To Protect What is Precious

Bidding one of the servant women to escort Rin back to her room; Sesshomaru was quick to move his family to the throne room. The Daiyokai carrying the slumbering little Shion in his arms. While his devoted mate; Shizuka was quick on his heels. Anxiety making itself known to the Empress who soon took her place upon a throne beside her mate. It took mere moments before the entire Dynasty of Sesshomaru gathered in the throne room. Hisuri stood beside her elder brother, a gentle hand upon his back. Seeking to support her brother in his time of need. As the sibling was aware of the strain these visions caused her brother;but most of all how true these visions were. Souma was never wrong. And this fact alone was one that unsettled both Shizuka and Sesshomaru.

Taking his seat upon his throne, while containing to hold the tiny Shion. Lord Sesshomaru beckoned for his eldest son to speak. Knowing all too well what Souma had to share was important. It was with great hesitation that Souma chose his words wisely. His amber eyes upon the sleeping Shion. It pained him to speak of what he saw, and yet only more pain would surely come if not voiced. "Shion—will end all of us. The seal was broken and Shinimi's Spirit took hold." With those words leaving his lips Shizuka held back a gasp in disbelief. Daring to rise from her throne, a hand pressed to her chest as she questioned him. "Your sure of this?" "Yes.... I don't want this to be true but—i saw it. I heard Shinimi's voice mother." Souma explained as the Celestial Maiden began to pace about the throne room.

This news was indeed greatly unsettling, as it seemed that her family would always be put in harms way. Shizuka could not allow this vision to come true. Shion was such a sweet soul; and that was the problem. Two souls rest within the tiny child. One of pure potential and love that belonged to a child. While the other was as black as night, harboring malice for all Shizuka was. Biting her bottom lip, Shizuka turned to Sesshomaru who clutched onto their youngest pup. Silently gathering his thoughts about the situation. The Daiyokai knew that there suggestions were limited, and yet the only suggestion he could muster was perhaps the most painful one.

"What about the Shikon Jewel?" Hisuri questioned, stepping before her brother. "If we could obtain it or create something similar  couldn't we... Permanently purge Obasan?" It seems practical but Shizuka shook her head at the suggestion. "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. And as we speak the scales have shifted due to recent events. If we attempted to craft something equal to the Shikon Jewel would cause catastrophic consequences on this world. Things that even myself and your brother cannot change. " Shizuka informed as she released a heavy sigh. " Can we strengthen the seal?" Souma asked as Lord Sesshomaru gritted his teeth. Raising to his feet before calling for a servant. Whom carefully took the sleeping Shion to her room.

" Only with Spiritual Power. Any bit of Demonic energy would only weaken the seal more. "Sesshomaru began as he walked to his wife's side, bringing her into a much needed embrace. He knew of the hardships they would face together; but not like this. The Daiyokai would soothe his mate for all time if he could, but for now this was all he could do for her. "Any other ideas?" Hisuri asked as Narize; the Dragoness stepped forward. "I have a suggestion. However I hope you do not think less of me." Narize began as Sesshomaru ordered her to speak.

Flinching at the Daiyokai 's might Narize finally spoke, her proposition both clever and alarming. Causing the usually calm demeanor of Shizuka to crumble to reveal that of a protective mother. Who screamed in absolute protest. Silver flames beginning to ripple around the Celestial Maiden as she spat. " How could you advise such a thing?! She's just a child!" " B-But no one would ever think to look for her there—"Narize continued only to have silver flames lick violently at her feet. Burning the Dragoness according to it's owners will. Shizuka lowered her gaze towards the Dragoness. Her ferocity once again surprising Sesshomaru as he backed away from his enraged wife.

" I don't care! Putting Shion there is a prison sentence! I won't have it!" Shizuka shouted manically towards the now cowering Narize who now fell to her knees before the Maiden. Begging for her forgiveness. "Mother please—I know you do not want to hear it. But this maybe our only option. Just until Souma's vision has occured." Hisuri spoke, trying her best to calm her enraged mother. "N-No! She would be alone there, I won't have it!" "Then what if I go with Shion?" Souma asked, alarming Hisuri and all others in the room.

Narize immediately shook her head, proclaiming that she would take the Prince's place instead. Gritting her teeth Shizuka slowly regained her clarity. Apologizing for her outburst and dismissing her flames. The Celestial Maiden turned away from her children. Her head held tall as she spoke. "If that is the case.... I entrust Shion's safety to you Souma." Shizuka whispered, her voice wracked with sorrow at what needed to be done. Dismissing their children and Narize; Sesshomaru returned to his wife's side. Holding her face in his hands as he spoke to her in hushed tones. "Everything will be alright, I swear to you." Usually Shizuka would immediately calm. Melt into the arms of her love. And yet this time was different. Her mind distracted and filled with sorrow she muttered. "But what if it's not? What if everything falls apart?" His wife felt so tiny and feeble in his arms. Revealing to Sesshomaru that no matter how much power she held, she was indeed a woman. A mother. Who's heart yearned to protect what was precious to her.

Sesshomaru gently kissed atop of Shizuka's head before looking his sobbing mate in the eye. "Then we will make it so." His words so simple but they were enough to comfort Shizuka for the time being. But Sesshomaru meant every word. Everything would be alright and he would make it so. As Shizuka as his witness he would not allow his family to crumble.