of flesh piled upon one another. Forced to o survive for ones ill will. However Naraku's screams only increased as the flesh merely bubbled before erupting in a bloody mess. Chunks of flesh clung to his body and some fell to the ground. Dissolving under the might of Divine aura before it. Naraku trembled in fear as he backed away from the twins. Only to see the glowing eyes of not only Sesshomaru and Inuyasha. But those belonging to the lovely and powerful Shizuka. Her usual calm expression had returned to her. As did the immense power at her disposal. Those glimmering emerald orbs boring into Naraku. Eyes of the deepest evergreen. Eyes of a mother. And the eyes of a God. Naraku felt a chill run down his spine as his fate screamed loud in his ear. He would meet his end this night.

Gritting his teeth, Naraku could hear the familiar sound of an arrow being notched. As he was already well aware of Kagome Higurashi, taking aim at him. Her sacred arrow would no doubt destroy the barrier which was his only meager defense he held. And Souma was more than capable of killing him with another swing of his blade. Kagome then took aim, her arrow ready to finish Naraku off. He could feel her divine aura rippling around the arrow. Seeking his life. It was then that Shizuka smiled knowing what she must do. She then willed her airy voice to be heard by Kagome alone. The reincarnated Priestess standing in confusion, her docked arrow still in her grip. But she heard it. The melodic voice of Shizuka in her head. The voice was that of a gentle embrace and immediately calmed Kagome rapid beating heart. She even found herself smiling at the familiar voice, feeling deep within inner peace and trust with the Celestial Maiden. It was then that Shizuka beckoned Kagome to allow her to help. Stating that a shot from her "Sacred arrow" combined with pure Divine aura would be enough to end the being that was Naraku.

Kagome eagerly agreed. Declaring that Naraku had destroyed countless lives and tonight was the end of that. "I won't be able to live with myself if he gets away now." Kagome uttered through tears, and giving Shizuka what she needed to hear. For she knew this girl was a pure soul, a rare one indeed. And one fit to shuffle her immense power in-between. Shizuka then held her right hand out for the sacred arrow Kagome held. Watching as it light intensified and became a silver flame tipped arrow. One the would rip through the air and turn Naraku into a pile of ash. Kagome nodded as she was soon brought back to the present only to see her enflamed arrow and the burning eyes of Shizuka upon her. Kagome knew what needed to be done. Without any resistance, Kagome released the arrow into the air. Her eyes closed. Praying it would indeed. Hit.