Souma

Lord Souma awakened from his slumber, already noticing the sudden change in his body. Willing himself to sit up, Souma allowed his bare feet to touch the sheer cold wood beneath him. That mere movement was enough to send a cascade of raven locks fall down his sides. Landing sprawled about the area where he sat. His hair was long, longer than it had ever been. And the hue of a raven's sing, just like hers. His mother. Gathering all his hair,Souma tied his locks away in a simple warrior's high ponytail. All the while Souma became quite accustomed to his new appearance. For Souma was no longer the little lord. The boy who was the mirror image of his father. No for Lord Souma stood about 6 feet, giving off a strong and regal aura about him. One that his mother and father both also shared. Souma indeed was quite a handsome man, one who's face seemed as if it were perfectly hand crafted by the God's themselves. And it indeed was after all his mother was infact one of those very God's. A Celestial Maiden.

Like his father, Lord Souma's complexion fair, and above all flawless for not a single scratch grazed his flesh. While Souma's eyes were those striking amber orbs belonging to his Daiyokai Father. All the while around his eyes crimson warrior paint was added in order to give Souma a threatening appearance one filled with power. Quickly dressing in a simple white and dark blue kimono, with gold lining on the sleeves. Taking a deep breath Souma turned his gaze towards the doorway. Seeking to meet with his father before the next War Meeting.

As a child Sesshomaru saw how gifted his first born and heir was when it came to strategies and diplomacy. It was then that Sesshomaru began to groom his son, teaching him the ways of not only a War Lord. But a warrior as well, trained by Sesshomaru himself into a fine swordsman. Able to almost unnaturally swing the battle his way no matter the ordeal. It was something Souma and Hisuri both shared. But their fighting styles varied, as Souma fought like a warrior. Seeking honor in battle, but still he and his sister shared a single dream. To protect that which was precious to them, and to the Young Lord his family meant the world to him.

Though like his father,Souma held that cold stare able to freeze even the mightiest warrior with a mere glance. But behind that coldness was a gentle heart. One that craved for fulfillment. It wad true he and his sister shared a similar dream, but there was something else. Something that remained out of Lord Souma's reach. Since his mother's revival he had felt a certain emptiness that he had never felt before. As if fate was pulling him elsewhere. To do bigger and better things in the world. But this was simply what he thought, no facts lay within it. For now Lord Souma would push away this emptiness and step into the future which was now with his father.

Fixing his kimono to his liking, Lord Souma grabbed his weapon. A fairly long katana, its steel glistening in the morning sun. Placing the weapon in its proper place by his side, Lord Souma took his leave. Roaming the vast hallways of the villa, where already women of both yokai and human couldn't help to gaze upon him in awe. Not believing that such a creature such as he existed in the world. For merely gazing upon him caused any female's heart to pound. No matter the class, and no matter the woman.

Ignoring the women fawning over him Lord Souma finally made his way to the War Room. Where his father awaited him. Opening the large door,Souma was welcomed by the sight of his father. Who sat at his desk where maps of the continent lay stretched across. Along with strange colored shogi pieces, most likely presenting the many threats that their Empire would face. But that was not all. In the room at least 8 large bookshelves lined the room, where books lay teachings necessary for any Tactician. Upon noticing the sudden appearance of Lord Souma,Lord Sesshomaru himself rose to his feet. Unable to believe his eyes upon gazing at his son. 

The "Mother of Celestials" had warned him of their vast growth but this was something Sesshomaru did not expect. For the small boy who always followed him, climbing his very heels was no more. Now in his place stood a man. A man who's face mirrored Sesshomaru's so much it was almost maddening. For Souma looked as if he were the human version of Sesshomaru, it was something Sesshomaru never thought was possible. There was no doubting it, Lord Souma was in fact his son. There was no question about that. Taking a deep breath Souma bowed before his father, causing Sesshomaru to flash a small smile towards his son. Approving him once more which made Souma stifle back a smile of his own. "Father,I had hoped to speak to you." Souma announced his voice filled with conviction. Strength that was necessary in a future War Lord. Sesshomaru nodded towards his son, asking him what he wished to speak of.

Seeing his opportunity Souma quickly seated himself. Taking a deep breath as he began to speak. Words that he had hoped would fall upon his father's pleasing ear. "I wish to aid you father in your next battle. Allow me to aid your army, father. Ive been trained for this-" Souma began but ceased his words at the very sight of his father who gave off an immense demonic aura. So much it caused Souma to hold his tongue. He knew talking his father into letting him onto the field would be difficult. But he did not expect the anger.

"You. Your sister. Your mother....are my responsibility. The center of this Empire. I will not allow you to throw your lives away in the line of duty. For a cause-" "A righteous cause! For our future! I want to protect them to but here my blade is useless...it grows dull each day." Souma whispered his voice losing its edge under the intimidating gaze of his father. Gritting his teeth Sesshomaru calmed himself rubbing his head. Choosing his words wisely as Shizuka had advised before. " I will not allow you or Hisuri to leave these walls until you prove yourselves." Sesshomaru stated giving Souma hope as the young Lord asked his father how they were to obtain his approval.

And it was with a smirk that Sesshomaru answered his son. So nonchalant it was almost scary. "Defeat me in battle. Only then will you have proven yourselves." Swallowing a large lump in his throat Souma nodded unable to speak as he could not believe what his father had said. Defeat him? How on earth could they defeat him? A seasoned warrior, with the skills and weapons to prove it. Unable to speak Souma quietly left his father's study, closing the door behind him as his body began to tremble. Gritting his teeth, tears began to fall. Irritating the Young Lord as he held back a sob.

Wiping away his tears the shattered Lord sheilded his face from the world. Only to feel the sudden warmth of a small hand on his back. Souma jumped in surprise as the figure giggled revealing the hand belonged to a woman. " Forgive me, I didnt mean to startle you." The woman informed, her voice as gentle as a summers breeze. The woman was kind, truly so that Souma wished to gaze upon the woman. Only to have his eyes wide in shock at the vision that stood before him. As the woman was none other than Shizuka herself. His mother.

Shizuka smiled towards Souma as she gently brought the man into a gentle embrace. All thw while whispering soothing words into his ear. " Everything will be alright." Simple words yet they were enough as Souma held onto his mother allowing his tears to flow freely. Knowing she would neither judge him nor tease him. Even though they hadnt been formly introduced Shizuka was just as kind as all the stories he hsd been told. She was the sun in his father's world. And he could defiantly see why he wished to hold the sun in his hands forver. Never wishing to share its warmth and brightness with anyone else. They were the same as well. Something Sesshomaru refused to share with the world. Shizuka continued to hold onto the sobbing man feeling some sort of familiarity with him. She jusr couldn't out hwr finger on it but she knew. She knew this man. Deep down in her heart she felt it. But who...just who was he?