Frail & A Sickness

Swept up in Sesshomaru's arms, Shizuka was taken to their shared chambers. The Daiyokai carefully placing his mate upon the familar silk sheets. His daughter Hisuri by his side, remaining by the doorway. Awaiting instructions, though even Hisuri could not hide the anxiety she felt. Seeing her mother in such a weakened state. For Shizuka grew extremely pale, a cold sweat draped her from head to toe. So much infact that the silk sheets had already become damp. Shizuka's raven locks strewn around her, while Sesshomaru remained by her side. Pulling the trembling maiden into his arms. Alarmed at her body's temperature dropping so rapidly. His amber orbs filled with concern as Sesshomaru touched Shizuka's clammy cheek. His mate trembling under his touch whispering that she was cold. Hearing this Hisuri drew near, taking her mother's chilled fingers into hers. Bidding the silver flames she commanded to come to her aid. Wishing to warm her mother's body, and yet even as the flames eagerly licked at Shizuka's flesh. Desperate to warm her, the chill forever remaining. Greatly alarming Hisuri who immediately rose to her feet. Informing her father that she would fetch a physician.

Bidding his daughter to hurry,Sesshomaru clutched onto his mate tightly. The great Daiyokai gritting his teeth, unable to bear seeing Shizuka in pain. Her breathing became quite shallow, so much infact that Sesshomaru had to place his ear to her chest to ensure she was indeed breathing. Although the cause of the sudden weakness was uncertain to Sesshomaru. But he had a sinking feeling that it was the mysterious Dragon from the battle prior. The same Dragon who was not only able to injure Shizuka but keep Sesshomaru at bay. Sesshomaru had not expected an attack to be forced upon his mate that day. Even so he wished he was Abit more strict. Sesshomaru was well aware of Shizuka being quite hardheaded at times. Though when it came to important details she would listen. But this time she didn't. This time Shizuka appeared on the battlefield, concern evident in her heart as she defended her family. Never once believing that she herself was in danger. It was simply how Shizuka was. So family oriented. Caring only for them instead of herself. She was the most selfless being Sesshomaru had ever come across. And yet that very trait about his beloved mate could be the end of her.

With a shaky hand Shizuka reached out to Sesshomaru, her hand being caught in his own. The Daiyokai brining the cold hand of Shizuka to his lips. Struggling to hold back his tears of frustration. Shizuka sensing her husband's discomfort moved to console him. Her smile frail but there it was for Sesshomaru as she spoke. He knew she would always smile despite her pain. Yet even so it harmed the Daiyokai like no other. An open wound aching from its source, and refusing to heal. "Sesshomaru." Shizuka whispered her voice faint as the handsome silver haired Sesshomaru knelt down to his mate. Listening to her hoarse words that rubbed her throat raw. "I don't think this is normal for my kind. Perhaps— my mother should take a visit." Shizuka breathed. At the words Sesshomaru inwardly groaned. Remembering just how much he had to prove to not only the "Mother of Celestials" but the entire populace that his intentions were pure. And now to have his Mother in law there. To see that Sesshomaru had failed in his promise of protecting Shizuka. At the very thought it made Sesshomaru cringe. But he knew that if Shizuka was mentioning calling her mother for aid; then something was truly wrong.

Almost as if sensing his worry growing Hisuri returned to the bedroom, Physician in tow. The man held an elderly presence, dressed in outdated monk robes of a dark hue. Causing suspicion to grow upon Sesshomaru at the man's arrival. Now able to smell the hint of demonic aura oozing from the wretched man's flesh. A yokai in desguise? And one of that calibur? The yokai in the skin of the old man bowed his head before Sesshomaru introducing himself as the Yokai Physician Koan. Once a simple Physician of his village turned yokai after the traumatic death of his entire village. After explaining this the elderly yokai added that he traveled the lands healing not only yokai but humans as well. And now had hoped to put all of those years of practice to good use. "I wish to help diagnose your Mate M'lord. I have heard she is a Celestial Maiden, as such she deserves the best care in all the lands. And I believe can provide those services to you." Koan informed his head remaining bowed as Sesshomaru searched the impudent Yokai for any trace of ill will or malice in his being. Refusing to allow any harm to come to Shizuka.

"How did you hear of this?" Sesshomaru questioned, advising Hisuri to remain silent. Wishing to hear what else fell from Koan's mouth, hoping to weed out any sense of doubt. "Word has traveled not only through the Western Lands of your Mate, but Northern, Southern and Eastern Lands are aware of her. I was currently treating a small village whom were under siege by yokai days ago. But before my eyes those yokai erupted in flames, burning until nothing was left! I had never seen anything like it. Yokai fear you all while others wish to join you. I am one of those. Allow me to show my worth to your Dynasty M'lord. For you are going to need many allies for the battle at hand." Koan informed, Sesshomaru's eyes widened at the Yokai's words. Sesshomaru instantly releasing Shizuka's hand before pacing about the room in deep thought. He had figured eventually word would sore of his new family. But Sesshomaru had hoped he had kept them secret for as long as possible. Claiming the many victories by his "Children" were merely Generals in his ranks and nothing more. As only a handful of them soldiers were even aware of their heritage.

It was what Shizuka had wanted, for the children to grow up secluded from as much dangers as possible. But now it seemed that danger was knocking on their door once more. In the shape of a full scale war. Them vs The 3 Lords of the Lands. A war Sesshomaru was unsure they were truly prepare for. Especially with Shizuka temporarily out of commission. It would be Souma on the front lines. And Hisuri at his back, but it would not be enough. They would need more allies. Gritting his teeth Sesshomaru turned his gaze back to old man Koan releasing a light sigh. "What else do you know old man?" Sesshomaru questioned his voice low and animalistic causing Koan to take a hesitation before answering Sesshomaru as quickly as possible. Fear evident in the Yokai's eyes. " I-I know of the 'Battle of the Moonless Night!' Many do and know that you have children with immense power. I swear it is all I know!" Koan shrieked pleading for his life before Sesshomaru.

"My Lord." Hisuri stated, stepping towards her father keeping the fascade of merely being a "General" in his army. "The Empress is in need of care, I believe Koan is qualified. I assure you My Lord." Hisuri answered , confirming her trust in the old yokai. With a scowl Sesshomaru stepped to the side allowing Koan to draw near Shizuka. Who sat up in the bed, her bed to the wall. Her breathing heavily labored causing Koan to furrow his brow. Placing his fingers to her forhead and wrist. Eyes closed concentrating on the task at hand. Koan felt it the slowed heartbeat of the once powerful being before him. He felt the very thread that bound her to this realm wavering. And a strange speck of blackness within the pure maidens body. A sickness that Koan admitted to have never seen before. Hearing Sesshomaru growl from behind him Koan pulled out a tote filled with varied herbs in preparation for treatment. Applying a azure hued powder to Shizuka's forhead, chest, stomach and feet. Koan explaining that he hoped to direct the sickness downward but was stopped in mid sentence at the sight of his medicinal potion he had placed upon Shizuka dissolve into her flesh. Leaving nothing in its place but the violent convulsions. Forcing Hisuri to hold her mother down as she thrashed about. Her screams wrecking throughout the entire villa. Shizuka's emerald eyes now a mess of both crimson and gold. As those screams of hers continued but unknown to Sesshomaru this was the final phase of the poison given to Shizuka. Now it would be only a matter of time before Hell once again made itself known the Sesshomaru Dynasty.

Kindred SpiritsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara