Black Widow's Curse

Elsewhere in the Western Lands, hundreds of Priests and Priestess's dedicated to serving Shizuka stood at the border of the lands themselves. Each having in their possession special "Sacred Beads" blessed by the Celestials themselves. Seeking to aid the "Mother of Celestials" in protecting Shizuka. Every individual chanting a powerful mantra; creating a shimmering amber hued barrier which stretched across the Western Lands. Cutting it off from any invasion from the time being from the nearby army of yokai. This barrier alone drained the energy of the humans which was when the Celestials would come in. Raining down from the very heavens themselves, in a glow of amber and silver light. It was then that the Celestials would use their own strength to aid in the barrier. Though they were indeed protected from outer danger, Sesshomaru and his family faced even graver danger within.

For only a single day had passed since Hisuri had left on her quest, and since then the state of Shizuka had worsened. As the once lovely maiden was sickly pale, her lushes raven locks now stuck to her face. Shizuka lay in her bed, confined to her room alone. Sesshomaru never once leaving her side. Even as her divine aura now erratic would suddenly lash out, sending waves of silver flames towards all around her. And her screams, Shizuka's anguish filled screams were enough to cause Sesshomaru's heart to tremble. He gritted his teeth, bearing the flurry of flames which hastily licked at his flesh. Sesshomaru had never known the wrath of his mate's flames before. And he thanked his luck that he never faced her wrath prior. Even so Sesshomaru remained at Shizuka's side, gripping onto her hand tightly as the physician and Lady Shouko; mother to Shizuka appeared in the doorway. A grave expression plaguing them both. "What is it?" Sesshomaru spat wishing to know the news already. For his dear mate was already at death's door, the news couldn't make it worst.

"Lady Shizuka's condition is far beyond my capabilities. Although it is clear one thing...she is with child my Lord." The statement caused Sesshomaru to become numb, his heart thumping loudly in his chest as he turned to face his beloved mate. Shizuka herself groaning in pain as she was prone to deliria since the attack. "H-How is this possible?" Sesshomaru breathed, his mind racing to the nights of passion with his mate. It was true he was often fond of relieving himself to her pleasure. But Sesshomaru was unsure that another child would be possible after Shizuka's previous death. He was well aware of the repercussions of bringing someone from the dead. Yet even still the news alone was surprising. Sesshomaru would once again be a father; and hold a pup in his arms.

"It seems that the gift of life breathed into my daughter returned her to how she was prior. However in the course of her ressurection you once again mixed blood. A taboo to our kind. Yet even still Shizuka is pregnant and the child is in danger as well. The poison will swallow your heir whole." Lady Shouko stated, her gaze turned towards her daughter who groaned in discomfort. Though seeing this Shouko drew near, her left hand grazing across Shizuka's form. As before Sesshomaru's very eyes the visage of Shizuka rippled and dissolved before him. Revealing Shizuka once more but this time a swollen stomach. One that gave off a sickly demonic aura that caused Sesshomaru mouth to clench.

"What is this?! This aura?!" Sesshomaru roared angrily as Lady Shouko sighed at his anger. "I believe.... Shinimi is present within the soul of your child. And wishes to devour it and be born into this world once more. Though this time to  superior beings. You face many dangers Sesshomaru." Shouko finished as Sesshomaru clenched his hands into tight fists. Struggling to hold back both his anger and sorrow. Shinimi. Shinimi. It all came back to her. The spiteful Celestial Maiden, elder sister of Shizuka. A conniving woman who sought to murder her own sister. A woman who wished to steal her sister's own children and destroy her family.  It was always her. The second spider the Naraku himself took under his wing. She would never leave them alone. Especially after Sesshomaru and his children ended her life. And yet even beyond the grave she holds his life, his child, and Shizuka's in her hands.

"She won't have her way." Sesshomaru began as he returned to Shizuka's side. Pressing his hand upon the pulsating bump. "Hisuri will win, and save our family. I'm sure of it." Sesshomaru breathed as well elsewhere hearing the news Narize; the Dragoness found Lord Souma gazing at the night sky above his nerves on edge. And it seemed to only grow since Hisuri's departure. Quietly Narize drew near, bowing her head before Souma who acknowledged the Dragoness. Though the moment her eyes landed of the anxiety filled Souma,she immediately regretted the news she was about to deliver. But she was interrupted by Souma who spoke "I'm going after Hisuri. She's been gone too long, and that miasma can't be ignored." Souma stated as he turned his attention to Narize who spoke out.

"My Lord please—allow me to go after Hisuri. I will return with her and fight in your stead." Narize stood tall a determined expression on her face. She was unwavering, seeing this Souma sighed. Knowing he would be unable to sway her, nor would he try to. He knew Narize, he respected her. Knew of her dedication to Hisuri. Narize would die for Hisuri, and would never betray her. Unable to hide the smile on his face, it filled Narize as she took flight. Her scaled wings erupting from her back. Spreading before Souma and blocking the full moon above. "Then fly Narize! Fly and fight for our family."  With that being said Narize took off, soaring through the sky above. Searching for her Mistress and hoping to end the bloodshed before it was too late.