The Doubt Within

After tredding the vast lands that her Father's influence still touched; Hisuri couldnt help but to take in all the new sights around her. From the vast greenery which swept across the landscape, creating this sense of peace that Hisuri never really truly thought existed outside the protective walls. For some reason the air smelled of its own frangrance one that was not known to Hisuri. But it was sweet, so sweet infact it was almost intoxicating as the young maiden roamed the country side. Coming into contact with a small village which sat nestled at the very base of Hisuri's destination. Mount Nahiko.

From what Hisuri had been told from her mother, Shizuka. Was that the village under the domain of the "Dragon God Nahiko" was said to be a very docile place. One filled to the brim with many whom prayed to Nahiko for guidance and overall protection in this world. But the deeper Shizuka began to delve deep into the nature of its people. Young Hisuri came to the conclusion that the "Dragon God's" followers were infact humans. Humans whom are fully dedicated to worshipping Nahiko until their very lives burned away due to worship.

Yes, that was one thing Shizuka warned her daughter about. Those who followed Nahiko that he trusted deeply were known as "Dragon Disciples" and were known to harness Nahiko's dangerous aura by suddenly bursting in flames. Flames that refused to cease its flickering its intensity until the very sun fell from sight. Then and only then would te Disciple find true release. And his/her soul would be held within Nahiko's breast. Forever alive, burning, awaiting for the rightful time for reincarnation. Shizuka showed extreme caution as she spoke to her daughter about Nahiko's followers. 

Hisuri recalled hanging on every word her mother spoke. Her soothing voice filled to the brim with passion. Passion that Shizuka kept under control, along with the divine blood that coursed within her. After explaining about the village and the Dragon God Nahiko himself, Shizuka brought Hisuri into the solitude of her chambers. A room filled with many memories despite Hisuri's short time as an infant. But still till this day she could sense the feeling of dread that swept across the bedroom. She could still picture the pool of crimson and amber liquid that stained the floor and walls about.

But most of all Hisuri could recall her mother's frantic cries. Her desire to save her brother and Hisuri herself from certain death. And then Hisuri felt as if she were floating, struggling to open those emerald orbs. Hisuri was welcomed into this world by her stone faced father. Whom at the time was covered in Shizuka's blood. Shaking these thoughts from her mind Hisuri followed her mother deeper into the room. Shizuka stepped into the very center of the room, her back facing her daughter. Silence immediately filling the room for a time.

Finally breaking the silence Shizuka spoke, for she wished to give her daughter as much aid as she could on this journey of hers. But deep down the worrying mother knew their was only so much she could do. And overall the success would rely on Hisuri herself, and yet she just...couldn't help herself. Bidding her to her side, which Hisuri quickly obliged to. Making her way to her mother's side who smiled warmly towards her. Hisuri couldn't help to smile back at her mother as her warm hands clasped around her own before she spoke.

"You must be strong, you have so much potential you have yet to tap into. And this will be your first test in this dangerous world of ours." Shizuka began before a gentle silver light began to spew from their embrace. Captivating Hisuri as she had never seen her mother's divine aura in action. She felt it, for her mother's very essence seemee to be woven into her very aura. The silver glow began to intensify, twisting and turning within their enclosed hands before slivers of light began to escape their tight grasp. Creating a veil of rippling silver flames which seemed to wrap around the two Divine beings in a protective manner. Hisuri peered up towards the veil in awe, her skin prickling at the sudden sensation which washed over her. Safe.

Hisuri felt safe despite this dangerous power whipping around her. Why? Because she knew whom this power belonged to. She knew her mother would never harm her. No she merely wished to teach her something. Even if Hisuri wasnt too sure what it was. It was true she was very gifted. Hisuri always excelled in combat but when it came to her true power. The power passed onto her through the divine blood her mother hsd given to her Hisuri always seemed to come up....short.

Unable to control her vast amount of power, let alone call upon it when she wished. She just wasn't....there yet. In truth Hisuri had never been able to call upon her divine or yokai blood. In some aspects she felt that she was a failure to both her father and mother. Unable to be the strong warrior that she believed they wished her to be. A single tear slid down Hisuri's cheek as her mother spoke her words comforting to the young girl whom broke their entangled grip. And began to sob, her mother's words penetrating her fragile heart, causing Shizuka to immediately scoop her daughter into a warm reassuring embrace.

"Don't cry, all will be well." Shizuka whispered her words easing Hisuri's distraught soul at the time. But now Shizuka was nowhere in sight. Now Hisuri had ventured out into the world. Not quite sure of herself or her purpose in life as of yet. Only a single desire kept her going. And she refused to give up, even with the weight of doubt that looked over her. Hisuri would push forward. One step at a time. Into the future she wished to carve out for herself.

Yet the closer Hisuri came to her destination, the more the young woman began to doubt herself. For the village she now stood in was nothing like the place her mother had painted a picture of. No, far from it. The village was quite vast, many tiny huts made from logs,and straw strewn the side of the massive mountain. Which overhead dark grey clouds circled the top of the mountain. Thunder clapping in the distance above which greatly concerned Hisuri as the area away from the mountain was nothing the sunny skies. Taking a better look at the village as she roamed within it, Hisuri soon realized that there was not a single soul in sight. Not even a dog. The village was eerily still, and appeared to have been occupied recently. So what exactly had happened to these people?

Peering up towards the dark clouds which loomed over her head. Hisuri came to the conclusion that whatever had caused these villagers to suddenly abandon their home. Just might be the source of this storm. Taking a deep breathe Hisuri began to scale the mountain, not too sure what she was going to find. But she would continue. And that was a promise.