Puppets of Greater Chaos

Elsewhere upon the vast grasslands of the Southern lands; a vast palace stood. Erected upon one of it's massive hills stood a structure like no other. For the building itself was shaped in a perfect rectangle, though floor after floor served its own purpose. From its own marketplace, to the palace's own blacksmith and armory. Yes, for this fortress of power which belonged to the Lord of the Southern Lands themselves. A yokai of a long line of humanoid yokai. There blood giving them the ability to bend hell fire to their will. The Lord of these lands was Gin, a yokai of 500 years of age. Though by appearence many were unable to tell. As Gin retained the shape of a young man in his mid 20's. Standing a staggering 6'3 and towering over many of his underlings. Gin held blazing crimson eyes that bore into those, scorching those lesser than him. Leaving them nothing but a pile of ashes where they once stood.

Lord Gin long ago had raven locks, though it seemed one night after a rather intense battle Gin returned. His black hair now an ashen hue, clashing with his firey gaze. Though Gin was also known for his Insanity. The once renowned yokai now but a ceased yokai seeking to destroy all in his wake. As he wished to spread his reign to every corner of the lands. Yes, but not alone. For after the sudden "The Culling" an event that stretched across the lands. Yokai of every shape and form bursting into silver and gold flames that licked at their flesh. Gin had seen it first hand. As one of his many courtesans had fallen victim to the plague. The woman was of Hebi descent, bearing the yellow eyes of a viper. She had been a part of Gin's court for many years. And as such had mothered him many children. The woman sat upon Gin's bed, conversing with the maddened Gin about his temper.

Though the moment Gin turned to acknowledge his mistress, a scream erupted from her throat. Drawing Gin's attention, for the woman before him was overcome by silver and gold flames. Hugging herself the woman cried, body wrecked with pain as she weeped. Her flesh now falling from the bone, nearly unrecognizable the woman stretched her hand out for Gin. The yokai completely stunned at the sight before him, unable to speak as the woman cried out for him. Begging for Gin to help her, to make the pain go away. Gritting his teeth Gin embraced his mistress, the flames seeming unable to gnaw at his flesh. Pleasing him at the moment as he held onto the Hebi woman, her cries soon ceasing entirely. Her body crumbling into black ash in Gin's clutches. Leaving the yokai scarred by the sight that unfolded before him. Though the screams of hundreds of other yokai falling victim to the same fate ripped through the night. Haunting Gin since that horrid night. Seeking to find the cause of his people's suffering and his own.

Ordering his many spies to search for the source of the flames that wiped out nearly half the population of his lands and others. Gin had come to the understanding that attack had infact come from the domain of Lord Sesshomaru. Being informed that the Western Lands were under attack and two of Sesshomaru's Generals by the names of Hisuri and Souma had come into unbelievable power. Piercing the very heavens themselves. But that was not all. Apparently Sesshomaru had taken a mate. A non yokai mate. A Celestial Being of unimaginable power. For any yokai that devoured her was to surely become the most powerful in the world. So why did Sesshomaru not devour her? Was he already receiving power from her? And most of all what gave him the right to horde all the power for himself.

As Lord Gin was sure Sesshomaru would have his eye on conquest. And would seek to take his lands with a terrifying might. But Gin would not allow this, he would be on the offensive. He would strike, but he would not be alone. For the Lords of Northern and Eastern Lands had rallied to Gin's cause. And at the moment awaited Gin in the "War Room". Making his way to the awaiting Lords, Gin opened the gold double doors. Revealing a fairly long rectangle shaped table at the very center of the room. It's walls lined from shelf to shelf with an assortment of books. Varied from the histories of yokai to the strategies of war. Waltzing to the head of the table with his arms crossed, Gin took a seat. Greeting the Lords in his realm, assuring them that they were indeed safe within his lands. And now was the time to speak, to act on behalf of all. "All of our spies have come to the same conclusion; Sesshomaru has in his possession a Celestial Maiden. And two Generals of great power. Power that decimated our lands." Gin began his speech sparking determination within the others. "Sesshomaru is a conquer and he will sweep over our lands if we do not stop him." "What do you suggest?" The Lord of the Northern Lands questioned.

As the Lord of the frigid North was infact a Yuki Onna. A Snow Woman and as one would believe the entire populace belonged to these Snow Women. But one reigned above them all. Believing to be the very first Yuki Onna to dare to conquer. Lady Yasuya, a woman of immense beauty. Her skin that of first snows hue, while Yasuya's long flowing locks were the purest of white. Though the woman's icy blue eyes and pointy ears revealed to all she was indeed a yokai. Lady Yasuya like many other Lords had lost loved ones in the "Culling". And Yasuya eas no different; as many of her daughters had fallen victim to the flames. Leaving Yasuya the most powerful of all Yuki Onna unable to put out the flames. The intensity of them nearly burning Yasuya to a crisp had she not escaped.

"We have Intel that one the targets; General Hisuri will be departing from the Western Lands soon." Informed the Lord of the Eastern Lands an elderly old yokai who served as more support than anything. "Then that is our chance to strike. Someone needs to target Hisuri while I gather our forces for an attack." Gin began as the elderly Lord of the Eastern Lands stepped forward. Cane in all as he spoke "I will take on the child." "Foolish old man you'll only get yourself killed and allow her to signal our betrayal!" Yasuya roared earning the old man's stern gaze a sharpness to it that caused Yasuya to shut her mouth. Never in her time as a Lord sensing such malice coming off the Eastern Lord before. "As I said I will take on the child." The old man informed once more, Gin nodded though he would deploy one of his own men.

One of the spies that had retrieved the information about Sesshomaru and his Dynasty. The spy stepping forward dressed in dark kimono robes;His skin was that of deep Sandy hue of the vast deserts. Though part of his face was overcome by violet scales spread across his face. Traveling down the man's neck to his bare chest,which was overcome by the scales as well. A pair of firey lavander horns emerged from his head. Completely made of flames. And his eyes for the irises of them were a brillaint gold while the outer was a deep black. Known to few as Yoru. "I will assist in anyway I can Lord Gin." Yoru stated bowing his head before the Demon Lord. While a brief smirk was evident on his face. Yes Sesshomaru and his Dynasty would fall. But first they would root out the family stem and all. Starting with the children. Yes, Shizuka would suffer a fate worst than death. Witnessing her very family destroyed and her aiding it that very assault. Yes it was truly devious yet Yoru knew it would come to fruition. It was only a matter of days now. Before Hell rained down upon the Western Lands once more.